• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

1. In response to the change in the five main region color templates, I would like to request permission to create of a Ransei color series, based on the three non-template hex colors used on the [bp]Pokémon Conquest[/bp] page. I'm requesting this because I don't think the new [BP=Template:Unova color]Unova colors[/bp] suit [bp]Ransei[/bp] very much.

Ransei color: cdbc6c
Ransei color light: f9e586
Ransei color dark: cdbc6c

Failing that, I propose that the color scheme of Ransei be changed to "Arceus" because of the region's tie to the Pokémon, and the kingdoms that represent each type (save for Fairy).

2. On that subject, should Arceus receive a Fairy-type plate, I suggest the current Arceus color templates be moved to "Arceus17" for use in pages such as [bp]Arceus (M12)[/bp] to reflect that the Fairy type did not exist in Generation IV and V, as well as the spin-off material related to those Generations. The original "Arceus" color templates would then be updated to include Fairy types.

@SnorlaxMonster Here are a few of them...

~Slyveon Party Sprite View attachment 89778

~Clauncher Party Sprite View attachment 89779

~Pancham Party Sprite View attachment 89780

~Inkay Party Sprite View attachment 89781

Hey, it's a bit confusing for everyone when you PM me half of the message and post the other half. In future please only do one or the other.

Anyway, we don't want to upload those yet, as they come from JPGs, which have lossy compression.

@SnorlaxMonster Here are a few of them...

~Slyveon Party Sprite View attachment 89778

~Clauncher Party Sprite View attachment 89779

~Pancham Party Sprite View attachment 89780

~Inkay Party Sprite View attachment 89781

Hey, it's a bit confusing for everyone when you PM me half of the message and post the other half. In future please only do one or the other.

Anyway, we don't want to upload those yet, as they come from JPGs, which have lossy compression.

My apologies. The only reason I didn't post the rest of it on the Private Message was because I couldn't upload the images of the Party Sprites on the said Private Message.

Either way though thank you for the reply :)

Now that the Biology sections are being updated (Need to come out and help but I've been either babysitting or other stuff) it means that the animé sections of the Pokémon articles are looking iffy due to the images being pushed down etc. So I thought what about a slight reshuffle? Put the In the anime, manga and tcg sections below the full game information? Unless when the infobox is updated it all reshuffles everything a bit.

Also, just putting it out there that I'll be happy to help out when the inevitable lock of bulbapedia and the archives occurs for XY. I know you probably already have people in place and everything but if you need a bit more help, I'll be more than happy to help (that's if you think I'm worthy to haha) on either side of the archives or bulbapedia.

When playing Colosseum, I needed to grind some Experience. I looked up on this page to see where the Lucky Egg was, until I found out it is unobtainable in Colosseum, only in XD. By curiosity, I looked through the different locations of the Exp. Share, and I found out it isn't explained where it is in Colosseum.

This is where it is in Pokémon Colosseum : in a Pokéball chest in Agate Village, where the path to get to it is located behind Eagun & Beluh's treehouse. The chest can be easily seen.

When playing Colosseum, I needed to grind some Experience. I looked up on this page to see where the Lucky Egg was, until I found out it is unobtainable in Colosseum, only in XD. By curiosity, I looked through the different locations of the Exp. Share, and I found out it isn't explained where it is in Colosseum.

This is where it is in Pokémon Colosseum : in a Pokéball chest in Agate Village, where the path to get to it is located behind Eagun & Beluh's treehouse. The chest can be easily seen.

Thanks for the heads up, the location was noted on the Agate Village article but not the EXP item article. I've added the location to the item article.

One other thing : in the Pyrite Cave in Colosseum, Bandana Guy Noxy/Noxie's team in the post-ending has a Lotad with the Fake Out move, which is normally impossible for it to learn by any means. I thought it'd be a good information to give out.

I was thinking of changing the color schemes for the infoboxes for [bp]Shauna[/bp], [bp]Tierno[/bp], and [bp]Trevor[/bp]. Since X and Y are shaping up to have four "rivals", I think it would be confusing/uncreative to have Calem/Tierno/Trevor and Serena/Shauna to have the same colors. I was considering the following color templates.

Serena:
Code:
color={{psychic color}} |
corecolor={{thlon color}} |
bordercolor={{black color dark}} |

Tierno:
Code:
color={{black color}} |
corecolor={{orange color light}} |
bordercolor={{ice color dark}} |

Trevor:
Code:
color={{Castle color light}} |
corecolor={{green color}} |
bordercolor={{orange color dark}} |

The colors seem a little clashing to me, though. I would like to know everyone thinks. Is this another of those "wait and see" things?

I may have caught a typo on Iron Fist's page :

"Iron Fist (Japanese: てつのこぶし Iron Fist) is an Ability introduced in Generation IV. Eleven Pokémon can have this Ability. Prior to Generation IV, it was the signature Ability of Hitmonchan."

Should it say "Prior to Generation V" instead of IV ?

I may have caught a typo on Iron Fist's page :

"Iron Fist (Japanese: てつのこぶし Iron Fist) is an Ability introduced in Generation IV. Eleven Pokémon can have this Ability. Prior to Generation IV, it was the signature Ability of Hitmonchan."

Should it say "Prior to Generation V" instead of IV ?

Fixed. It should have said Generation V.

There's also one thing which I don't know if that is considered as missing information : on the list of famous non-Pokémon roles played by Nobuyuki Hiyama (known for his roles as Tower Tycoon Palmer, Factory Head Noland and Attila of Team Rocket), his roles as Bass (Forte in japanese) from "Mega Man 8", "Mega Man Battle & Chase", "Mega Man : The Power Battles" and "Mega Man 2 : Power Fighters" are not listed. I'm not sure if these counts are missing informations, as there are already a good bit of famous non-Pokémon roles listed.

EDIT: This was recently fixed

The new X and Y ability for Mega Charizard X, Tough Claws, article randomly calls itself Mega Launcher when listing Pokemon that have the ability. Though it still names Charizard and the other parts of the effect are right, the title for Pokemon that have it refers to Mega Blastoise's ability
Tough Claws (Ability) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Last edited:
I have found some wrong info on Duplica's page. It's about her voice actor in Brazilian Portuguese. On that page, it's written she was voiced by two actors (in two different episodes), but the voice actor was really the same one.
Since there is no official media to confirm that information, it's kinda hard to prove that, but few sites can do it. A lot of Brazilian fansites list the two voice actors for Duplica, though. Some fansite must have written this wrong information, so the others have copied (it's usual, and the person who added on Bulbapedia must have used that information without actually seeing the episodes).
Nevertheless, if you watch the two episodes, it's obvious it's the same voice in both. Duplica's voice actor has a pretty singular voice, she voiced a lot of famous anime characters, it's quite impossible to mistake her voice for someone else's. Moreover, her voice is very different from the other listed voice actor's voice.
What do I have to do to get that info corrected?

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Outbreaks

The pokemon listing of each location that has an outbreak (for Black 2/White 2) lists the outbreak percentage as 40%. That percentage is not listed anywhere in the Black 2/White 2 subsection of the main Pokémon Outbreak article. Also not listed is how the outbreak affects the percentages of the other pokemon appearances, i.e. what I call the swarm/outbreak mechanics.

Officer Jenny's Growlithe used Flamethrower in the Cilan and Brock episode special so that should be marked as a recent move in the Officer Jenny's Growlithe article. Also, the Gyarados from said episode used Outrage (eyes glowed red, red aura surrounded it, and went on rampage) so that should be added in the Outrage page.

Back
Top Bottom