• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

There are certain Pokemon x Pokemon ships that I love which are very rare and I'd appreciate if there were pages made for them. They are:

ScissorsBeatsPaperShipping
7UpShipping
KyoudaiShipping (I know it's in the shipping page, but it needs its own page)
KawaiiShipping
LightningPearl

[BP]Template:G6event[/BP] hasn't been changed to allow artwork like similar templates related to Gen VI's Pokémon. I feel like the artwork would be a better alternative to uniform question marks for all Kalos Pokémon or models that have not been standardized in size.

@SnivyFennekinFroakie - While I'm not at all involved in the shipping scene, I would think we would need to know which characters those five ships involve.

@SnivyFennekinFroakie - While I'm not at all involved in the shipping scene, I would think we would need to know which characters those five ships involve.

ScissorsBeatsPaper- Ash's Snivy & Ash's Tepig
7Up- Ash's Buizel & Dawn's Pachirisu
Kyoudai- Ash's Scraggy & Iris' Axew
Kawaii- Ash's Pikachu & Misty's Togepi
LightningPearl- Ash's Pikachu & Dawn's Piplup

I think there should be a page for the different fan challenges. Right now there's only a page for Nuzlocke, but there's so many more. Egglocke, Monotype, Scramble, No evo, etc. It'd be nice to have a comprehensive list of all of them.

We only have Nuzlocke because that is the most popular and well known challenges. The others are either minor or just not that well known or popular.

So not appropriate material for the wiki? I guess I can understand that. I've just been having a hard time trying to find a list of challenges to try. They all seem to be on forums, only list a few, and haven't been updated in years. I guess I'll just do what I did the last time I couldn't find a list of things. Make my own! I'm off to post a thread!

Fan challenges are a massive notability gray area, kind of like competitive notes or tiers. I've seen the Nuzlocke page get cluttered up with optional rules as it is and it gets really ugly. And while there are a lot of fan challenges, many of them are variations on the Nuzlocke and so, so many them are little used or not popular enough for notability. Furthermore, some challenges aren't Nuzlockes (monotype and no evo needn't be) which kind of further complicates the issue. Like, would we do a fan challenge page (would be cluttered/complex), do we add to the Nuzlocke page (already over-cluttered), what makes a challenge notable enough to be included? There's a lot of complex issues and while I think it may~ be worthwhile, it'd been difficult to monitor and manage without some guidelines.

As for adding variants to the Nuz page. There are so many Nuzlocke variations that I'm hesitant to start adding them. Like, yeah, Wonderlockes are popular right now. But once the hype for being able to do this dies down? And what makes a variation notable enough to get it on the page? Like there's Wedlockes and Wonderlockes, but also there's Monolockes, Sololockes, Alphabetlockes, Chancelockes, Egglockes, Dual-lockes, Sleeplockes, Tradelockes . . . None of them is really "bigger" than another and its highly variable. What's big now might not be big a while from now. And then there's the whole issue of how much you can bend the rules before its still considered a Nuzlocke and blah, blah, blah. And we've already got a couple of optional rules on the page which I personally don't see often or feel bend the rules too far. But that's just me, and I can be a bit of purist.

If we were going to do something like this, I'd be more inclined to have a separate "fan challenge" or "Nuzlocke Variant" page. But like I said, it's so difficult to manage and/or access notability.

I've created a category for it.

Is there a way to create a link that, when clicked on, takes you to a random Pokémon species' page, not just any page on the wiki? I want to create a link on Tumblr that does this, but the URLs I've tried so far aren't doing it.
I can't think of anywhere more appropriate to ask this question, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Not to my knowledge

[BP]Template:G6event[/BP] hasn't been changed to allow artwork like similar templates related to Gen VI's Pokémon. I feel like the artwork would be a better alternative to uniform question marks for all Kalos Pokémon or models that have not been standardized in size.

A template update is planned for the future, so we'll more likely just wait for that to be finalised.

ScissorsBeatsPaper- Ash's Snivy & Ash's Tepig
7Up- Ash's Buizel & Dawn's Pachirisu
Kyoudai- Ash's Scraggy & Iris' Axew
Kawaii- Ash's Pikachu & Misty's Togepi
LightningPearl- Ash's Pikachu & Dawn's Piplup

Shipping is open to a lot of interpretation, it is also a minor part of the wiki compared to the actual facts. I recommend seeing the project page for Project Shipping, or visiting the shipping part of the forum to discuss the ships.

I think there should be a page for the different fan challenges. Right now there's only a page for Nuzlocke, but there's so many more. Egglocke, Monotype, Scramble, No evo, etc. It'd be nice to have a comprehensive list of all of them.

I pretty much agree with what Crys said above. But it's not my area of expertise. Notable though, definitely.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

What do I do if my edit in the mainspace has been undone due to lack of sources? Am I able to provide the source in order to prove my edit was legit? What should I do i this case, or is there anything that I can do to fix that kind of problem?

Experience Column in Pokemon Table in Game Areas

Generally beating a higher level pokemon will provide more experience but that's not always the case. I'm replaying Heart Gold right now and I got to Route 32 where they have L6 Mareep, Bellsprout, et cetera in the grass, and L10 Magikarp can be caught with the Old Rod obtained in the Pokemon Center here. But the L10 Magikarp only provide 28 experience, this is the same amount no matter who I beat them with and how many I catch with my Old Rod (obviously using 2 or more pokemon in battle will divide that amount by the number of pokemon so they'll each obtain less but altogether it is still the same amount), and the L6 Mareep provide 50 exp. which is significantly more, while the L6 Bellsprout provide 72 exp. which is significantly more than that. So, I could just fight every pokemon in every area I go to to see the difference and memorize thousands of numbers, or you could simply include that number in a new column in the Pokemon Table, ideally between Levels and Rate. For multiple levels separate exp amounts with comma, or at least show as #-#. I (and others too probably) would add in exp as I discovered it if the column existed. I'd add the column but I don't know if I'm allowed and I'm not yet familiar with the code here.

Re: Experience Column in Pokemon Table in Game Areas

Generally beating a higher level pokemon will provide more experience but that's not always the case. I'm replaying Heart Gold right now and I got to Route 32 where they have L6 Mareep, Bellsprout, et cetera in the grass, and L10 Magikarp can be caught with the Old Rod obtained in the Pokemon Center here. But the L10 Magikarp only provide 28 experience, this is the same amount no matter who I beat them with and how many I catch with my Old Rod (obviously using 2 or more pokemon in battle will divide that amount by the number of pokemon so they'll each obtain less but altogether it is still the same amount), and the L6 Mareep provide 50 exp. which is significantly more, while the L6 Bellsprout provide 72 exp. which is significantly more than that. So, I could just fight every pokemon in every area I go to to see the difference and memorize thousands of numbers, or you could simply include that number in a new column in the Pokemon Table, ideally between Levels and Rate. For multiple levels separate exp amounts with comma, or at least show as #-#. I (and others too probably) would add in exp as I discovered it if the column existed. I'd add the column but I don't know if I'm allowed and I'm not yet familiar with the code here.

I'm not quite sure which page you're talking about? The Experience page?

Can the availability template that were implemented a few months ago for regular Pokémon pages replace the glitch Pokémon availability template? As I show here, I think it can become a neater, cleaner alternative to the template being used now.

Can the availability template that were implemented a few months ago for regular Pokémon pages replace the glitch Pokémon availability template? As I show here, I think it can become a neater, cleaner alternative to the template being used now.

Yes, that would be much nicer than the current template.

Do I have the go-ahead to start changing them?

Do I have the go-ahead to start changing them?

Yep. As leader of Project GlitchDex, I give you the go ahead. :p If there's any issue, let me know. I've been wanting to make a custom template for glitch availability for ages so that it is much cleaner, but the new template works perfectly.

I've made a Python program that throws Japanese Pokemon names at me so I can practice my katakana. Once I have the answer, I look up the romanization I got on Bulbapedia. Most of the time, it will redirect to the relevant Pokemon. With Nozupasu (Nosepass) and Aruseusu (Arceus), however, this is not the case. Is this because of how similar they are to the English names?

View attachment 91389For the Kalos Pokemon sprites, instead of using the official artwork, how about using images like the one I posted to this message? It would help in not causing the pictures to bloat up (like the current roster for opponents' teams of Kalos).

This, please. I'm shocked we still don't have 3D models on ANY Pokémon's pages, yet we have all Menu Sprites (barring M. Lucario and M. Aggron) and 3D trainer models. It can't be that hard to find someone who'll give permission to use them.

View attachment 91389For the Kalos Pokemon sprites, instead of using the official artwork, how about using images like the one I posted to this message? It would help in not causing the pictures to bloat up (like the current roster for opponents' teams of Kalos).

This, please. I'm shocked we still don't have 3D models on ANY Pokémon's pages, yet we have all Menu Sprites (barring M. Lucario and M. Aggron) and 3D trainer models. It can't be that hard to find someone who'll give permission to use them.

My single comment to this is we are still working on it, we were able to get most of the Menu Sprites and are in discussions with a couple of websites about the 3D models.

So yes in fact, it CAN be that hard.

Back
Top Bottom