• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Because the content distribution network we use to reduce load means it's more of a server syncing issue than a caching issue. Any immediate fix has to be done manually, one file at a time, from the server side. It's not something that can be done via the front-end, and as a result there are very, very few people with the power to do so.

Alright, so, Bulbapedia logged me out, and when I try to log back in, I keep getting this Error 503 Service Unavailable deal. Been like this for a good few hours now, too, what's going on?

EDIT: And now I'm logged back in somehow. That was odd.

Last edited:
Alright, so, Bulbapedia logged me out, and when I try to log back in, I keep getting this Error 503 Service Unavailable deal. Been like this for a good few hours now, too, what's going on?

EDIT: And now I'm logged back in somehow. That was odd.

Upgrades needed to be done because of issues with the archives. The site will be back to working fine soon enough.

I recently noticed that on pages for places in game where you encounter Pokémon, the encounter rates for Pokémon from the Japanese version of Pokémon Blue have been removed. I loved how it was before, where it showed encounter rates for all of the games in a generation, including the version of Blue which was unreleased in the West. It feels incomplete without that information, and it's not easy information to obtain from other sources. I'd like for that to come back. I know there is reasoning behind the decision, but I think it's better to include those encounter rates because otherwise, it's like Bulbapedia isn't giving complete game information for generation one.

I wanna point out that I left a comment on one of the talk pages, and I think it's something important you all should be aware of.

Category talk:pokémon that learn HM moves by level-up - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

This is the talk page. I don't blame anyone for not replying, seeing as this category has been inactive in years, I doubt anyone has it on the watchlist.

Which just makes the point I made on that talk page more valid. If you guys could have the time, please reply to that, thank you.

Suggestion: Add an active player in the war room and make them moderator. I would suggest Midorwika, as he is both experienced and active.
Reason: The War Room's update threads and tutorials haven't been updated in a long time and require constant updating, which causes new players who want to learn how to play to not be able to participate and learn about how to play The War Room's games. Because of this, The War Room is crippled.

Suggestion: Add an active player in the war room and make them moderator. I would suggest Midorwika, as he is both experienced and active.
Reason: The War Room's update threads and tutorials haven't been updated in a long time and require constant updating, which causes new players who want to learn how to play to not be able to participate and learn about how to play The War Room's games. Because of this, The War Room is crippled.

This is the Bulbapedia suggestions thread, not the general site suggestions area. You'll want to go to this forum.

This is for the slightly larger suggestions, right? I brought this up to Adyniz but it was after he stepped down or went on vacation or whatever it is he did, so I thought to check here for a thread like this and here I am. General idea is: searching through merchandise is a tad difficult, how about a repository for merchandise of a specific Pokemon?

This is for the slightly larger suggestions, right? I brought this up to Adyniz but it was after he stepped down or went on vacation or whatever it is he did, so I thought to check here for a thread like this and here I am. General idea is: searching through merchandise is a tad difficult, how about a repository for merchandise of a specific Pokemon?

This problem will be addressed within the next few weeks as we near closer to the month of our information drive for merchandise: 'Merchandise May'.

I noticed that there are a lot of missing icons for new Gen 6 items, like the Assault Vest. I assume its because they arent in the game. But there are icons for it, on the global link. Here's a screenshot from my global link so you can see what I mean: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/kamrom/gen6icons.png Would it be alright to use those icons on Bulbapedia?
We already have the Global Link artwork on the items' respective pages. We're missing the bag sprites (and other things like Mega Evolution menu sprites) because we apparently don't have a reliable source that will allow us to use them.

I noticed a minor problem regarding the special episode infobox. Unlike the regular episode infobox, this one doesn't have an option for widescreen screenshots (one should be able to input "no", "yes", and "hd" in the "screen" section, but only the first two work). Due to this, all episode head pictures using this template are shown in 200px, while the right size for 16:9 screenshots is 266px.

I'm re-posting my question from the XY025 preview thread: Should XY025, which will air on April 24 because XY024 was postponed indefinitely, be edited as XY024 on Bulbapedia?

I'm re-posting my question from the XY025 preview thread: Should XY025, which will air on April 24 because XY024 was postponed indefinitely, be edited as XY024 on Bulbapedia?

I'd like to discuss with Kenji-girl and the other staff before making any final decisions about what to do with the naming of the article. Moving the article would mean that all the other upcoming episodes would have to be shifted and relinked, so it's a lot more than just moving XY024.

I noticed a minor problem regarding the special episode infobox. Unlike the regular episode infobox, this one doesn't have an option for widescreen screenshots (one should be able to input "no", "yes", and "hd" in the "screen" section, but only the first two work). Due to this, all episode head pictures using this template are shown in 200px, while the right size for 16:9 screenshots is 266px.

Just letting you know, Kogs upgraded the template for this now.

Back
Top Bottom