• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Just a suggestion here, but someone should probably protect the Fake Pokemon page as Mewthree redirects to it, and several people have been calling the new Mew that.

Maybe also protect Mew's page as well?

Just a suggestion here, but someone should probably protect the Fake Pokemon page as Mewthree redirects to it, and several people have been calling the new Mew that.

Maybe also protect Mew's page as well?

We try not to protect too many mainspace pages, as it prevents people from editing them which is counter to our goal as a freely editable wiki. I think it's fine.

Mankey and Primeape's generation 2 moveset says they get TM Psych Up but Psych Up doesn't list them getting the TM in any generation, only the move tutor in Emerald. If someone has a Mankey and/or Primeape and TM Psych Up in a generation 2 game they should check if it accepts it and fix whichever page is incorrect. I'd do it but the internal battery in my Crystal ran dry, so even though it's been replaced I have no progress in it.

Mankey and Primeape's generation 2 moveset says they get TM Psych Up but Psych Up doesn't list them getting the TM in any generation, only the move tutor in Emerald. If someone has a Mankey and/or Primeape and TM Psych Up in a generation 2 game they should check if it accepts it and fix whichever page is incorrect. I'd do it but the internal battery in my Crystal ran dry, so even though it's been replaced I have no progress in it.
@G50; checked this in Stadium 2, and apparently they can learn it via TM in those games. It's not something that happens often but I really do hate Pokemon learnlist/move learnlist inconsistencies.

The Psych Up page has been fixed.

Can someone please upload the real in-game layout of this page? It's been sitting there since forever.

Getting overhead maps of Gen V is not easy (and it will be even harder in Gen VI). I doubt someone will be able to.

The 3D sections I can understand, but why it is so hard to rip the maps of the 2D sections? Isn't it was similar to the Gen IV maps?

1. The Habitat section of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion need to be fixed. They already leave their residing areas after 2 years.

2. Some of the Pokémon Stadium portraits are too big. An example here.

3. Can the Bulbapedia staff give more attention about this page? Many pages that have problems (deletion, merging, moving, splitting) just stays there and no one seems to care it.

Last edited:
1. The Habitat section of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion need to be fixed. They already leave their residing areas after 2 years.

2. Some of the Pokémon Stadium portraits are too big. An example here.

3. Can the Bulbapedia staff give more attention about this page? Many pages that have problems (deletion, merging, moving, splitting) just stays there and no one seems to care it.

1. You could have edited this yourself, but its a trivial (read: not too important) and the admin team are currently looking at modifying the habitat section somewhat in the future.

2. This does need to be fixed and I've forwarded the info to someone who might be able to do something about it.

3. Bulbapedia staff do care, I can guarentee it, just in the grand scheme of things these pages do sometimes fall through the cracks in favour of other more important things. Please do try to keep in mind that all staff work for the staff voluntarily and aren't always around outside of their non Bulba-lifes.

Deletion candidates, the templates are currently being kept around for either future plans or to scavenge what we can for use in other parts of the pedia and some we are still discussing behind the scenes. Merging can occasionally take a lot of work as cut and paste isn't the solution a lot of the time, and (similar to for splitting) there are usually drafts being worked on in the userspace. Finally for moving, it can take up some time too and just because it's a candidate doesn't necessarily mean it will be moved. As previously mentioned though, in the grand scheme of things this affects in total a little less then 100 pages in the wiki, I'll go through when I get time and personally weed out a few, in the mean time though we ask that you spare with us.

Can someone add the Gen V's television shows quotes to Bulbapedia (The games, not the anime)? It contains some interesting information.

Last edited:
Can someone add the Gen V's television shows quotes to Bulbapedia (The games, not the anime)? It contains some interesting information.

[bp]Jubilife_TV#Programs[/bp] has descriptions of all the programs and a list of all the advertisements. If we were to get quotes, they would go there.

[bp]Jubilife_TV#Programs[/bp] has descriptions of all the programs and a list of all the advertisements. If we were to get quotes, they would go there.

Isn't Jubilife TV was Gen IV?

Ah, sorry, I misread your post. Yeah, it was.

I guess Gen V's quotes could go on that page.

Shouldn't we have a section on the first episode's page about the remastered version of it that played on Pokémon Smash! on April 1, 2012? The remaster only has a passing mention. It could also have its own page, considering that it's the only remaster of an episode in the anime.
I can provide screenshots of any scene in EP001 HD.

Shouldn't we have a section on the first episode's page about the remastered version of it that played on Pokémon Smash! on April 1, 2012? The remaster only has a passing mention. It could also have its own page, considering that it's the only remaster of an episode in the anime.
I can provide screenshots of any scene in EP001 HD.

I don't think it would deserve a separate article. It would have the same content. Also, it's not the only anime episode to be remastered: Holiday Hi-Jynx! was too, and all the Jynx were edited purple (Japanese Episode 065). Also all the old movies have been remastered too, but giving them separate articles would be ridiculous.

If you want to add a more detailed section on the remastering to the page though, go for it.

I don't think it would deserve a separate article. It would have the same content. Also, it's not the only anime episode to be remastered: Holiday Hi-Jynx! was too, and all the Jynx were edited purple (Japanese Episode 065). Also all the old movies have been remastered too, but giving them separate articles would be ridiculous.
If you want to add a more detailed section on the remastering to the page though, go for it.
I agree, a section on EP001 is best.
That's not remastering. A remaster is quality enhancement. Making Jynx purple because of some mistaken racism doesn't fit that description. What about dub edits? Does Morrison's "sandwich" make his episodes remastered?
That's why I specified episode.
If I wanted to upload comparison photos of the original and remaster, how many would be okay? This article has the most info on the remaster, and has comparison shots as well.

That's not remastering. A remaster is quality enhancement. Making Jynx purple because of some mistaken racism doesn't fit that description. What about dub edits? Does Morrison's "sandwich" make his episodes remastered?
That's why I specified episode.
No, it was remastered AND they recolored Jynx. You can remaster something and simultaneously edit it.

If I wanted to upload comparison photos of the original and remaster, how many would be okay? This article has the most info on the remaster, and has comparison shots as well.
Please read the bottom of that page
©2002-2013 PocketMonsters.net
Pokémon, all assorted characters, images and audio are ©Game Freak, Nintendo, and the Pokémon Company. All images, text and audio are used in an editorial context. No site content, information, translations, news, images or otherwise may be reposted to any website without expression permission from the staff.
While they don't have as much legal right to their content as that implies due to being a derivative work (and screenshots are owned only by whoever made the original work, not who took them), we do respect other site's wishes. If you want to use PocketMonsters.net's images or content you're going to have to specifically ask them.

While they don't have as much legal right to their content as that implies due to being a derivative work (and screenshots are owned only by whoever made the original work, not who took them), we do respect other site's wishes. If you want to use PocketMonsters.net's images or content you're going to have to specifically ask them.
Not what I meant. I have the video. I can make screenshots myself in the remaster's native 720p resolution.
I can also confirm all of the animation changes that can only be seen in video form, like a more rapid flicker when Pikachu shocks people. So, back to my question... Screenshots: Yea or Nay?

Back
Top Bottom