• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Can someone update the sugimori arts for Trevenant, Bergmite, Avalugg, and Gourgeist....I click on them and I get this REALLY LQ picture of them >.<

Can someone update the sugimori arts for Trevenant, Bergmite, Avalugg, and Gourgeist....I click on them and I get this REALLY LQ picture of them >.<

I've sent a purge request to the cache for those four files. If they don't appear the same as the current versions on the Archives within 24 hours of this post, let me know.

Someone who knows how to make images of math formulas like this should replace that image with one that has two more factors, "p" and "f" (the former is the same as was in Gen V, for Exp Point Power; the latter I invented for affection), being multiplied in the numerator. This is to update the formula to be able to calculate Gen VI Exp gain. I wasn't able to test "p" (Exp Point Power), but I'm fairly sure that's how it works.

I tried to do a simple edit to Sweet Scent (move)#Outside of battle, and I got this message:
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2

When I tried to do as it suggested and bring the problem to an admin, I got the exact same message when I tried to submit the edit to the user's talk page.

Now, I can also see that there have been absolutely NO edits to Bulbapedia in the last couple hours, which is pretty unusual. (One talk page appears to have been created, but maybe that's a bit different...) Maybe this "filter" is running rampant?

For the record, all I was trying to change on Sweet Scent's page was:
Sweet Scent causes wild Pokémon to appear when used as a [[field move (main series)|field move]], provided there are clear [[weather conditions]] and the player is standing in an area where wild Pokémon would normally appear.
to
Sweet Scent causes wild Pokémon to appear when used as a [[field move (main series)|field move]], provided the player is standing in an area where wild Pokémon would normally appear and (since [[Generation IV]]) there are clear [[weather conditions]].
I can't imagine why that would match a vandalism rule.

I tried to do a simple edit to Sweet Scent (move)#Outside of battle, and I got this message:
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2
I can't imagine why that would match a vandalism rule.
This also happened to me on New Year's Eve. I've never seen it before or since, so I dunno.

@Tiddlywinks; That filter was being modified on January 12 to combat a serial vandal, and the changes resulted in a few legitimate edits being flagged by accident. The filter has since been changed to fix this issue, so please attempt the edit again. If it still triggers the filter, please let me know so I can forward the issue for additional fixing.

@Aviator Zero; The bad formatting filter triggers when the edit (existing or changed text) contains the BR HTML tag. Any uses of the BR tag should be updated to XHTML format, as shown in the linked page.

Now that MS sprites have been uploaded for the new Kalos Pokémon, I suggest that [bp=Template:Moveentry/Level1]Moveentry/level template series[/bp] be updated to consider Male and Female Meowstic as separate forms. Similar to Deoxys, Male and Female Meowstic learn different moves upon leveling up, but learn the same TMs, Egg moves, ect.

I'm going to take a gander and assume this is the best place for this... just a tidbit of trivia that I came across while watching the show. All the way back in the first season of the show... episode 62, Clefairy Tales, the doctor character Oswald had made a device. At the time, it seems that the device doesn't even work, and the show made a point for this. 3 times that device went off, in front of jigglypuff, togepi, and clefairy. I think that device is a fairy type detector way ahead of its time. Any thoughts on this?

I'm going to take a gander and assume this is the best place for this... just a tidbit of trivia that I came across while watching the show. All the way back in the first season of the show... episode 62, Clefairy Tales, the doctor character Oswald had made a device. At the time, it seems that the device doesn't even work, and the show made a point for this. 3 times that device went off, in front of jigglypuff, togepi, and clefairy. I think that device is a fairy type detector way ahead of its time. Any thoughts on this?

It's highly speculative, and speculation doesn't belong on articles.

It's highly speculative, and speculation doesn't belong on articles.

Yes, but it's also highly feasible.

Geez guys, you could be a little bit more polite here.

The situation you mention is merely coincidental. We could just as easily say that the device he made was for detecting Normal-types.
Due to the speculative nature, it isn't something that belongs on the wiki. A humorous coincidence though.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Here's a suggested change for the next update. I noticed that there's no link to go from one card within a TCG set to the next or the previous, not like there is for the listings of the Pokemon in the games. Many times it takes far too long for a page to load (which I blame the pop-up ads for), and so browsing through the cards becomes a real time-consuming chore as we look at the page then hit "back". The alternative, opening the link in a new tab or windo, only seems to make the slowdown worse. I know you can't get rid of the ads, as they allow you to keep this site running, so if you could add in the Next/Prev option to the TCG sets it would be most helpful. Also, if you were to add small thumbnails of the cards to the page that lists them all then that would help too.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Here's a suggested change for the next update. I noticed that there's no link to go from one card within a TCG set to the next or the previous, not like there is for the listings of the Pokemon in the games. Many times it takes far too long for a page to load (which I blame the pop-up ads for), and so browsing through the cards becomes a real time-consuming chore as we look at the page then hit "back". The alternative, opening the link in a new tab or windo, only seems to make the slowdown worse. I know you can't get rid of the ads, as they allow you to keep this site running, so if you could add in the Next/Prev option to the TCG sets it would be most helpful. Also, if you were to add small thumbnails of the cards to the page that lists them all then that would help too.

To start, I'm going to mention that if you sign up for a Bulbapedia account and log in whenever you browse, all of the ads go away! It's very convenient.

Secondly, the previous/next template is a good idea in concept, but once we take into consideration all the cards that have happened and been reprinted, it begins to get out of hand. Take BW Reshiram for example. That single card would need 8 prev/next at the top of the page, and that's only considering the English. There would be 8 more for Japanese prints, and an additional 3 for Korean exclusive prints. Now, if we consider cards like Switch, there would be 18 prev/next templates for only English. With that amount of templates, it isn't quite helpful anymore, in my opinion.

Though, as for the thumbnails, we actually have something similar already in place that we could be publicizing more. On the Bulbagarden Archives, we have categories containing every card image from each expansion. Here's the one for Legendary Treasures. If we were to link this from each expansion's infobox, would that suffice? I've been wanting to do that for a while, but we just haven't updated the infobox in a long time.

Geez guys, you could be a little bit more polite here.

The situation you mention is merely coincidental. We could just as easily say that the device he made was for detecting Normal-types.
Due to the speculative nature, it isn't something that belongs on the wiki. A humorous coincidence though.

Thank you Magnedeth... I would've said something, but chose not to as it would have stirred up insult onto me.

The way I see it, speculation and coincidence are akin to each other, and regardless of that, it's feasibility that matters. You have speculation, revelation, and feasibility... if it's neither true nor false, then determine what is the most feasible and move on..... And if it makes you feel any better, it doesn't need to be an official detail if its inconsequential.
Trust me, I've been writing for over twelve years.

There, I've said my part, you may now flame me.

All the icons of pokemon released before generation 4 have become blurry, at least on the pages where it lists which pokemon can learn a move. is this something new or am I just now noticing it? Because it feels like its lower quality.

They have been updated with the Gen VI sprites (40x40 as opposed to older 32x32); pages acknowledge the updated size but the image content is still out of date in some cache, thus the pages stretching the old 32x32 images to fill a 40x40 square. I checked earlier and force refreshing the page on my end didn't help, so it's a server-side cache somewhere. It should probably go away with time, or there might be a manual pending operation to fix it only once Gen IV and V are done as well.

They've been updated with the new ones from XY, which are slightly larger. Unfortunately, due to the way our images are set up, it can cause unusual errors as the updates are transferred. In this case, it appears to be displaying the old image using the dimensions of the new image, which is why they look strange. It should clear up on its own.

Back
Top Bottom