• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Big Stadium and Small Court - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

That "trainer schedule" has way too many colors for no good reason. All those colors on the sports/times are just confusing and distracting and even somewhat hard to read. All the colors on the sports/times should be removed. If you want, perhaps you could make each column all one color (based on the current color of the day cell) so that it's easier to see that it is one whole column. That would be useful color coding. Right now, the second set of sports/time cells looks more like a separate table (with no obvious header) than like a continuation of the column started at the top of the table.

The Moveanime template needs to be modified to show a fifth image since many moves that appeared in every series, such as Hyper Beam, will not show the move being used in the XY series. Instead, it will only show the animations of the move in the previous four series.

Giga Impact (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Giga Impact's page doesn't mention Throh, Sawk, Heatmor, Bouffalant and Durant's compatibility with Giga Impact.

Edit: I know that nobody listens this, but Serebii mentions that Watchog's EV spread has been changed to 2 EVs in B2/W2. Also, none of the errors I listed back on page 157 were fixed, should I have a long and specific list detailing every error at a later date, try to figure out the wiki's editing mechanicsms and hope I won't mess anything, or should I suggest a different thread for small mistakes instead of this one?

Last edited:
I have the Pokédex entries for the gastly evolution family from Pokémon X:
Gastly- Its body is made of gas. Despite lacking substance, it can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation.
Haunter- If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there.
Gengar- It hides in shadows. it is said that if Gengar is hiding, it coold the area by nearly 10° Fahrenheit.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

I've got the Pokédex entries for Gastly's evolution family in Pokémon X if i could edit their pages.

Hey guys, the editing restrictions for the general wiki has been lifted but not the archives. When will the editing restrictions on the archives be lifted?

Hello, people. I just want to know if there are any plans to get "sprites" (I know these are 3D models) for the Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. To be honest, I'm not liking the idea of artwork being used in the "Party" template for characters in the newer games, since it's inconsistent with characters from previous generations, and it's entirely possible to get screenshots of the Pokémon for X and Y from either the in-game summary or Pokédex entries (just like menusprites as well).

Hello, people. I just want to know if there are any plans to get "sprites" (I know these are 3D models) for the Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. To be honest, I'm not liking the idea of artwork being used in the "Party" template for characters in the newer games, since it's inconsistent with characters from previous generations, and it's entirely possible to get screenshots of the Pokémon for X and Y from either the in-game summary or Pokédex entries (just like menusprites as well).

But isn't the problem that we can't get direct images from the game other than a capture card which is very expensive and I'm pretty sure illegal? There are sites that have direct screenshots and screenshots of models but most of them won't allow the use of their images.

But isn't the problem that we can't get direct images from the game other than a capture card which is very expensive and I'm pretty sure illegal? There are sites that have direct screenshots and screenshots of models but most of them won't allow the use of their images.

^Hit the problem right on the head, it's not that we don't want to, but we don't have the technology to get that stuff.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but since I do find this a little note-worthy, the Pokemon-Amie page mentions that it is a way of raising friendship, but I noticed while testing this out on an Eevee that this was not the case. I maxed out an Eevee's full 5 hearts, then leveled up during the night (it did not know a Fairy move, so the possibility of Sylveon was eliminated), and found that it still did not evolve into an Umbreon. Thus it would appear that Pokemon-Amie does not actually raise friendship, and that friendship and 'Affection' are completely separate things.

The Pokemon-Amie page mentions both friendship and Affection inter-changeably. I don't think there are any other articles that use them synonymously, though it appears that these two things may need some kind of distinction between them. They're easy to confuse.

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Is it ok to put Friend Safari as a location in the "Game Location" section of Pokémon pages? I wasn't sure how the admins wanted to handle Friend Safari since it differs people to people.

The new Pokémon Infobox seems to be handling Flabébé's forms poorly. I typed in the following:

Code:
forme=5 |
forme1=Red flower |
forme2=Blue flower |
forme3=Yellow flower |
forme4=White flower |
forme5=Orange flower |
image=669Flabébé-Red.png |
image2=669Flabébé Blue Flower Dream.png |
image3=669Flabébé Yellow Flower Dream.png |
image4=669Flabébé White Flower Dream.png |
image5=669Flabébé Orange Flower Dream.png |

And I'm getting this:

Capture.PNG

A lot of the Unova locations are missing a full map. I can understand if getting maps isn't entirely straightforward because of the perspective... But there are a few locations that have great maps. Why are there only a few of those? If I wanted to provide good, high quality maps like on Route 17, Accumula Town, and Mistralton Cave for all of the Unova locations, what would I need to do? Does anyone here know? Or maybe I'd do better to ask somewhere more technically inclined...?

As an alternative, I wonder whether it might be acceptable (in some cases) to just use a GIF of a player running around a location as a map. For simpler locations, I think that would be pretty serviceable.

Well, I will try again. There's wrong information on this page:
Duplica - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
It says Duplica's Brazilian voice actors are Marisol Ribeiro and Letícia Quinto, but only Letícia Quinto voiced Duplica in both episodes indeed. You can confirm that information here: Pokemon Universo: Elenco de Dublagem
Someone can argue it's a fansite, not an official media, but I am sure that the person who added Marisol Ribero has used a fansite too, since there is no official media to confirm that information, Marisol Ribeiro never voiced Duplica and most of Brazilian fansites really copy information (even if it's wrong) from other fansites.
I could fix it by myself, but I didn't find any way to do it on the page, so I need someone to fix it. I could also prove it's Letícia Quinto with episode videos (it would be better if there was someone who understands Brazilian Portuguese to help). Her voice is very easy to identify, since she voiced a lot of famous anime characters in Brazil.
I am just trying to help. If this is not the right place to do it, please tell me where I should post it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom