• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I don't know about other Pokémon, but Vileplume's learnset by prior evolution on Vileplume's main page still shows Gen V. There is a Gen VI button, but that just sends you back to the same place. Basically, Vileplume's learnset by a prior evolution need to be updated and fixed.

Vileplume's learnset, more specifically "By prior evolution," has not been updated for Gen VI and still lists Gen V. There is a Gen VI button, but that just sends you back to the same place. Basically, Vileplume's by a prior evolution learnset needs to be updated for Gen VI and fixed.

I noticed that there are two "wanted" pages for "Unknown (condition)" and "??? (condition)". As contests are returning, these need to be taken care of. Looking into the "Unknown (condition)" page, the three pages that are trying to link to it can be taken care of by fixing one page: "Template:pokémon/4/Contest". The template is designed to place "unknown" as the condition if a condition is not given. ("Template:pokémon/3/Contest" has "Cool (condition)" as the default). We can have the code changed to be more like "Template:pokémon/3/Contest" or have the "Unknown (condition)" redirect to the "Contest condition" page.

With "??? (condition)", when we add the contest condition types to the moves, the "??? (condition)" page will almost disappear. Changing the occurance on the "Generation IV hybrid" page to "Unknown (condition)" (if the redirect is implemented) or redirecting "??? (condition)" to the "Contest condition" page will solve the problem.

It appears that Snover is missing an egg move, I bred a Male Snover with the egg moves Bullet Seed, Magical Leaf, Avalanche, and Seed Bomb with a female with Mist, Ice Shard, Ingrain, and Wood Hammer, and it came up with Magical Leaf, Avalanche, Seed Bomb, and Mist.

EDIT: I changed the variables to make sure it wasn't affected by something else, and the only thing that stopped it from being passed down was deleting it, so Mist is level-up and Egg

Last edited:
We only list moves only learned through breeding in the boxes.
Oh, alright, seems a bit odd though, since some moves are level up and Egg moves instead of just level-up moves (As in they can be learned through breeding even if only one parent knows it)

We only list moves only learned through breeding in the boxes.
Oh, alright, seems a bit odd though, since some moves are level up and Egg moves instead of just level-up moves (As in they can be learned through breeding even if only one parent knows it)

This is actually an interesting case and occasionally level up moves can also be included as egg moves, I've added it to the movesets. Thanks for realising :)

When I open an expanding template by clicking on the word "show" it works, but when I try to click "hide" nothing happens. An example are the templates that are used to profile Drayden and Iris' teams on the Opelucid Gym page. Might be a technical problem going on.

When I open an expanding template by clicking on the word "show" it works, but when I try to click "hide" nothing happens. An example are the templates that are used to profile Drayden and Iris' teams on the Opelucid Gym page. Might be a technical problem going on.
I'm not having a problem. Are you maybe not hitting the
View hidden content is available for registered users!

I'm not having any such problem. What browser are you using? It may not be handling the expandable/collapsible code properly.

I'm not having any such problem. What browser are you using? It may not be handling the expandable/collapsible code properly.

Mozilla Firefox

Also a lot of pages I visit became a little more compressed then normal.

Last edited:
In the Human Debut section of AG030 there was a link that sent me to a redirect, Shauna was linked as Shauna (anime) which redirects to Shauna (Hoenn)

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I just saw some things that I think need to be fixed on the ORAS Animated Trailer page. The Altaria, Audino, and Latias in the trailer are shown to belong to May while Latios belongs to Brendan, they're not wild. If you guys can edit that, I would really appreciate it.

Mozilla Firefox

More compressed than normal? Could you elaborate, perhaps include a screenshot of what you mean? It is sounding like a problem on your end, though.

In the Human Debut section of AG030 there was a link that sent me to a redirect, Shauna was linked as Shauna (anime) which redirects to Shauna (Hoenn)

Looks like some links never got converted when the article was moved from the (anime) suffix to the (Hoenn) one. I've fixed all of the remaining links in content namespaces.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/adventure-tools/the-pokenav-plus/the-pokenav-plus

PokeNav Plus info needs to be added to Pre-Release Information on the ORAS Bulbapedia page.

Or just ignore me. Whatever. That's not rude at all.

You weren't being ignored, your post simply got missed. It, unfortunately, happens from time to time when the staff is very busy with preparation for a major release. We'll make sure to add the information ASAP.

Additionally, edit requests should be posted in the edit request thread.

Mozilla Firefox

More compressed than normal? Could you elaborate, perhaps include a screenshot of what you mean? It is sounding like a problem on your end, though.

Looks like some links never got converted when the article was moved from the (anime) suffix to the (Hoenn) one. I've fixed all of the remaining links in content namespaces.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/adventure-tools/the-pokenav-plus/the-pokenav-plus

PokeNav Plus info needs to be added to Pre-Release Information on the ORAS Bulbapedia page.

Or just ignore me. Whatever. That's not rude at all.

You weren't being ignored, your post simply got missed. It, unfortunately, happens from time to time when the staff is very busy with preparation for a major release. We'll make sure to add the information ASAP.

Additionally, edit requests should be posted in the edit request thread.

I just went where the Bulbapedia told me to go.

So I noticed today that the Abandoned Ship page was moved to the name Sea Mauville. While it is true that Sea Mauville is in the same location, has some of the same items and serves the same purpose....should we really just rename the page? The Sea Mauville isn't a ship from what I've seen in-game and is basically a complete replacement with everything else the same. Wouldn't two pages be better since they are different things?

Back
Top Bottom