• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Found a new problem. Lance's generation IV battle sprite appears to be displaying an old version, even though it was updated on Archives last month. It should show this:
Spr_HGSS_Lance.png

but instead I'm seeing this:
Spr_HGSS_Lance.png

The second image has an unwanted overlap.

File:Spr HGSS Lance.png - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

It was fixed on archives, not on the pedia for some reason, we are looking into it

When I click Watchlist at the top, it sends a file to my computer named "Special-Watchlist" of unknown file type and keeps me on the main page.

Actually, this occurs whenever any link is clicked. Sometimes it works if I right-click and open in a new tab

Last edited:
^^That's happening to me, too. I can get it to work on some pages, but not on most others. It keeps trying to download something, which is generally a bad idea since I'm currently on a school computer xD

As noted the issues appear to have been resolved, apparently Amazon was having similar issues as such we believed it may have been due to the client servers. Thanks everyone for your co operation

I got the urge to read about vs sprites but there isn't a page on it. Can someone create a page I pretty sure we have all the info so it wouldn't be that hard. Would it?

In the Wellspring Cave in Black 2 / White 2, Woobat can be found from lvl 55 to lvl 58, while the site only says from lvl 55 to 57.

Say I'm writing in an article featuring characters' Pokémon, like in a Gym battle episode, but those Pokémon aren't special enough to have their own page (e.g., {{TP|Brock|Pineco}}.

Like in Ash's battle against Roxie, should it be {{p|Koffing}} or [[Roxie#Koffing|Koffing]]? One referring to the Pokémon species or one on the section on the character's page? Which is ideal? I'd say since we're talking about a specific Pokémon, the latter.

Sorry, I gots another question that's been bugging me. Say we have a Trivia section like so:
===Errors===
* When Roxie approaches the Trainer with the {{p|Gothitelle}} she had just defeated, the bottoms of her shoes are purple, not blue.
* In one scene for a split second, the pupil in Roxie's right eye is missing.
* Roxie's {{p|Koffing}} uses {{m|Clear Smog}} to remove the {{m|Sandstorm}} created by {{AP|Boldore}}, but Clear Smog does not negate [[weather conditions]]. In fact, Sandstorm could only have ended after 5 turns or if another weather-changing move was used.
Are adding the links really necessary for Gothitelle, Koffing, and Boldore? Do we really have to re-link every linkable Pokémon and character and so on just because it's a new section? I'd say it's only useful to link to Clear Smog and Sandstorm so that the reader may look up those moves' effects (and in other situations when "proof" or context may be needed).

Sorry, I gots another question that's been bugging me. Say we have a Trivia section like so:
===Errors===
* When Roxie approaches the Trainer with the {{p|Gothitelle}} she had just defeated, the bottoms of her shoes are purple, not blue.
* In one scene for a split second, the pupil in Roxie's right eye is missing.
* Roxie's {{p|Koffing}} uses {{m|Clear Smog}} to remove the {{m|Sandstorm}} created by {{AP|Boldore}}, but Clear Smog does not negate [[weather conditions]]. In fact, Sandstorm could only have ended after 5 turns or if another weather-changing move was used.
Are adding the links really necessary for Gothitelle, Koffing, and Boldore? Do we really have to re-link every linkable Pokémon and character and so on just because it's a new section? I'd say it's only useful to link to Clear Smog and Sandstorm so that the reader may look up those moves' effects (and in other situations when "proof" or context may be needed).

I am personally of the opinion that the more links we have, the better. Who's to say what the reader will want to go to next? As it is a new section, I don't see providing the links as a hindrance to anyone, only a convenience to some. If someone doesn't want to click, they don't have to, but if someone does want to go there, the link is right there for them. I tend to link things in the TCG sections everywhere, just because at any point in time, someone might want to go to that page to find out more information.

i think we should put some information on ash unfuzant because ash had use it in the episode against the twins in the tag battle with his partner cilan it was awesome battle.

The Breeder who buys back your Mulches at the end of Mistralton City's runway gives the player 1000 Poké Dollars for each mulch.

EDIT : Clay, the Gym Leader of Driftveil City can appear in the Join Avenue. I don't know what conditions have to be fulfilled to make him appear, but if you guide him in the right shop, the Join Avenue and said shop earns 1000 points. Makes me wonder if other Unovan Gym Leaders can also appear in the Join Avenue...

Last edited:
Hi, I'm just wondering if it would be fine for me to add information about card illustrations in the card's page. Such as noting that this card depicts N's Playroom, even if it isn't the main focus. And this card depicts Dragonspiral Tower. Maybe such information can be put in the trivia section? I'm asking because two of the three Frillish TCG pages note that both the male and female variates are depicted, so why not extend that treatment to locations?
Added the locations to the trivia sections. We already had pages like [bp]Jellicent (Next Destinies 35)[/bp] doing this anyway, so it was just matching the convention.

The whole dilemma about duos and quartets would be moot if there was simply a page about legendary groups in general instead.

The classification of legendary trio made sense when there was simply 2 trios and some other legends.

Now you have several trios and duos, some with an extra member, some without, some of the extra members being closer to the group, some being clearly superior...

Actually, even worse is the trio masters classification.
When half of those supposed trio masters are part of the trio itself, something isn't right.

Its inconsistent.
In one case, you have the rivals Groudon and Kyogre, with a clearly superior Rayquaza, and they are considered a trio.
In another case you have three golems, and a fourth bigger one, Regigigas, yet no one ever called them a quartet in human history.
Because these are 2 groups of legendaries,
-Weather legends, which consist of a duo and their master
-Golems, which consist of a trio and an extra member.

trios/duos->groups
master->extra member

Or do we have to wait till there is a group of 5 and they have an additional member that is inferior, for the term master to look too specialized and be replaced by something more general.

User:Saiph charon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
I like the idea of changing legendary trios and duos to just "legendary groupings", but I don't like the idea of changing "trio master" to "extra member"; I would rather "group master" or similar, as it is more than just another member, it is a superior.

Under Medals...
The medal image for Beginning of Memory is incorrect, it should be the same as Frequent Trader or Achiever Lv. 2.
Hidden Grotto Adept also has an incorrect image, should be the same as Deep Sleep Capture or Experienced Saver.
Lastly Sci Fi Movie Master should be Sci-Fi Movie Master.

If someone could kindly fix those. Normally I would but I'm not on a good computer at the moment and I don't want to forget.

The Breeder who buys back your Mulches at the end of Mistralton City's runway gives the player 1000 Poké Dollars for each mulch.

EDIT : Clay, the Gym Leader of Driftveil City can appear in the Join Avenue. I don't know what conditions have to be fulfilled to make him appear, but if you guide him in the right shop, the Join Avenue and said shop earns 1000 points. Makes me wonder if other Unovan Gym Leaders can also appear in the Join Avenue...

I had Elesa in my Rank 7 Join Avenue a few hours ago, and I know another user had Burgh and Drayden. So I guess it's possible for most (if not all) of the Unova Gym Leaders to come to your Join Avenue, providing that the right conditions are met.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but whatever.

Recently I've been having a graphical problem with Bulbapedia. Here's a screenshot.

Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 4.13.36 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom