• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

First time poster, and I hope I'm in the right place here. I had wished to contribute a bit to the Super Training Page. I had something to add under the "Core Training" section regarding this paragraph:
Occasionally, the player's Pokémon will take a rest from Core Training, indicated by a "..." displayed above the Pokémon and a refusal to participate in a Super-Training Regimen (or accept a new training bag); tapping the Pokémon will wake it up and give it a second wind (shown as a smiley above the Pokémon), which doubles the speed at which a Pokémon can finish off a training bag.
The "second wind" - or the "Flare" status, as I like to call it - does more than just halve the speed in which another training bag can be finished off. This status also vastly increases the occurrence of random training bags appearing when the pokemon "punches" the empty training bag. I call it the "Flare" status because the Team Flare bag creates the same effect; I have also called the "Energetic" status. It would help to make this status information known to others, as all bags - notably Reset Bags - are made much easier to obtain from beating on an empty bag while under the "Flare" status.

Hello! I'm new here! I was wondering if there were any groups working on getting the pokemon movesets for NPC trainers in Pokemon X/Y?

Articles for routes in some of the older games include the movesets of all the NPC trainer's pokemon, and I found that info very useful when I was going through the games.

Is there any group working on this for Gen 6? If not I would really like to get started gathering moveset data because I see a lot of NPC trainers without their pokemon movesets listed. The only thing is I don't know much about editing wiki pages so I could gather the moveset information but would need help editing the pages.

Hello! I'm new here! I was wondering if there were any groups working on getting the pokemon movesets for NPC trainers in Pokemon X/Y?

Articles for routes in some of the older games include the movesets of all the NPC trainer's pokemon, and I found that info very useful when I was going through the games.

Is there any group working on this for Gen 6? If not I would really like to get started gathering moveset data because I see a lot of NPC trainers without their pokemon movesets listed. The only thing is I don't know much about editing wiki pages so I could gather the moveset information but would need help editing the pages.

What Route pages have movesets for NPCs? Note that some pages will have them if the NPC is particularly notable, but otherwise, they shouldn't be listed.

What Route pages have movesets for NPCs? Note that some pages will have them if the NPC is particularly notable, but otherwise, they shouldn't be listed.

Oh! Well I guess the route 22 from Gen 2 I checked just happened to have Blue listed a bunch of times and I didn't realise that movesets are listed for notable trainers. So it's intentional that none of the minor NPCs skills are listed? Is the data not being stored on any page for inquiring minds like me? To be honest I first became interested when I saw a gym trainer's pokemon use a move I'd never seen before and I forgot to look and see what the moves name was. Still don't know what that move was...

I can understand it might create clutter to put the movesets for every pokemon on every route page, but is there no other way the data might be stored for reference?

Last edited:
One problem I noticed with Bulbapedia after not having gone on the site for a few months is that the XY Pokemon sprites still hasn't been uploaded by anyone. Anyone planning on uploading them soon? o_o

Someone should update the Kalos Route 18 article, or at least flag it as such, specifically with Inver's items. Turns out the items are actually given out based on how many super effective hits you land, which someone already added onto the talk page, but nothing has been done since. I was falsely led to believe that the items were given out randomly, which as it turns out, they are not. The wiki shouldn't be giving out false assumptions like this.

One problem I noticed with Bulbapedia after not having gone on the site for a few months is that the XY Pokemon sprites still hasn't been uploaded by anyone. Anyone planning on uploading them soon? o_o

Little has changed since you last posted, we have a member who managed to get their hands on a capture device and they should be uploaded soon. As said to you before, it's not a simple process, and remembering that we don't condone theft off other websites and everyone who participates on the wiki is volunteers who have their own lives and don't necessarily have the time to go through and get over 700 images. They will be up when they are up.

Little has changed since you last posted, we have a member who managed to get their hands on a capture device and they should be uploaded soon. As said to you before, it's not a simple process, and remembering that we don't condone theft off other websites and everyone who participates on the wiki is volunteers who have their own lives and don't necessarily have the time to go through and get over 700 images. They will be up when they are up.

Okay, thanks for filling me on the info! Sorry if I sound impatient, just confirming for myself that the task hasn't been forgotten yet.

But I do have one suggestion. I noticed that the Emerald sprites for every Pokemon are animated but not the sprites for any Pokemon after that (DPPt & HGSS use very similar mechanics for animation as Emerald did). I was wondering if people think it's a good idea (or a possible idea) to include the animations for the Pokemon sprites in DPPt & HGSS and in Generation V games, include the Pokemon's constant movements in their animations. And when the Generation VI Pokemon sprites get uploaded eventually, include their animations too. Idk, it seems like a reasonable idea to me but I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Volt tackle in Pokepark Wii!

I'm unsure as to if anyone else knows this, but in 'pokepark wii: Pikachu's adventure' Pikachu actually does know 4 moves. every player knows about quick attack (dashing into opponents with 1), thunderbolt (press and release A) and the unlockable Iron tail (shake the wii remote), however I have found out that volt tackle is a usable move. if holding A as if to charge thunderbolt, then using quick attack while still holding A, you preform volt tackle. while outside of battles this has no benefits, and in fact hinders most players, as most players use their left thumb for the D-Pad and the A button, making it harder to steer. however, in a battle situation, quick attack is essentially quick attack, but with more damage. if a staff member could add this to the wiki, that would be great. if necessary, you can try it yourself! I am unsure if this still exists in pokepark 2, as I don't own it, but still.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I have read in more then one place online, ...including bulbapedia, that state there is only one Pikachu in pokemon yellow version. Everyone saying this is wrong. I have caught several pikachu's in Viridian Forest. Pokemon Yellow has WILD pikachu's to catch in Viridian Forest. Be careful not to kill it when you see it though. It is quite rare. If you don't believe me, then you should try to find pikachu there again. You do not, I repeat, you DO NOT need to trade a wild pikachu to get a raichu in pokemon yellow. You simply catch one. Don't believe me? My game in front of me thinks I'm right. :)

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I have read in more then one place online, ...including bulbapedia, that state there is only one Pikachu in pokemon yellow version. Everyone saying this is wrong. I have caught several pikachu's in Viridian Forest. Pokemon Yellow has WILD pikachu's to catch in Viridian Forest. Be careful not to kill it when you see it though. It is quite rare. If you don't believe me, then you should try to find pikachu there again. You do not, I repeat, you DO NOT need to trade a wild pikachu to get a raichu in pokemon yellow. You simply catch one. Don't believe me? My game in front of me thinks I'm right. :)

And every website (as you mentioned) tells you that you can't, and this includes our own delve into the game software. Is it a legit Pokemon game, and not on any sort of emulator and you're not playing Red or Blue?

Should we add a category for Moves that depend on weight? There are five at the moment (Sky Drop, Low Kick, Grass Knot, Heavy Slam, Heat Crash), and it seems appropriate.

There's also a page on priority, but there are separate categories for increased priority moves AND decreased priority moves. The same thing goes for Iron Fist and the punching moves category, so I don't see your point.

Is there a way to create a link that, when clicked on, takes you to a random Pokémon species' page, not just any page on the wiki? I want to create a link on Tumblr that does this, but the URLs I've tried so far aren't doing it.
I can't think of anywhere more appropriate to ask this question, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom