• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

1. psypokes has all the game cries, and even some anime ones. I still think that we should plan to incorporate game cries in the future. Anime ones may be problematic (Japanese? English? Both?)
If we can get past the technical issues, we would certainly like to at least upload the game cries.

2 & 3. Perhaps just a good quality image of how it appears in-game? Have one for each generation of console games (just one for the Stadiums since they use the same models, one for Colosseum and XD as I think they use the same models, and PBR).
I don't think our current images are bad quality. Also, don't forget to add the Ranch/Rumble/Rumble Blast models to that list.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ehkepjiconegkhpodgoaeamnpckdbblp
^ APNG viewer Extension for Chrome. It works perfectly. In fact the sole reason I downloaded it was Bulbapedia.
I haven't installed that, because to do so I need to allow it to
  • Access your data on all websites
  • Access your tabs and browsing activity

I don't think our current images are bad quality. Also, don't forget to add the Ranch/Rumble/Rumble Blast models to that list.
Not what I meant; just adding a picture as good as Rhyhorn appears. From that angle, above and to the left. Maybe include another image from the reverse angle, above and to the rear right (to see its backside).
I haven't installed that, because to do so I need to allow it to
According to one reviewer of the Extension, "Google made the permission groups that extensions can select _far_ too broad, so something that (for example) only needs to add a little change to each page still has to ask for the whole "data on all websites" permission."

According to one reviewer of the Extension, "Google made the permission groups that extensions can select _far_ too broad, so something that (for example) only needs to add a little change to each page still has to ask for the whole "data on all websites" permission."

when i got it it didn't make me do that

also, i found the page that says how to add a iPhone skin

Simple mobile skin auto change - MediaWiki

Some Pokémon game walkthroughs from Bulbapedia needing to be complete

All I found over the Bulbapedia is some of the walkthrough articles for the Pokémon games need to be completed as listed below, and some of these sections and chapters for the walkthroughs need be be added or completed as listed below:
But, I wish everyone were never too darn lazy to complete these walkthrough articles so every users can read them all as completed. But I not gonna edit them all because the userspace editing is restricted to one edit per day due to the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. So why is anyone too darn lazy to do so?

Last edited:
Re: Some Pokémon game walkthroughs from Bulbapedia needing to be complete

All I found over the Bulbapedia is some of the walkthrough articles for the Pokémon games need to be completed as listed below, and some of these sections and chapters for the walkthroughs need be be added or completed as listed below:
But, I wish everyone were never too darn lazy to complete these walkthrough articles so every users can read them all as completed. But I not gonna edit them all because the userspace editing is restricted to one edit per day due to the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. So why is anyone too darn lazy to do so?

They're not in the userspace, they're in the appendix space. They don't fall under that limit. You're welcome to improve them as you see fit.

I'm so surprised no one has made an article on this yet! I don't know how to make articles, but someone needs to make an article about the Pokemon Reorchestrated project (PREO). It has been carried out by a user named Skotein since 2009, and he is ready to release the entire Kanto Symphony soundtrack from Red/Blue sometime this October. He's working with Joypad Records and the Pokemon Company to release it as a video game cover album. His main website is Pokémon Reorchestrated and to sample some of the songs he's done so far, his YouTube account is Pokémon Reorchestrated - YouTube.

I'm so surprised no one has made an article on this yet! I don't know how to make articles, but someone needs to make an article about the Pokemon Reorchestrated project (PREO). It has been carried out by a user named Skotein since 2009, and he is ready to release the entire Kanto Symphony soundtrack from Red/Blue sometime this October. He's working with Joypad Records and the Pokemon Company to release it as a video game cover album. His main website is Pokémon Reorchestrated and to sample some of the songs he's done so far, his YouTube account is Pokémon Reorchestrated - YouTube.
I'm a fan too, but unfortunately I don't think this will make it on the wiki. Only official Pokémon games, merchandise, films, events, and projects are generally allowed.

Then again, we do have a whole section just for shipping (I know... I know.), so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Dunno if this is quite the right thread, but... have the edits from the past week or so completely vanished for anyone else? They haven't been reverted- it's more like they were never made in the first place.

Well, but if he's working with the Pokemon Company, then wouldn't that technically make it official?

I was going to say that the biggest issue was likely a potential copyright one, but given that it's fully licensed that's a non-issue. Given that it's fully licensed, I would say that once the album released it should definitely get an article. I know a few staff members have been following that project, so I'd like them to weigh in on the potential of an article before that.

So I finally finish writing up the Synopsis for BW080...
and then this happens:

Editing has been locked temporarily due to a server move. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Check BNN and Bulbanews for up-to-date info and discuss it on the forums or irc channel #bulbapedia

Grr. Episodes take too long to summarize. And what the heck, how does one summarize an episode? "Character 1 and Character 2 decide to battle. Character 2 wins." ?! Is that how we should do it? Generally I try to tell everything important that happens play-by-play and leave out unnecessary little events.

How long does a Synopsis have to be to not be too small of an overview, and how short should it be so that it doesn't take me so many hours to write one?

This is a given once the Kanto Symphony album is released. I'm one of the staffers that have been following this project and since it fits with the Music project, we see no reason to not include it.

So I finally finish writing up the Synopsis for BW080...
and then this happens:

Editing has been locked temporarily due to a server move. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Check BNN and Bulbanews for up-to-date info and discuss it on the forums or irc channel #bulbapedia

Grr. Episodes take too long to summarize. And what the heck, how does one summarize an episode? "Character 1 and Character 2 decide to battle. Character 2 wins." ?! Is that how we should do it? Generally I try to tell everything important that happens play-by-play and leave out unnecessary little events.

How long does a Synopsis have to be to not be too small of an overview, and how short should it be so that it doesn't take me so many hours to write one?
If you're not too sure about how a synopsis should be written like, you can always check other examples (for example BW056), it should be written in third person, ideally in present continuous tense (or past, depending on the situation). As for the length of the synopsis, it depends on how much content the episode in contrast to the Bulbapedia article. It's up to the user to try and write it all down as faithful to the events as possible.

Last edited:
You picked a horrible time for a server move! Black and White 2 are out in the US tomorrow! That'll create a ton of translation updates (Mei and Kyouhei's English names, for starters). Well, when editing is possible again, Opelucid Gym's page needs details adding relating to BW101, which judging by the episode title (Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!) is Iris vs Drayden at that gym.

^ Spoilers, bro. Some of us like surprises.

Tell me about it. It's been a full week. I've written two whole BW episode synopses since then.

The server's definitely gonna be tested as soon as editing is unlocked, though we'll probably have that pleasant little 1 edit/day reminder again.

Sorry it's taking so long guys. The servers are still throwing up errors all over the place (remember the session data loss errors? All the time.). I should also note that the wiki would likely have been locked down for a few days now for the B2W2 release, so that we can coordinate the move. I know it's annoying, but we'd rather get it working properly before we unlock it, rather than unlock it before it's ready and deal with masses of bugs.

The episode title is mentioned on the Twitter feed. It is unavoidable. Anyway, the unnamed twins on the Unova Route 20 page are called Lia and Lily. Please update it.

You said Bulbapedia front page. This is a thread about Bulbapedia suggestions and errors. Therefore. Bulbanews and Twitter are doubly irrelevant.
Whatever, let's move on and agree that this server move is the bollocks. And I'm not even English.

Back
Top Bottom