• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Officer Jenny's Growlithe used Flamethrower in the Cilan and Brock episode special so that should be marked as a recent move in the Officer Jenny's Growlithe article. Also, the Gyarados from said episode used Outrage (eyes glowed red, red aura surrounded it, and went on rampage) so that should be added in the Outrage page.

This has been left out. I don't have any admin powers on the Bulbapedia side to change it myself during the lockdown.

Looks like that besides the new special change of the numbering of the Kalos dex having three special sections going to affect the regional numbering for the Kalos Pokemon on the National Pokedex list page but also the trivia point one the New Unova Pokedex listing has got to go since the Kalos dex now outranks it in the largest number of Pokemon. For the National Pokedex page I was thinking that while their official Kalos numbering be used, wikicode could be used too to identify which of the three Pokedex listings it comes from.

While I may not be able to help during the lockdown, I would at least like to make this suggestion.

New here, and would like to contribute my findings.

In Gen VI, the new maximum EV for individual stats is 252 (down from 255). The total maximum is still 510. The effort value page needs to be updated to reflect this.

Regarding type effectiveness on Pokemon pages, may I suggest that the Generation V ones be kept, linked to the same way previous generation move sets are? Quite a lot of Pokemon have had their type effectiveness changed due to the new buffs and the addition of Fairy.

I'm not sure if Pokemon origins are also being edited during the lockdown, but I have a bit of a suggestion.

Bunnelby's origin reads that it could either be based on a rabbit or a hare. While rabbits and hares are very similar to each other, they're actually quite different. Notably, while rabbits dig and live underground in burrows and tunnels, hares actually live in nests above ground. Since Bunnelby's key trait is obviously of digging, I find it much more likely that it was based on a rabbit specifically and doesn't really have anything to do with hares. Perhaps this could be edited?

I'm not sure where to put this, but I've typed out all of the lyrics for the latest opening song of the XY anime. I'm not sure on the title, but here are the lyrics. I'm not sure when editing will be open again or when the page for this opening will be made, so I thought I'd leave them here for now.

ドラゴン ゴースト じめん ひこう
どく むし みず でんき いわ くさ あく
こおり ノーマル ほのう かくとう
はがね エスパー フェアリー
さぁ ここからが冒険だ 光の先の果てまで
空からこぼれた 涙の雨かき分けて
さぁ 勇気出して行こうか 昨日の僕に勝つため
どんな出会いも宝だ
ドキ ドキ ドキ チャレンジャー
いつか必ず 叶える夢がある
君が教えてくれたのさ そう だきらこう旅に出る
赤い絆の輪が デカく広がったら
確かな事 元気もすぐ みんなに届くのさ
青い僕らの星の希望は輝いて
黄色い花がさく
ドラゴン ゴースト じめん ひこう
どく むし みず でんき いわ くさ あく
こおり ノーマル ほのう かくとう
はがね エスパー フェアリー

I had a brief look at the Dark type and the Ghost type pages in the wiki and I think an update underneath the defensive on both pages is required regarding the new Fairy type.

Additionally, Pokémon that are both Dark-type and Ghost-type have no weaknesses to any moves of any type (excluding Fighting-type moves used under immunity-negating conditions such as Ring Target or Scrappy), as the resistances of the Dark type cover the weaknesses of Ghost, and vice-versa.

The weaknesses of the Ghost type are covered by the resistances of the Dark type, and vice-versa, so their combination, seen in the Pokémon Sableye and Spiritomb, has no weaknesses. However, this does not make for a perfect Pokémon. There is always the possibility for the immunities of the Ghost- and Dark types to be removed via certain moves, such as Foresight, Odor Sleuth, and Miracle Eye, creating a weakness, or neutrality in the case of the latter. The lack of weaknesses is also offset by the lack of any resistances beyond resisting Poison (an uncommon type offensively) and the three immunities to Psychic, Fighting and Normal (which can be removed, as mentioned above).

Why not say that up until the Fairy type were introduced, any Pokémon with Ghost/Dark type combination had no actual weakness?

Can someone edit the Pokémon Controversy article and say that PETA has a new fake game called "Pokémon Red White and Blue"? And also it was introduced a few days before the release of Pokémon X and Y and that it features Nintendo's "association" with McDonald's.

It's nice to see the egg group pages to feature the Gen VI mons, but the Fairy egg group page has a bad case of the copy-paste. Flabébé and its evolutionary family are Fairy, not Electric or Normal, last time I checked. That is, unless if those flowers they wield have electric powers that we don't know about...

Edit: I see it's fixed now. Thanks!

Last edited:
I just encountered a Level 8 Furfrou in Kalos Route 5. Could someone edit that section under where it says Pokémon and change Levels 9-10 to levels 8-10? Thank you.

I just encountered a Level 8 Furfrou in Kalos Route 5. Could someone edit the article and change 9-10 to 8-10 under the Levels field for Furfrou. I don't have editing rights for that article.

How does Bulbapedia determine percentage changes of running into Pokemon on different routes? If there isn't a formal system in place, I have a suggestion:

Have a large group of people keep a tally of how many Pokemon they run into on which route and in which game. These numbers are totaled for each route and version, and once there are hundreds or thousands of results, the ratios will be reasonably close to the real percentage chances.

For example, I could submit:

Route 22, X
Combee - 5
Ralts - 1
Skitty - 1
Flabebe - 6
Ledyba - 3

Eventually with enough people submitting, we'd have the accurate ratios. Hell if a poll could be reworked to increment instead of choose, there's a system right there.

Or is this completely pointless and a published official guide from Nintendo will have the ratios anyway?

Big Stadium and Small Court - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

That "Trainer schedule" does not need that much color. It's just confusing and even hard to read in some places. You can keep the colors on the day of the week cells, but all the colors on the sport/time cells should be removed.

If you want, maybe you could make each column one color so that it's easy to tell that each cell in the column is for the same day; that would be a useful application of color. (By contrast, right now, the second big interrupting cell, "Sports schedule and event hours for Small Court (UTC):", makes the last two rows of cells look more like a separate table than continguous with the above columns.)

...Also, the "(UTC)" bit should be completely unnecessary (unless you want to put it in the "Today is [...]" cell). There are no time zones, it's just whatever the time is in your game. And rather than "Trainer schedule", it should really be something like "Event schedule" (or maybe "Game schedule").

And by the way, a suggestion that can also be analized by the staff: I think I have a solution, that still hasn't been discussed, for the $1 page. Will it be possible for us to get rid of it on the lists of the wanted pages and of the actual articles if we redirect the dollar to the main page?

That could work, but unlike the current setup, it doesn't make it clear why it exists. I think it is an inferior solution.

What do you mean?

I have suggestion for the picture thumbnails of XY001 and XY002, since I find the current ones less than satisfactory, especially XY002's.

XY001:
2hg47ib.png

XY002:
2vxow35.png

And by the way, a suggestion that can also be analized by the staff: I think I have a solution, that still hasn't been discussed, for the $1 page. Will it be possible for us to get rid of it on the lists of the wanted pages and of the actual articles if we redirect the dollar to the main page?

That could work, but unlike the current setup, it doesn't make it clear why it exists. I think it is an inferior solution.

What do you mean?
The page [bp]$1[/bp] explains why it exists. If it is redirected to the main page, there is no explanation.

The page [bp]$1[/bp] explains why it exists. If it is redirected to the main page, there is no explanation.
Why would a normal person be interested on that page?
In other words: For someone to come across it it would be needed to see the mediawiki stuff. And even if that happened, I think no one would really care, as it's just coding stuff that has got nothing to do with the normal Bulbapedia experience. And even if that was the case, a simple answer could be provided (what's the problem?).

Is it really worth to keep a lie on our statistics just because of that... overzealous... thing?

Why would a normal person be interested on that page?
In other words: For someone to come across it it would be needed to see the mediawiki stuff. And even if that happened, I think no one would really care, as it's just coding stuff that has got nothing to do with the normal Bulbapedia experience. And even if that was the case, a simple answer could be provided (what's the problem?).

Is it really worth to keep a lie on our statistics just because of that... overzealous... thing?

To be fair, our statistics are extremely skewed already because of various other issues. I don't really consider that an argument...

As a compromise between the "we need an explanation for it" people and the "it shouldn't show up in the article count" people, why not just move [bp]$1[/bp] to [bp]Bulbapedia:$1[/bp]? A redirect pointing to a project space page should have no affect on the article count.

Back
Top Bottom