• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I haven't done much editing on the wiki and I'm new to the forum so sorry if anything I suggest has already been brought up.

These are two suggestions I have:
Include overworld sprites in the gallery sections for the fossils
Gen I and II menu sprites in the sprite section for the first 251 Pokemon

I'd be willing to upload images if need be.

I'd like to request that the protection of [bp]Ash's Goomy[/bp] be brought back down to semi-protected. While I understand the protection upgrade was intended to prevent preemptive editing, the event that caused the protection was instigated by one fairly new user who may not have known the procedures for such an event.

Failing that, I'd at least like to request that Goomy's desire to become stronger and its relationship with Pikachu (a role model) be mentioned.

Now that the Generation VI sprites are being added to the wiki, are we going to replace the official Pokemon artwork images (found under the major trainers' Pokemon ownership info) with the actual sprites once everyone is done being added?

Now that the Generation VI sprites are being added to the wiki, are we going to replace the official Pokemon artwork images (found under the major trainers' Pokemon ownership info) with the actual sprites once everyone is done being added?

AFAIK, there are no plans to use the Gen VI models outside of the (Pokémon) pages. The large models (e.g. Kyogre) are too wide or large to present at native size, but the small models, (e.g. Pikachu) have too much blank space to be re-sized to more standardized dimensions.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I think Delibird's egg moves might need a little investigating, I just found one, using the DexNav, that has Future Sight. I checked the wiki and didn't see that move anywhere on Delibird's page

Should we have a page with a list of all the Nintendo 3DS Pokémon themes, possibly also including the Super Smash Bros. themes too?

I tried to search for it and came up empty, so here it is.

Could the walkthrough that is on Bulbapedia for ORAS be completed. It has only part of the game through Part 5. I went to it for reference and was unable to find what I wanted and Bulbapedia has been my go to spot since I started playing pokemon again with X and Y. Sorry if the request is against the rules. I saw that it was up in the Pinned rules topic but it seems that it's refering to people making their own walkthroughs and posting them as a thread.

Thanks.

Someone should create templates so that more spin-off data can be added to the Pokémon pages. I looked at Bulbasaur's page, and it is missing information on Pokémon Rumble U, Pokémon Rumble World (though that game is recent so there's a excuse), Pokémon Battle Trozei!, Pokémon Shuffle, The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon, Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure, Pokémon Mistery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond. That's a lot of games, and I might have missed some. If there are already templates for these that I don't know of, then please tell me and I'll kindly add the needed information to all Pokémon pages.

I see there are so many new users in Bulbapedia who aren't autoconfirmed. How about if a new user account will be deleted if he/she don't make an one edit for 15 days?

I think Delibird's egg moves might need a little investigating, I just found one, using the DexNav, that has Future Sight. I checked the wiki and didn't see that move anywhere on Delibird's page

Egg moves are being added rather regularly, as people uncover them from breeding tests. If someone can confirm a successful pass down of Future Sight to a Delibird, then it will be added.

Should we have a page with a list of all the Nintendo 3DS Pokémon themes, possibly also including the Super Smash Bros. themes too?

It's an interesting prospect. I'd like to see a mock-up of the idea before giving any definite answer, however.

I tried to search for it and came up empty, so here it is.

Could the walkthrough that is on Bulbapedia for ORAS be completed. It has only part of the game through Part 5. I went to it for reference and was unable to find what I wanted and Bulbapedia has been my go to spot since I started playing pokemon again with X and Y. Sorry if the request is against the rules. I saw that it was up in the Pinned rules topic but it seems that it's refering to people making their own walkthroughs and posting them as a thread.

Thanks.

Walkthroughs on Bulbapedia are an exclusively user-driven effort. If the users who were editing the ORAS walkthrough have stopped, there's not really much the staff can do as we're not the walkthrough writers.

I just wanted to post this here in hopes of getting fellow users and admins to notice this and help with it. It's not a commonly visited page, but I feel like it should really be renamed.

Aria - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

We're aware of the several candidates for moving, splitting, mainspacing, merging, etc. The Editorial Board is diligently working through them, but it does take time.

Someone should create templates so that more spin-off data can be added to the Pokémon pages. I looked at Bulbasaur's page, and it is missing information on Pokémon Rumble U, Pokémon Rumble World (though that game is recent so there's a excuse), Pokémon Battle Trozei!, Pokémon Shuffle, The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon, Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure, Pokémon Mistery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond. That's a lot of games, and I might have missed some. If there are already templates for these that I don't know of, then please tell me and I'll kindly add the needed information to all Pokémon pages.

This is a template I've been wanting to overhaul for a while, since it's a massive mess of confusing condition calls and other issues. I'll try and build a significantly more user-friendly overhaul ASAP.

I see there are so many new users in Bulbapedia who aren't autoconfirmed. How about if a new user account will be deleted if he/she don't make an one edit for 15 days?

Considering that when I joined in May 2008, I took a number of months to carefully review & understand policy before starting to edit... This definitely isn't something we're ever going to do. We thoroughly support new users taking as much time as they need to review & understand Bulbapedia's policies before editing, and we don't want someone's account to get deleted because they want to know what they're doing before jumping in. We wouldn't want to do anything to discourage or rush a future Editor-in-Chief in the making. ;)

Considering that when I joined in May 2008, I took a number of months to carefully review & understand policy before starting to edit... This definitely isn't something we're ever going to do. We thoroughly support new users taking as much time as they need to review & understand Bulbapedia's policies before editing, and we don't want someone's account to get deleted because they want to know what they're doing before jumping in. We wouldn't want to do anything to discourage or rush a future Editor-in-Chief in the making. ;)

I understand. But how about if there will be a recommendation that those who will register will review & understand Bulbapedia's policies before registering? Well, that is only my suggestion.

Last edited:

I understand. But how about if there will be a recommendation that those who will register will review & understand Bulbapedia's policies before registering? Well, that is only my suggestion.

While we certainly support people learning the policies before registering, we also understand that many people use specific names around the internet and want to be sure to get their account with their desired username before they start worrying about anything like reading policy. We're not going to reduce user-friendliness in order to purge some accounts that are causing no significant harm by simply existing.

While we certainly support people learning the policies before registering, we also understand that many people use specific names around the internet and want to be sure to get their account with their desired username before they start worrying about anything like reading policy. We're not going to reduce user-friendliness in order to purge some accounts that are causing no significant harm by simply existing.
Oh, I forgot that users who don't register early won't register with their desired username because some users might take it. Oh well.

I got a new idea. I just created a page in my userpage, and here it is:User:pokéfan95/User tl

I created this for those who knows Filipino. You know, there are also many Pokémon fans in the Philippines. And maybe there are some editors in Bulbapedia. This is meant also to move to Template:User tl.

If it passes the use requirement in the [bp=Bulbapedia:Usertag policy]usertag policy[/bp], it can be put forward to the staff to promote it to an official usertag.

I got a new idea. I just created a page in my userpage, and here it is:User:pokéfan95/User tl

I created this for those who knows Filipino. You know, there are also many Pokémon fans in the Philippines. And maybe there are some editors in Bulbapedia. This is meant also to move to Template:User tl.

If it passes the use requirement in the [bp=Bulbapedia:Usertag policy]usertag policy[/bp], it can be put forward to the staff to promote it to an official usertag.

Yeah, that is the only problem. I gotta share it to others. *sigh*

Could we have a TCG category that features cards featuring multiple Pokemon? The Legend cards and "Zorua and Celebi" could go there, along with others.

Back
Top Bottom