• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hiya, so I was thinking on do a list of "trainers which have pokemons with held items". I think it can be useful for obtaining otherwise rare items in games, like Black Belt or Silver Powder in Ruby/Sapphire, or Black Sludge on HG/SS, even nuggets or chesto berries too, always using the moves Thief, Covet or Trick to obtain all them obviously.

It can be sort of the List of pokemon by wild held item, but for trainers in games.

So tell me what do you think?

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add a Gen. I/Gen. II stat table for all then-existent Pokémon?

I know that glitch Pokémon from those generations already have tables, so the template already exists, and I've calculated the first 251 Pokémon's min/max stats at levels 50 and 100 and have them saved in a .doc file, so that part of the work is already done. I thought I'd ask before adding to see if there were reasons it would be objectionable.

Last edited:
I feel like the Manga section seriously needs some attention.

We have the release dates for Volumes, Games, episodes and movies, but the individual rounds (which are apparently published in a magazine long in advance of their volume compilations) don't have release dates. I feel like those release dates should be added, so that fans can sort of guesstimate when the next rounds will be coming and we can actually help the staff by adding and updating stuff.

Also, while the character pages have their bios updated quite frequently such as *SPOILER ALERT* Blue's page saying he shows up in Kalos and actually rescues Diantha from Malva *SPOILER FINISHED*, the actual round/volume/chapter pages are very behind, where *SPOILER ALERT* Diantha and Malva have only just begun their battle *SPOILER FINISHED*. That to me is quite frankly a little inadequate for a site of such amazing reputation and legacy as Bulbapedia. Sorry, not sorry.

As a fan with absolutely no knowledge of the Japanese language or enough internet know-how to find Japanese scans and translate them, reading Bulbapedia's small summaries is my only exposure to the manga until it is translated and exported to the US like a full year later...

is pokemon XD info ever going to get completed?
considering twitchplayspokemon trusted us with the shadow lugia info and found out we where wrong...
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this as I haven't posted outside Fun and Games in YEARS

when TPP played XD, they fought the shadow lugia and used sheer cold
they then blacked out and thought they could rebattle the shadow lugia like bulbapedia said
turns out it went straight to mirror b or was lost forever as we fought greevil first instead of XD001.

when TPP played XD, they fought the shadow lugia and used sheer cold
they then blacked out and thought they could rebattle the shadow lugia like bulbapedia said
turns out it went straight to mirror b or was lost forever as we fought greevil first instead of XD001.
It wouldn't really make sense for Lugia to be totally "lost"... Hm. It's weird, from what I know, it doesn't look like there's any other Shadow Lugia data in the game besides for Greevil. IDK, our page may deserve some correcting, but someone definitely needs to investigate the matter as thoroughly as possible.

Edit: actually, I'm really not sure how Miror B. "gets" other Trainers' Shadow Pokemon, so I suppose it /could/ be with him.

This is both a question and a suggestion I guess, I was looking for a page on battle spot (mainly looking for a list of past competitions) and all I found was this. Meanwhile the gen V equivalent of battle spot has a proper dedicated to it. Is there a page for gen VI battle spot under a sneaky different name somewhere or is bulbapedia in desperate need for one? If there isn't one I could try to write up a skeleton for it.

This is both a question and a suggestion I guess, I was looking for a page on battle spot (mainly looking for a list of past competitions) and all I found was this. Meanwhile the gen V equivalent of battle spot has a proper dedicated to it. Is there a page for gen VI battle spot under a sneaky different name somewhere or is bulbapedia in desperate need for one? If there isn't one I could try to write up a skeleton for it.
No, we don't have a page for the competitions. It would be great if you sketched something up in your userspace. =) (FWIW, keep in mind we can't take content from Serebii.)

No, we don't have a page for the competitions. It would be great if you sketched something up in your userspace. =) (FWIW, keep in mind we can't take content from Serebii.)

User:Mijzelffan/Battle Spot - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Alright here is my skeleton page, I can't create my own templates nor edit complicated ones because I have no idea how that code works, so I just took some easy template and tweaked it slightly. I decided just to use the first xy season and the festive feud as examples, until I get an approved template/style to use for this page I'll leave it at that. I also made a talk page for it with a few discussion points I'm not sure about.

Also don't worry, almost all information used for this page came directly from the PGL itself. A few things I had to check in-game.

I feel like the Manga section seriously needs some attention.

We have the release dates for Volumes, Games, episodes and movies, but the individual rounds (which are apparently published in a magazine long in advance of their volume compilations) don't have release dates. I feel like those release dates should be added, so that fans can sort of guesstimate when the next rounds will be coming and we can actually help the staff by adding and updating stuff.

Also, while the character pages have their bios updated quite frequently such as *SPOILER ALERT* Blue's page saying he shows up in Kalos and actually rescues Diantha from Malva *SPOILER FINISHED*, the actual round/volume/chapter pages are very behind, where *SPOILER ALERT* Diantha and Malva have only just begun their battle *SPOILER FINISHED*. That to me is quite frankly a little inadequate for a site of such amazing reputation and legacy as Bulbapedia. Sorry, not sorry.

As a fan with absolutely no knowledge of the Japanese language or enough internet know-how to find Japanese scans and translate them, reading Bulbapedia's small summaries is my only exposure to the manga until it is translated and exported to the US like a full year later...

I never did get an answer to this. I was able to do minimal editing to the manga portions of Bulbapedia, but my knowledge is so seriously limited.

I never did get an answer to this. I was able to do minimal editing to the manga portions of Bulbapedia, but my knowledge is so seriously limited.
Hi! Thanks for your feedback :)
Unfortunately, we don't have as many active users in manga as in other sections. ^^' often it feels like I'm the only person who writes summaries, particularly for series beyond Pokemon Adventures... I guess anyone who buys them all AND feels like contributing is a small niche XD
I'll admit I haven't done many summaries for a long time due to a variety of factors - time spent on other projects, on other obligations offline and because quite frankly it's tedious to do XD I am aware that there are a lot of incomplete pages, but alas, I am only one person and not as many of our users are into contributing with manga compared to other sections ^^' I will keep this in mind though in the future when budgeting time for projects that there is a known demand for more completed summaries. I have like 150+ volumes... it's a little intimidating to choose one (or even one series) to focus on for a while :p Pokémon Gotta Catch 'Em All! is an example of one I'd particularly like to get back to, since I have the French volumes, and series like Magical Pokemon Journey since I have all the Chuang Yi volumes :p and Golden Boys and Ash and Pikachu since I have part of those and they're out of print...but like I said, I am only one person with a limited amount of time ^^'

As an aside, I do like your idea for including the magazine release dates (although this will be harder to research for older series). You can actually see some pages that were magazine-only already have release dates given (such as CXY00) so I'm definitely open to more of that information being added.

Hi! Thanks for your feedback :)
Unfortunately, we don't have as many active users in manga as in other sections. ^^' often it feels like I'm the only person who writes summaries, particularly for series beyond Pokemon Adventures... I guess anyone who buys them all AND feels like contributing is a small niche XD
I'll admit I haven't done many summaries for a long time due to a variety of factors - time spent on other projects, on other obligations offline and because quite frankly it's tedious to do XD I am aware that there are a lot of incomplete pages, but alas, I am only one person and not as many of our users are into contributing with manga compared to other sections ^^' I will keep this in mind though in the future when budgeting time for projects that there is a known demand for more completed summaries. I have like 150+ volumes... it's a little intimidating to choose one (or even one series) to focus on for a while :p Pokémon Gotta Catch 'Em All! is an example of one I'd particularly like to get back to, since I have the French volumes, and series like Magical Pokemon Journey since I have all the Chuang Yi volumes :p and Golden Boys and Ash and Pikachu since I have part of those and they're out of print...but like I said, I am only one person with a limited amount of time ^^'

As an aside, I do like your idea for including the magazine release dates (although this will be harder to research for older series). You can actually see some pages that were magazine-only already have release dates given (such as CXY00) so I'm definitely open to more of that information being added.

If I owned any of the manga, I would gladly help contribute as much as I could.

As soon as I start making a bit more money, I'll be buying the entire Pokémon Adventures series in English, and when that happens I'll gladly be able to help edit all those pages. Sadly, the other manga series don't really interest me (except for the super short Ranger ones that tie into PA, and the Mystery Dungeon-based ones, also super short) so I won't be much help there.

But yeah, release dates would be so awesome, we have them for the games and anime, so to have it for the manga would be nice. And thankfully since the franchise is only 20 years old, finding out the publication dates of most of the manga should be fairly easy to find through internet records and such. I can only see a handful of things before 2001 giving anybody any trouble, honestly.

I do apologize if this has already been asked, but is it possible (or wanted at all) for this group to have some sort of Patreon? I know there's donations and the sort, and outside of site content quality there isn't much backer incentives...
But the convenience of Patreon is indeed a charm in its own right. And would definitely guarantee no ads for the site if its minimum goal is reached (I'm sure I'm not the only one bothered by the ads, no matter how minimal).

If it is possible and considered, we could figure out some backer (and maybe referral) incentives?

I do apologize if this has already been asked, but is it possible (or wanted at all) for this group to have some sort of Patreon? I know there's donations and the sort, and outside of site content quality there isn't much backer incentives...
But the convenience of Patreon is indeed a charm in its own right. And would definitely guarantee no ads for the site if its minimum goal is reached (I'm sure I'm not the only one bothered by the ads, no matter how minimal).

If it is possible and considered, we could figure out some backer (and maybe referral) incentives?

We have no interest, or need, for any crowdfunding. If you don't want to see ads on Bulbapedia, just make an account and stay signed in. You also gain the added benefit of being able to fix mistakes and add information to articles.

Hi! Before I begin, I have a feeling that most of the staff knows about this issue, but I'm going to explain in depth just in case. It's been bugging me for a while and I want to help fix it.

At the moment, a number of the "By Breeding" Gen VI sections on move pages look a bit messy. Since many Pokemon had moves added to their level-up learnsets in ORAS, the viable parents for a number of egg moves have increased. In a few cases, this even eliminates the need for chain breeds. The same goes for egg moves that can only be obtained through move tutors or old TMs but now have new learners/parents via the ORAS tutors.

However, since the Gen VI columns on the move pages aren't able to be split between XY and ORAS like past generations, this causes some issues. Unlike the level-up moves which can get by somewhat adequately in the current system, 'by breeding' sections cause some issues since it seems like you can't add an "ORAS" mouseover note to the Pokemon in question (though I am pretty inexperienced with wiki editing so please correct me if I'm wrong or overlooked something). According to this thread, it seemed like a new template was being made to rectify this issue, but that was over a year ago. Is it still being developed? If the new template looks unlikely to be completed soon, the only options are to include all the new parents in the breeding sections at risk of confusing XY-only players or to not include them and lack thorough easy-t0-read information for ORAS players.

Currently, on certain move pages, people have inserted the new potential parents (this looks particularly silly on the moves where chain breeds were made unnecessary like Wide Guard - where Probopass (level-up passer) and Dwebble (chain breed passer) are next to each other), but not on other pages, and a handful of pages only have this data half-entered. I recently went through the move pages and noted which moves have this issue but didn't edit any because I wanted to figure out what the official stance would be here. I'd be happy to help fill in or remove the data either way (or help splitting the Gen VI column or with the making of the new template, but that seems like staff only?).

Hi! Before I begin, I have a feeling that most of the staff knows about this issue, but I'm going to explain in depth just in case. It's been bugging me for a while and I want to help fix it.

At the moment, a number of the "By Breeding" Gen VI sections on move pages look a bit messy. Since many Pokemon had moves added to their level-up learnsets in ORAS, the viable parents for a number of egg moves have increased. In a few cases, this even eliminates the need for chain breeds. The same goes for egg moves that can only be obtained through move tutors or old TMs but now have new learners/parents via the ORAS tutors.

However, since the Gen VI columns on the move pages aren't able to be split between XY and ORAS like past generations, this causes some issues. Unlike the level-up moves which can get by somewhat adequately in the current system, 'by breeding' sections cause some issues since it seems like you can't add an "ORAS" mouseover note to the Pokemon in question (though I am pretty inexperienced with wiki editing so please correct me if I'm wrong or overlooked something). According to this thread, it seemed like a new template was being made to rectify this issue, but that was over a year ago. Is it still being developed? If the new template looks unlikely to be completed soon, the only options are to include all the new parents in the breeding sections at risk of confusing XY-only players or to not include them and lack thorough easy-t0-read information for ORAS players.

Currently, on certain move pages, people have inserted the new potential parents (this looks particularly silly on the moves where chain breeds were made unnecessary like Wide Guard - where Probopass (level-up passer) and Dwebble (chain breed passer) are next to each other), but not on other pages, and a handful of pages only have this data half-entered. I recently went through the move pages and noted which moves have this issue but didn't edit any because I wanted to figure out what the official stance would be here. I'd be happy to help fill in or remove the data either way (or help splitting the Gen VI column or with the making of the new template, but that seems like staff only?).

The concerns being discussed in that thread is something a bit different from the concern that you've brought up, but they are related. We're always looking for better ways to display information, and we're always open to suggestions & for the public to give a shot at trying to build improved templates (in the public sandbox, or their private userspace). We're still working on the upgrades to the learn lists that are featured on the hundreds of move articles, so all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Data itself generally shouldn't just be unilaterally removed, but given a better format to make things clearer. Unless it's a case of data that absolutely isn't relevant to note in the first place, of course. Chain breeding may be an easier option for XY (since trading can prove itself to be difficult at times), while just standard breeding can be simpler in ORAS (Or the opposite, in some cases). So, much like you mentioned, the information shouldn't put ORAS over XY, or XY over ORAS it should be set up to best represent both pairings. Of course, this also comes with some difficulties due to limited space. But, we'll certainly see what we can do about that.

1. We have last art for all Pokémon on Bulbapedia. But as for Rayquaza, ORAS art is totally ignored. Any specifical reason why?
Rayquaza (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

2. It's more related to forums and I'm not sure if here is the right place but please may we have default font as Verdana? Or at least could we have it optional between this one and Verdana?

1. Because the official main artwork for Rayquaza is still the same artwork as it was given in Ruby and Sapphire: Rayquaza on the official Pokédex
  2. Forum concerns regarding the XenForo software switch should be posted in this thread in the Garden Grotto. However, unless there's an add-on that can add such functionality, the font used by the forum is set on each skin and cannot be made user-selectable beyond that.

The concerns being discussed in that thread is something a bit different from the concern that you've brought up, but they are related. We're always looking for better ways to display information, and we're always open to suggestions & for the public to give a shot at trying to build improved templates (in the public sandbox, or their private userspace). We're still working on the upgrades to the learn lists that are featured on the hundreds of move articles, so all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Data itself generally shouldn't just be unilaterally removed, but given a better format to make things clearer. Unless it's a case of data that absolutely isn't relevant to note in the first place, of course. Chain breeding may be an easier option for XY (since trading can prove itself to be difficult at times), while just standard breeding can be simpler in ORAS (Or the opposite, in some cases). So, much like you mentioned, the information shouldn't put ORAS over XY, or XY over ORAS it should be set up to best represent both pairings. Of course, this also comes with some difficulties due to limited space. But, we'll certainly see what we can do about that.

Indeed, I was thinking that removing the information was probably a bad idea. I think for now I'll update the egg moves to remain consistent with the pages that already have that information filled in and see what I can do about making a better template once that's done. Thanks for the response!

I'm just wondering if it would be feasible to include the Pokemon Classic Network through AltWFC, from Pokémon Classic Network; I see that you have glitch pages, and I wonder if you guys accept mods to be listed, since it deals with many of the official games (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black2/White2) and would be an interesting development for the ones that are interested in getting their games back online since Nintendo canceled their Wifi Connection for them a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom