• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Tiddlywinks said:
In short, HMs are a bit of a pain, and it'd be nice to have something that eases the nuisance. It's nice if you can say, for example, "I'm ready now to run around and Cut, so where exactly are the places I can use it?".
Categories would work for that. The tree/smashable rock/boulder should be visible on the layout images or mentioned in the Geography sections.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but on the Foongus Pokemon page (Foongus (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia), in the side game data section, the Pokepark 2 Pokepad entry seems incorrect. I don't know the exact entry myself, but this is what it says on Bulbapedia:
Amoonguss is a dreamer and confused him a lot. As a result, he came to think that he should stay as he is.

The Amoonguss page says something different (He wants to be disguised and surprise everyone. He has tried many disguises, but he can't choose one.), so maybe the name in the Foongus entry is just wrong? Or maybe they were switched? Whatever the matter, I'm pretty sure that this is not correct.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but on the Foongus Pokemon page (Foongus (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia), in the side game data section, the Pokepark 2 Pokepad entry seems incorrect. I don't know the exact entry myself, but this is what it says on Bulbapedia:
Amoonguss is a dreamer and confused him a lot. As a result, he came to think that he should stay as he is.

The Amoonguss page says something different (He wants to be disguised and surprise everyone. He has tried many disguises, but he can't choose one.), so maybe the name in the Foongus entry is just wrong? Or maybe they were switched? Whatever the matter, I'm pretty sure that this is not correct.

Nope, they're right. Foongus's page is stating that Amoonguss confuses Foongus by constantly disguising himself.

Should we make Gallery pages for each Pokemon similar to the ones on mariowiki and zeldawiki? It would be a lot more user friendly than simply linking to category pages where the images are organised by filename.

I've been having a problem with Bulbapedia for a few weeks now. It loads extremely slowly, stalls, sometimes freeze, and even crashes my web browser. I'm guessing it's just high traffic, but it's been plaguing my ability to search and read articles on the wiki for quite some time. I though it may be just my web browser (I'm now stuck with Mozilla on my desktop due to Chrome suddenly not playing nice with various sites I frequent), but when I went on other computers, like my laptop, my mom's computer, and even a library computer, the former two possessing Chrome while the latter is Internet Explorer, they all experienced the same slow load, stalling, and even crashing problems. Does anyone know why this is happening, as it makes it very hard to use Bulbapedia for even the slightest things. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if anybody noticed, but the named Team Flare Admins appears in alphabetical order during their first encounters (Aliana appears first, then Bryony and Celosia, then Mable and then Xerosic). This stands true for all other languages as well.

My problem is sometimes I can't click on "links" when I click to see Ash's Pokemon and there's the list, I can't click on Pokemon like Noibat, but I can select Hawlucha. Also when it compresses after loading and it shows the "show" button I cannot click on the show button.

I don't know why this is, so maybe someone can help answer.

1. Is it the ads on Bulbapedia that is screwing up the format of the page, making some "links" not work making it seem like its just an image or text.

2. Not sure why this would be the case when only Bulbapedia seems to be affected by this, but could be my problem in that I may have malware on my computer adding unnecessary ads on bulbapedia, that screws with the format. This can't really be the issue when it doesn't affect other sites I go to, and I don't get random ads, and trust me I had issues with that recently in the past (like a month and half ago recently on a different computer), so I know what to look for. But maybe I'm overlooking something.

3. Or is it that my computer/browser cannot handle the format of the wiki page, and some thing is being sacrificed in favor of just loading up the page.

Any explanation and reason behind it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm doing some work-ish on Pokemon Conquest and ran into a snag. The current listings of what Pokemon are available in which areas was taken from Serebii.net, but it seems there was a "but" to their listings, namely that some Pokemon only appear in certain stories, swarms notwithstanding. The specific example, I spent 13 years in Ujiyasu's story and didn't see one Spiritomb in Spectra. I read online they only appear in the "ninja" scenarios, so I loaded up Hanzo's story and yup, plenty of Spiritomb. The Ninja story specifically changes which Pokemon appear, but apparently there's others, too - Lapras reportedly only appears in Nixstorm in Mitsuhide's story. I have to confirm that, but I can confirm those 13 years with Ujiyasu, they weren't appearing.

Does anyone know of a more reliable website, or even a textdump of the game, perhaps, so we can update the pages to reflect the available Pokemon in each location change between stories?

Last edited:
I'm a pixel artist and I had a question about copyright.

It states not for commercial use, so I was wondering if I would be allowed to link my Patreon off of an image made using the sprites from here (significantly modified) or not.

There is an error on the trivia of Gary Oak's character page. It says that:
"In Pocket Monsters: The Animation, it is revealed that, aside from his being Professor Oak's grandson, he is also the son of Pallet Town's mayor."

From my understanding, the translation claiming this was actually mistranslated and not correct. This also contradicts Professor Oak's (anime) character page, where it says: "He has two brothers, one of whom is the mayor of Pallet Town while the other is its postmaster--"

When I looked into this, the information on Prof.Oak's page seemed to be correct so in the novel the mayor of Pallet Town is not Gary's father but Prof.Oak's brother. (I have never got to read the novel by myself, but according to my memory it was someone on Bulbagarden or Serebii who translated parts of novels and said mayor was Oak's brother.)

Last edited:
(I have never got to read the novel by myself, but according to my memory it was someone on Bulbagarden or Serebii who translated parts of novels and said mayor was Oak's brother.)
There is something on Bulbapedia. There's also this, this, and this, which all seem independent (but which I haven't looked at very closely). The Japanese wiki page also appears to include some interesting tidbits. There may well be other hits if you search better than I did just to find those.

Last edited:
Satoshi's Juptile (Ash's Sceptile) is listed as gender unknown.
AND
On the AG161 page under dub edits:
"Referring to Sceptile, Ash says "…he won" and "he lost…" which wasn't present in the Japanese version. In fact, Sceptile's gender has yet to be confirmed in the Japanese anime."

Both of these are incorrect because in the original of AG161 Takeshi states:
"It's because Juptile loves Meganium... [Juptile] lost to Tropius at first. It wasn't very cool to be protected by Meganium. That's a man's way."
The last line is indisputably referring to Juptile and specifically uses the word "otoko" = male.

I know confirming pokemon sexes in the anime is a highly fraught business, but I think the above line provides sufficient evidence that Juptile is male.

Sorry, but I don't like the new posting format. It wants us to post no more than 10,000 characters in the forums, and I want to update my fan fic. According to the forum, my chapter is too long.

Could we give more in-depth coverage on the challenges that are in Rumble World? Currently, the only info covered is rather basic, such as Target Power, Goals, and Rewards. I was thinking we could split the info from the Rumble World article and make articles on each challenge, so we could cover stuff like the Pokemon that appear in each challenge. Thoughts?

On Korean promos, some of the promos are available by buying a book, or kit, should these books, or kits link to another page?

Back
Top Bottom