• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Wanted pages - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

A lot of the broken pages here, such as Legendary Beasts and Talk:Version-exclusive Pokémon refer to existing pages, but since nobody redirected them, they remain here. Can anyone redirect them, or better, can anyone tell me how to redirect them? Because these clutter the missing link list.
They shouldn't be redirected, the links should be changed on the pages using the old locations. If you're unable to fix the links yourself, such as if a page is protected, please ask a staff member to fix them.

They shouldn't be redirected, the links should be changed on the pages using the old locations. If you're unable to fix the links yourself, such as if a page is protected, please ask a staff member to fix them.
Most of those empty links are on User pages themselves, some of which are retained due to being old responses.

So, the only logical way I can go is that I would have to talk individual users and annoy them to hell, or just let those broken links clutter the cache.

Most of those empty links are on User pages themselves, some of which are retained due to being old responses.

So, the only logical way I can go is that I would have to talk individual users and annoy them to hell, or just let those broken links clutter the cache.
Our policies allow for users to fix problematic broken links on other users' talk pages & user pages without requiring permission from the user. As I noted, if for any reason you're unable to fix a broken link yourself, you can ask a staff member to fix them. There's absolutely no reason to have to bother the users whose pages happen to have broken links.

XY-P Black Star Promos (KTCG) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

shows Hawlucha as 010/XY-P
my HawluchaEX is 009/XY-P

b2Q3q7H.jpg

What is the policy regarding dub titles? I noticed that many of the XY ones were getting removed lately because they were either fake or wrong, to the point that after the episode aired, another set of additions are made.

What is the policy regarding dub titles? I noticed that many of the XY ones were getting removed lately because they were either fake or wrong, to the point that after the episode aired, another set of additions are made.

Like all other info on Bulbapedia, episode titles need to come from a legitimate source. No random "leaks", regardless of the person's track record.

can't register on the bulbapedia wiki. keeps giving me an error that says I filled out the captcha wrong, but I'm pretty damn positive I got it right every time. what do I do?

I know Bulbapedia follows a pretty definite system for main anime series episodes, but would it be wrong if we create shortcuts/redirects for the XY&Z arc? I ask because many people out there label those episodes as "XYZ07", "XYZ18", etc, so using that system to redirect them to the standard "XY" numeration used in Bulbapedia (XY099, XY110, etc) would make those episodes much easier to find, in my opinion.

I was actually just going to do it since I don't see how it could hurt, but I wanted to ask anyway because episode numbering is kind of an important task in Bulbapedia.

I know Bulbapedia follows a pretty definite system for main anime series episodes, but would it be wrong if we create shortcuts/redirects for the XY&Z arc? I ask because many people out there label those episodes as "XYZ07", "XYZ18", etc, so using that system to redirect them to the standard "XY" numeration used in Bulbapedia (XY099, XY110, etc) would make those episodes much easier to find, in my opinion.

I was actually just going to do it since I don't see how it could hurt, but I wanted to ask anyway because episode numbering is kind of an important task in Bulbapedia.

We're currently working on plans to fix up some of the episode ordering, so it would be appreciated that you not make any such redirects at this time. We will consider your redirect suggestion along with our episode ordering plans.

As usual I noticed that Bulbapedia has a page on the latest Twitchplayspokemon run, and as a TPP Crystal 251 developer (if mods want proof of this, I can provide if you tell me the form of proof you want) I was looking for ways to document the large amount of changes made to the game (which include plot changes, move-learn overhauls, base stat changes, map changes and full wild location overhauls) and was wondering if Bulbapedia would be willing to help with this. This would probably involve making a subpage for each route and area, each of the 251 gen 2 pokemon (to cover movepools and stat changes) and a few covering miscellaneous mechanics changes. It should be capable of using exiting templates, but may need to pull data off of it's own tables (the move changes in particular do not line up with any single generation). This data would enhance current documentation of the event by detailing what exactly had changed, so it is more then simply a repository of data on a ROMhack.

If this is the wrong place to ask please point me to the right place.

As usual I noticed that Bulbapedia has a page on the latest Twitchplayspokemon run, and as a TPP Crystal 251 developer (if mods want proof of this, I can provide if you tell me the form of proof you want) I was looking for ways to document the large amount of changes made to the game (which include plot changes, move-learn overhauls, base stat changes, map changes and full wild location overhauls) and was wondering if Bulbapedia would be willing to help with this. This would probably involve making a subpage for each route and area, each of the 251 gen 2 pokemon (to cover movepools and stat changes) and a few covering miscellaneous mechanics changes. It should be capable of using exiting templates, but may need to pull data off of it's own tables (the move changes in particular do not line up with any single generation). This data would enhance current documentation of the event by detailing what exactly had changed, so it is more then simply a repository of data on a ROMhack.

If this is the wrong place to ask please point me to the right place.
While TPP is notable, I'm sorry to say there's approximately 0 likelihood we'll do something like create a subpage of every location to dedicate to Crystal 251. Our primary concern is very much official games. When something like TPP breaks onto the scene in a significant way, then it can earn a page in our wiki, but there's a definite limit to how far we should reasonably go in that coverage--and that limit is at least at "covering it practically like an official game". =P

I am reading this article: List of Pokémon Trading Card Game Online decks.

Regarding the BW Basic Decks, the article states; "As of September 3, 2015 with the release of version 2.31, all cards from the final deck are automatically included with a user's collection. As such, these decks are no longer available as a theme deck, and cannot be used in the Trainer Challenge.".

I joined in February 2016 and I can confirm that the starting collection of cards each new user is given do not include the cards necessary to construct any of the BW Basic decks (BW Red, Green, Blue). I did not take the time to examine each card in each deck but you can easily check the very first card listed in the full version on each decks page to confirm my claim. I assume that after XY became the latest expansion, that the cards people started with also changed to reflect this.

I was really excited to see I might be able to build some more official theme decks, and for free at that, so I think the message on this page should be revised so folks like me who joined after date X won't get their hopes up. By the way, this wiki page is phenomenal and I can't thank you guys enough for putting this wonderful resource together!

Well the image would be this one.....

but the Troll face only shows up on the "List of XY Series episodes" page. If you click on the image or go into the article for XY112 itself the image shows up just fine.

Back
Top Bottom