• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I was working on the Pokémon Seek & Find article and I wanted to add a picture of the gameplay, but the archives are still locked. I've attached the picture below. This is the summary I intended to enter: Screenshot of Level 3 of Pokémon Seek & Find, after having found the first Pokémon. Game played at https://lbgdev.biz/Games/LBG_Pokemon_Seek_and_Find.swf . Would someone be kind enough to upload it for me? (I've already got the page expecting the image, it just needs to be uploaded.)

Attachments

• Pokemon_Seek_Lv3.jpg
    Pokemon_Seek_Lv3.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 187
Okay, probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to change the 'target' section of the attack 'Parabolic Charge'. I can't figure out how to change it from its default 'hits no target' to the proper 'hits all adjacent targets'. Can someone help me out here? I'd like to know for future use, too....

There're a number of red link romanization templates. They appear to be because you can't tell how their name is supposed to be read. Can I just put best guesses for those, maybe actually throwing a "?" in the name, and give all those cases a category for uncertain romanizations? (And then put that category under something like "Articles needing more information". That's where "Characters with an ambiguous English name spelling" is, too.)

Just a small typo I noticed:

In the Lumiose Gym page, one of the Poké Fan's name is Lydia, but I just battled that person and the game said her name was "Lydie".

chespin.png For the Kalos Pokemon sprites, instead of using the official artwork, how about using images like the one I posted to this message? It would help in not causing the pictures to bloat up (like the current roster for opponents' teams of Kalos).

Here's a source which says that Letícia Quinto was Duplica's voice actor in Brazilian Portuguese. There's no Marisol Ribeiro in the cast.
Pokemon Universo: Elenco de Dublagem.
Fixed.

The pokemon listing of each location that has an outbreak (for Black 2/White 2) lists the outbreak percentage as 40%.
I added the encounter rate to Pokémon outbreak.

Giga Impact's page doesn't mention Throh, Sawk, Heatmor, Bouffalant and Durant's compatibility with Giga Impact.
Serebii mentions that Watchog's EV spread has been changed to 2 EVs in B2/W2.
Fixed, though there must be more Pokémon from Gen V/VI that can learn it.
Which 2 EVs? Going from 1 Attack to 2, or more likely, 1 Attack and 1 Speed?

1)Silcoon and Dustox don't have a notifier when they are available in Bug-Catching Contest in their own pages(it's Thursday). They also state their encounter rate is unknown even though it is present in the Bug-Catching Contest page.
3)A lot of movesets need to be checked for errors and some of the forgotten moves from the TCG, manga and animé they can't learn legally. One of these on my head is Mr. Mime having Dig in its Gen III learnset(though I haven't checked it myself in a cartridge, it is not mentioned in other websites' dexes and the Dig's own page) and Trapinch using Bind in EX Dragon 79 not being mentioned by the TCG errors or the Trapinch's page.
4)Azumarill's page states that it can be found in both rustling grass and rippling water in Abundant Shrine. This is only true for White 2 according to Abundant Shrine's page, as Audino has an increased encounter rate in Black 2 instead.
5)A lot of Pokémon that appear through phenomenons have very inconsistent mentions in their game locations. Some just say they are rare and some say they can be found in rippling water without mentioning it is through surfing or fishing and so on.
6)A lot of Pokémon that can learn Defog don't have DPPt notifier in their Gen IV learnsets, such as Fearow.
7)It seems that there are inaccuracies in the Dual-slot page, for example in Route 205 it states that Seedot appears in Platinum instead of Lotad in Diamond/Pearl, but Lotad is mentioned for Route 205 for all of the D/P/Pt and Seedot is mentioned for neither.
8)Though version exclusives page mention wild exclusives for B/W/B2/W2, the other games' wild exclusives such as Banette/Dusclops are not noted for.
9)Matutinal, nocturnal and diurnal Pokémon pages are already described as stubs, but they really need a major cleanup, especially a distinction between Pokémon that are only active in a specific time of day and the ones that are also active in another time of day, as oppossed to having this confusing set-up that features Pokémon that are active in one time only and the ones that are active in two different periods in the same section.
10)Metronome's page states that Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff can learn Metronome even though other websites dexes and their own page state the opposite, but again I haven't checked this in the games.
11)Hidden grotto page and routes that contain them just use Rare, Uncommon etc. instead of proper percantages. Event-only encounters such as the Eeveelutions and the new pack of Pokémon that contain Dragonair, Magneton etc. are not noted for either. Is there a specific reason why this is the case?
12)List of Pokémon with unique type combinations don't have options to order the list according to dex number, types etc. It is completely static.
1. Fixed
11. I agree with you completely. While fixing #1, I had to look at other Pokémon's articles to see what percentages qualified as Rare, Uncommon, and Common. That's stupid and we should feel stupid for not just putting percentages in the first place.
I can't help with your other points, but I'm quoting them all to raise awareness.

Okay, probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to change the 'target' section of the attack 'Parabolic Charge'. I can't figure out how to change it from its default 'hits no target' to the proper 'hits all adjacent targets'. Can someone help me out here? I'd like to know for future use, too....
When editing the infobox, make sure it says
target=alladjacent |
For other targets, use
target=adjacentally |
target=adjacentfoes |
target=all |
target=any|
target=anyadjacent |
target=foes|
target=self |
target=team |

View attachment 91389For the Kalos Pokemon sprites, instead of using the official artwork, how about using images like the one I posted to this message? It would help in not causing the pictures to bloat up (like the current roster for opponents' teams of Kalos).
Admins, please approve this. Let the userbase provide the images. What are you gonna do, not have the 3D models of Pokémon on their pages?

And now, a question from me. I recently found some move articles with irregular infoboxes. This one, for example, had 3 entries without a space before the |. What's the policy on this? The space doesn't change what the box looks like, so it just seems like a cosmetic feature of editing. Why are they there, and sometimes not?

Lastly, what's correct as a noun: Ghost types or Ghost-types? SnorlaxMonster, we've discussed this, but what about this image?
1102130602.jpg

Last edited:
There are two typos in the 'List of Brazilian Portuguese Pokémon themes' page, in the music Sou Invencível (Movie version) . It says "E verá que ser advertido
Você vai perder, antes de ser partido", but it should be "E verá que será divertido
Você vai perder, antes de ter partido

A friend and I have compiled a list of trainer quotes from the English Pokémon Stadium 2's Gym Leader Castle and Rival Battle (Round 1, currently, not sure if there are changes to the quotes in Round 2). The only trouble is I don't know where to post this! It'd be fine to just list it under Stadium 2 (EN), but then I run into gym leader quotes and so forth. Would this be better as a new subsection under "Quotes" of said gym leaders, etc, denoting that it is from Stadium 2? Much like the how the quotes differ between Pokémon Gold and Silver and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver?

There's tons of unique quotes in Stadium 2 depending on the trigger; certain moves, critical hits, status ailments, as well as multiple prematch, winning and losing lines, it has taken a great deal of time recording all this. My friend and I are simply playing straight from our N64 system with our games- doing basic trial-and-error battling while occasionally pausing the television monitor to record the dialogue. We tried to be as accurate as possible but it may be easier if someone skilled in coding could try and access the game’s script.

What we have thus far: Falkner’s Gym through Clair’s Gym. Bulbagarden members, you’re more than welcome to help: we want Pokémon Trainers who are willing to win AND lose each match.

Semi-unrelated: I noticed when we battled Rival (Game Character: Silver) in Round 1 his pokémon are at level 50 by default, not level 100. They can be falsely raised to 100 by being equal to your highest level Pokémon (from a game pak) if said Pokémon is above level 50. Rentals for this match are also level 50. This was confirmed in my own playthrough as well as Versus Books' Pokémon Stadium 2 Perfect Guide. If anyone has any contrary evidence, please post.

The text dump is attached.
View attachment Pokemon Stadium 2 Trainer QuotesEN.txt

Last edited:
Just wondered, it's a small thing but it's bugging me haha. The fact that the EV-enhancing items are these

HP:
Bag_Power_Weight_Sprite.png

Attack:
Bag_Power_Bracer_Sprite.png

Defense:
Bag_Power_Belt_Sprite.png

Speed:
Bag_Power_Anklet_Sprite.png

Sp. Atk:
Bag_Power_Lens_Sprite.png

Sp. Def:
Bag_Power_Band_Sprite.png

Yet the Template:[Name] color light templates for all the EVs are different to the items. Like I said, it's nothing big, but wouldn't it be better to have the same colors as the items.

- "Template:HP color" for Attack
- "Template:Attack color" for Defense
- "Template:Defense color" for Sp. Def
- "Template:Speed color" for Sp. Atk
- "Template:Sp. Atk color" for Speed
- "Template:Sp. Def color" for HP

So that the colors match the items.

Going off of what I said before, for the icons for Generation VI Pokemon, wouldn't it be better if, rather than what we have now (I don't even know what they are) can't we use icons like these: chespin icon.png ?

There're a number of red link romanization templates. They appear to be because you can't tell how their name is supposed to be read. Can I just put best guesses for those, maybe actually throwing a "?" in the name, and give all those cases a category for uncertain romanizations? (And then put that category under something like "Articles needing more information". That's where "Characters with an ambiguous English name spelling" is, too.)

We'd rather you didn't as then you aren't really improving the situation at all, just making it worst by making assumptions or making it harder to find those that are missing.

View attachment 91389For the Kalos Pokemon sprites, instead of using the official artwork, how about using images like the one I posted to this message? It would help in not causing the pictures to bloat up (like the current roster for opponents' teams of Kalos).
Going off of what I said before, for the icons for Generation VI Pokemon, wouldn't it be better if, rather than what we have now (I don't even know what they are) can't we use icons like these: View attachment 91564?

Where did you get that image, if it's custom made then no, if you took it from another website then no, that's theft.

Posted this incorrectly on the ARCHIVE version of this thread. Oops:

So...
1)Silcoon and Dustox don't have a notifier when they are available in Bug-Catching Contest in their own pages(it's Thursday). They also state their encounter rate is unknown even though it is present in the Bug-Catching Contest page.
2)The total encounter rate in Route 222 for Pearl is %120. This error was also present on Serebii but it is fixed now.
3)A lot of movesets need to be checked for errors and some of the forgotten moves from the TCG, manga and animé they can't learn legally. One of these on my head is Mr. Mime having Dig in its Gen III learnset(though I haven't checked it myself in a cartridge, it is not mentioned in other websites' dexes and the Dig's own page) and Trapinch using Bind in EX Dragon 79 not being mentioned by the TCG errors or the Trapinch's page.
4)Azumarill's page states that it can be found in both rustling grass and rippling water in Abundant Shrine. This is only true for White 2 according to Abundant Shrine's page, as Audino has an increased encounter rate in Black 2 instead.
5)A lot of Pokémon that appear through phenomenons have very inconsistent mentions in their game locations. Some just say they are rare and some say they can be found in rippling water without mentioning it is through surfing or fishing and so on.
6)A lot of Pokémon that can learn Defog don't have DPPt notifier in their Gen IV learnsets, such as Fearow.
7)It seems that there are inaccuracies in the Dual-slot page, for example in Route 205 it states that Seedot appears in Platinum instead of Lotad in Diamond/Pearl, but Lotad is mentioned for Route 205 for all of the D/P/Pt and Seedot is mentioned for neither.
8)Though version exclusives page mention wild exclusives for B/W/B2/W2, the other games' wild exclusives such as Banette/Dusclops are not noted for.
9)Matutinal, nocturnal and diurnal Pokémon pages are already described as stubs, but they really need a major cleanup, especially a distinction between Pokémon that are only active in a specific time of day and the ones that are also active in another time of day, as oppossed to having this confusing set-up that features Pokémon that are active in one time only and the ones that are active in two different periods in the same section.
10)Metronome's page states that Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff can learn Metronome even though other websites dexes and their own page state the opposite, but again I haven't checked this in the games.
11)Hidden grotto page and routes that contain them just use Rare, Uncommon etc. instead of proper percantages. Event-only encounters such as the Eeveelutions and the new pack of Pokémon that contain Dragonair, Magneton etc. are not noted for either. Is there a specific reason why this is the case?
12)List of Pokémon with unique type combinations don't have options to order the list according to dex number, types etc. It is completely static.

A lot of these are things you could have easily fixed yourself with an account on the pedia, as for the locations, the template is currently being worked upon to try and improve it, however given the current updating of X and Y this could take a while, another staff member may be able to help, same with some of the other issues.

A friend and I have compiled a list of trainer quotes from the English Pokémon Stadium 2's Gym Leader Castle and Rival Battle (Round 1, currently, not sure if there are changes to the quotes in Round 2). The only trouble is I don't know where to post this! It'd be fine to just list it under Stadium 2 (EN), but then I run into gym leader quotes and so forth. Would this be better as a new subsection under "Quotes" of said gym leaders, etc, denoting that it is from Stadium 2? Much like the how the quotes differ between Pokémon Gold and Silver and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver?

There's tons of unique quotes in Stadium 2 depending on the trigger; certain moves, critical hits, status ailments, as well as multiple prematch, winning and losing lines, it has taken a great deal of time recording all this. My friend and I are simply playing straight from our N64 system with our games- doing basic trial-and-error battling while occasionally pausing the television monitor to record the dialogue. We tried to be as accurate as possible but it may be easier if someone skilled in coding could try and access the game’s script.

What we have thus far: Falkner’s Gym through Clair’s Gym. Bulbagarden members, you’re more than welcome to help: we want Pokémon Trainers who are willing to win AND lose each match.

Semi-unrelated: I noticed when we battled Rival (Game Character: Silver) in Round 1 his pokémon are at level 50 by default, not level 100. They can be falsely raised to 100 by being equal to your highest level Pokémon (from a game pak) if said Pokémon is above level 50. Rentals for this match are also level 50. This was confirmed in my own playthrough as well as Versus Books' Pokémon Stadium 2 Perfect Guide. If anyone has any contrary evidence, please post.

The text dump is attached.
View attachment 91523

Just letting you know staff have seen this and awesome work, currently bogged down with X and Y stuff atm, but keep it up.

Just wondered, it's a small thing but it's bugging me haha. The fact that the EV-enhancing items are these

HP:
Bag_Power_Weight_Sprite.png

Attack:
Bag_Power_Bracer_Sprite.png

Defense:
Bag_Power_Belt_Sprite.png

Speed:
Bag_Power_Anklet_Sprite.png

Sp. Atk:
Bag_Power_Lens_Sprite.png

Sp. Def:
Bag_Power_Band_Sprite.png

Yet the Template:[Name] color light templates for all the EVs are different to the items. Like I said, it's nothing big, but wouldn't it be better to have the same colors as the items.

- "Template:HP color" for Attack
- "Template:Attack color" for Defense
- "Template:Defense color" for Sp. Def
- "Template:Speed color" for Sp. Atk
- "Template:Sp. Atk color" for Speed
- "Template:Sp. Def color" for HP

So that the colors match the items.

Short answer, I don't know, long answer, I still don't know but will get another staff member to look into it.

We'd rather you didn't as then you aren't really improving the situation at all, just making it worst by making assumptions or making it harder to find those that are missing.

...How would it be easier to find random red links than it would be to find a bunch of names in a category like "Uncertain Romanizations"? I'd say that much would be a slight improvement.

As for making assumptions, I would count it better for the average user of the site - i.e., not an editor (of any stripe or experience), and someone we can expect to be an English speaker and completely unable to read raw Japanese names. And I would consider a mark to denote those names as uncertain sufficient to deter assumptions that that's the absolute right name.

Going off of what I said before, for the icons for Generation VI Pokemon, wouldn't it be better if, rather than what we have now (I don't even know what they are) can't we use icons like these: View attachment 91564?

Where did you get that image, if it's custom made then no, if you took it from another website then no, that's theft.

I used the images that I just posted from Serebii and Marriland, respectively, just to use as examples for my suggestion. I never suggested we steal from other websites, just using examples in order to demonstrate that it's possible to have better images and icons for Generation VI Pokemon than the ones we have now. If those websites can generate those images, then so can Bulbapedia; we just need some people who are good with generating images and computers to provide those images for us (aka, not me, I'm very impaired when it comes to those things).

...How would it be easier to find random red links than it would be to find a bunch of names in a category like "Uncertain Romanizations"? I'd say that much would be a slight improvement.

As for making assumptions, I would count it better for the average user of the site - i.e., not an editor (of any stripe or experience), and someone we can expect to be an English speaker and completely unable to read raw Japanese names. And I would consider a mark to denote those names as uncertain sufficient to deter assumptions that that's the absolute right name.

Random Redlinks because we already have a category that lists all the Wanted templates, as for the names, personally I find it better to have the templates there, if not only cause at least then the raw Japanese name is there for people who can read it. But we'll see what other staff say, or you can bring it up with one of the staff members on the pedia who frequently update those names.

I used the images that I just posted from Serebii and Marriland, respectively, just to use as examples for my suggestion. I never suggested we steal from other websites, just using examples in order to demonstrate that it's possible to have better images and icons for Generation VI Pokemon than the ones we have now. If those websites can generate those images, then so can Bulbapedia; we just need some people who are good with generating images and computers to provide those images for us (aka, not me, I'm very impaired when it comes to those things).

It's a lot more complicated then that unfortunately, whereas in previous generations it was a simple task. We are well aware that the sprites have their own game models and menu sprites, we just can't access them. Getting the images would have been the first thing we'd done if we could, we just don't have the hardware to do it (not to mention the hardware is expensive, especially for a non-profit website).

Random Redlinks because we already have a category that lists all the Wanted templates, as for the names, personally I find it better to have the templates there, if not only cause at least then the raw Japanese name is there for people who can read it. But we'll see what other staff say, or you can bring it up with one of the staff members on the pedia who frequently update those names.
Ohh...I was only aware of the general Wanted Pages category, which has much more dross. It's still just a wash, at best, though.

I'll see sometime if I can perhaps find one of those staff who deals with those names, then.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't seem to add or remove pages from my watchlist by clicking the Watch/Unwatch button on a page. It always comes up with an error message.

Ohh...I was only aware of the general Wanted Pages category, which has much more dross. It's still just a wash, at best, though.

I'll see sometime if I can perhaps find one of those staff who deals with those names, then.

I suggest checking the other romanization templates, and seeing who has created them.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't seem to add or remove pages from my watchlist by clicking the Watch/Unwatch button on a page. It always comes up with an error message.

I can watch and unwatch fine, make sure your browser is up to date, if there is still an issue, post what browser your using and i'll poke one of the techs.

I can watch and unwatch fine, make sure your browser is up to date, if there is still an issue, post what browser your using and i'll poke one of the techs.
This has been happening to me as well. I can still manually delete them from "View and edit watchlist," however. I'm using Comodo Dragon (a variant of Chrome), which self-updates, but this only started about a week or two ago.

This has been happening to me as well. I can still manually delete them from "View and edit watchlist," however. I'm using Comodo Dragon (a variant of Chrome), which self-updates, but this only started about a week or two ago.

Myself and four other staff members tested on a few different browsers. One had an issue on an outdated version of Chrome, otherwise everything tested fine. We try to get all our stuff to work with the three most widely used browsers as best we can (IE, Firefox and Chrome). Unfortunately we can't cater to absolutely everyone. HM, try updating to a current version, as for you Aviator, try insuring that Comodo is up to date.

Back
Top Bottom