• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Have a good idea for Bulbapedia? See some content that needs added or needs fixing? Say it here!

I've noticed that there are far too many individual threads saying "Hey Pedia dudes I can has good idea." Let's make it simple for both the people who post the ideas and the people who look at them.

Hello. I am Turkish Pokemon fan. There are lots of Pokemon fans in Turkey but they can't reach informations about Pokemon easily so i want to help them. I want to create alternative language for Bulbapedia, Turkish. Could i help you for this ? Could i do that ?

You know that contest that was running on Bulbapedia for 10 copies of the games? If you didn't get an email response does that mean you're not entered? (I didn't use one of the emails they mentioned that wouldn't get a response, but it was an email service that's from my own country...

I suggest that I get editlock-exempt because recently I have seen some Russian names being added to Bulba without geting any transliteration, and I want to fix that.

I suggest that I get editlock-exempt because recently I have seen some Russian names being added to Bulba without geting any transliteration, and I want to fix that.
Russian transliterations are extremely low priority at this time, so we cannot approve this suggestion/request.

@Dizzard I would suggest directing your question to the contest thread, or directly asking Archaic about this, if you haven't already done so.

Someone might want to update Template:Alola with all the locations in Sun and Moon. I've gone ahead and edited the code in the spoiler. There are several named routes in addition to numbered ones, which go up to Route 17. And, for the record, there is no such location as Lili'i Town, so I don't know where the heck that came from.
{| class="roundy" style="margin:auto; text-align:center; border: 2px solid #{{alola color dark}}; background: #{{alola color}}"
|-
! class="roundytop" style="background: #{{alola color light}}" | [[Alola|{{color|000|Alola}}]]<!--
|-
|
{| class="roundy" style="margin:auto; text-align:center; background: #{{alola color light}}"
|-
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{normal color dark}}; background: #{{normal color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Ilima.png|40px|link=Ilima]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{fighting color dark}}; background: #{{fighting color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Hala.png|40px|link=Hala]]
! style="width: 10px" |
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{water color dark}}; background: #{{water color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Lana.png|40px|link=Lana]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{fire color dark}}; background: #{{fire color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Kiawe.png|40px|link=Kiawe]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{grass color dark}}; background: #{{grass color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Mallow.png|40px|link=Mallow]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{rock color dark}}; background: #{{rock color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Olivia.png|40px|link=Olivia]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{electric color dark}}; background: #{{electric color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Sophocles.png|40px|link=Sophocles]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{ghost color dark}}; background: #{{ghost color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Acerola.png|40px|link=Acerola]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{dark color dark}}; background: #{{dark color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Nanu.png|40px|link=Nanu]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{dragon color dark}}; background: #{{dragon color light}}" | [[File:None.png|40px|link=Alola]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{fairy color dark}}; background: #{{fairy color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Mina.png|40px|link=Mina]]
! class="roundy" style="border: 2px solid #{{ground color dark}}; background: #{{ground color light}}" | [[File:Sun Moon Hapu.png|40px|link=Hapu]]
|}-->
|-
|
{| width="700px" class="roundy" style="margin:auto; text-align:center; background: #FFF; border: 2px solid #{{alola color dark}}"
|-
| style="background:#FFF; font-size: 90%" | '''Islands'''<br>[[Melemele Island]] • [[Akala Island]] • [[Ula'ula Island]] • [[Poni Island]] • [[Aether Paradise]]
|-
| style="background:#FFF; font-size: 90%" | '''Settlements'''<br>[[Iki Town]] • [[Hau'oli City]] • [[Heahea City]] • [[Royal Avenue]] • [[Hano Grand Resort]] • [[Konikoni City]] • [[Malie City]] • [[Tapu Village]] • [[Po Town]] • [[Sea Folk Village]] • [[Pokémon League (Alola)|Pokémon League]]
|-
| style="background:#FFF; font-size: 90%" | '''[[Route|{{color|000|Routes}}]]'''<br>{{rtn|1|Alola}} • {{rtn|2|Alola}} • {{rtn|3|Alola}} • {{rtn|4|Alola}} • {{rtn|5|Alola}} • {{rtn|6|Alola}} • {{rtn|7|Alola}} • {{rtn|8|Alola}} • {{rtn|9|Alola}} • {{rtn|10|Alola}} • {{rtn|11|Alola}} • {{rtn|12|Alola}} • {{rtn|13|Alola}} • {{rtn|14|Alola}} • {{rtn|15|Alola}} • {{rtn|16|Alola}} • {{rtn|17|Alola}} • [[Melemele Sea]] • [[Kala'e Bay]] • [[Hano Beach]] • [[Secluded Shore]] • [[Poni Wilds]] • [[Ancient Poni Path]] • [[Poni Breaker Coast]] • [[Poni Grove]] • [[Poni Plains]] • [[Poni Coast]] • [[Poni Gauntlet]]
|-
| style="background:#FFF; font-size: 90%" | '''Landmarks'''<br>[[Trainer's School]] • [[Hau'oli Cemetery]] • [[Berry Fields (Alola)|Berry Fields]] • [[Verdant Cavern]] • [[Melemele Meadow]] • [[Seaward Cave]] • [[Ten Carat Hill]] • [[Mahalo Trail]] • [[Ruins of Conflict]] • [[Dimensional Research Lab]] • [[Tide Song Hotel]] • [[Brooklet Hill]] • [[Lush Jungle]] • [[Wela Volcano Park]] • [[Diglett's Tunnel]] • [[Memorial Hill]] • [[Akala Outskirts]] • [[Ruins of Life]] • [[Malie Garden]] • [[Blush Mountain]] • [[Geothermal Power Plant]] • [[Haina Desert]] • [[Ruins of Abundance]] • [[Aether House]] • [[Ula'ula Meadow]] • [[Lake of the Sunne/Moone]] • [[Mount Hokulani]] • [[Mount Lanakila]] • [[Exeggutor Island]] • [[Vast Poni Canyon]] • [[Altar of the Sunne/Moone]] • [[Ruins of Hope]] • [[Battle Tree]] • [[Festival Plaza]] • [[Poké Pelago]]
|-
| style="background:#FFF; font-size: 90%" | '''Access to:'''<br>[[Ultra Space]]
|}
|}

The game is also rather haphazard about trials and kahunas and stuff... So for the top of the template, I would suggest either just showing the four Grand Trial symbols (which are basically badges), or showing the Z-Crystals for each type (this is what the save file displays in place of badges, or symbols, or whatever).

Russian transliterations are extremely low priority at this time, so we cannot approve this suggestion/request.

@Dizzard I would suggest directing your question to the contest thread, or directly asking Archaic about this, if you haven't already done so.
I understan that. I have written them down on a piece of paper now so I won't forget.

In the mean time could I ask of someone when they have the time to update my list of Russian Pokémon names with dexnumbers and such and leave the missing Pokémon hidden or obmitted for now. That would be nice, thank you.

Hi! I just wanted to point out a few things about the new move template while all the moves are being converted to the new format (I'm assuming the change is being implemented for all moves). I like the new idea, as it does remove the ridiculously long list of parents, and I'm guessing the Pokemon types have been changed to Egg groups so that the reader themselves can determine who are available as parents. Few things:
- If the move is learnt by a baby, things get a bit more complex which may or may not be confusing to the reader (e.g. Pichu learns Bestow by breeding. If the reader reads up to the Pokemon who learn it by level up, they may falsely assume that Togepi is a viable parent. Or more likely, they'll have to check the Egg group for Pikachu/Raichu which is a hassle)
- If a Pokemon obtains a move by chain breeding, it isn't currently noted on this new table (e.g. Pumpkaboo and Bestow). This shouldn't be difficult to add to the current table
- This is a random point, but avid trivia lovers will start to add "(Pokemon) is the only (type) to learn this move". These have been removed in the past, with most people arguing that it is obvious from looking above at the list of Pokemon. But since they are now no longer as obvious, will these sorts of trivia become notable? (Note: I'm not a huge fan of them)

These are just a few things that might be able to be addressed before the template is rolled out fully :)

- If the move is learnt by a baby, things get a bit more complex which may or may not be confusing to the reader (e.g. Pichu learns Bestow by breeding. If the reader reads up to the Pokemon who learn it by level up, they may falsely assume that Togepi is a viable parent. Or more likely, they'll have to check the Egg group for Pikachu/Raichu which is a hassle)
They can check Pikachu/Raichu, yes.

- If a Pokemon obtains a move by chain breeding, it isn't currently noted on this new table (e.g. Pumpkaboo and Bestow). This shouldn't be difficult to add to the current table
Notes were overlooked in the template, but they will probably be added in again.

- This is a random point, but avid trivia lovers will start to add "(Pokemon) is the only (type) to learn this move". These have been removed in the past, with most people arguing that it is obvious from looking above at the list of Pokemon. But since they are now no longer as obvious, will these sorts of trivia become notable? (Note: I'm not a huge fan of them)
I don't feel that sort of thing is notable anyway, unless maybe the type in question is the same as the move's type. You'd have to make a very strong and well thought out argument, more than just pretty much, "Well it's true".

What we need to for the Pokémon who DON'T have official artwork, is set the Dream artwork, so they have something, sallazle for example

Would it be possible to have an option to automatically load the desktop version of Bulbapedia on all devices? The mobile site is fine on a phone with a small screen, but it's just big and clunky on a full size tablet screen. Additionally, when using a landscape orientation to view the site, the page-ad covers up the entire bottom quarter of the screen in mobile mode.

I recently noticed the revamped levels table design and to make it clear, I'm not really in favor of it because IMO it's more beneficial to know the typings of the Mons that learn a move and not just their egg groups.

Furthermore, I preferred the original method of showing when the Mon learns the attack in each gen with a white number on a colored BG (or a checkmark with TM's and tutors), with a fully white square meaning it couldn't be leaned via levelup. I also liked how the windows in the column were divided into two if the level to learn a move was raised/lowered between generations, each half given a color based on the games it was adjusted between instead of the generations's color (whereas now it just puts small letters like "XY and "ORAS").

If I could, I would suggest the following:

• Return to the original learnset table style (complete with white numbers/checks over colored BG's instead of black numbers/checks over white BG's, but update them to add a seventh column for Generation VII (using it's red-orange color)
  • Add a proper "same generation change" column divider for XY/ORAS. The XY side would use a Y-colored letter/checkmark on an X-colored background, while ORAS uses an AS-colored number/checkmark on an OR background. When Star rolls around, SM's half is a Moon-colored number/checkmark on a Sun-colored background.
  • After the typings of the Pokemon and before the Generation I column, add a column for egg groups, but with the groups' titles abbreviated so they don't eat up as much space as they do in the current version. (perhaps five of six letters max per group)

Last edited:
I recently noticed the revamped levels table design and to make it clear, I'm not really in favor of it because IMO it's more beneficial to know the typings of the Mons that learn a move and not just their egg groups.

Furthermore, I preferred the original method of showing when the Mon learns the attack in each gen with a white number on a colored BG (or a checkmark with TM's and tutors), with a fully white square meaning it couldn't be leaned via levelup. I also liked how the windows in the column were divided into two if the level to learn a move was raised/lowered between generations, each half given a color based on the games it was adjusted between instead of the generations's color (whereas now it just puts small letters like "XY and "ORAS").

If I could, I would suggest the following:

• Return to the original learnset table style (complete with white numbers/checks over colored BG's instead of black numbers/checks over white BG's, but update them to add a seventh column for Generation VII (using it's red-orange color)
  • Add a proper "same generation change" column divider for XY/ORAS. The XY side would use a Y-colored letter/checkmark on an X-colored background, while ORAS uses an AS-colored number/checkmark on an OR background. When Star rolls around, SM's half is a Moon-colored number/checkmark on a Sun-colored background.
  • After the typings of the Pokemon and before the Generation I column, add a column for egg groups, but with the groups' titles abbreviated so they don't eat up as much space as they do in the current version. (perhaps five of six letters max per group)

I want to reiterate this. I don't really have anything to add but why would I want to know the egg groups of the Pokemon learning the move? Frankly, it's useless information. If you must have it there, then you shouldn't have taken out the typing. Knowing the typing of a Pokemon that learns the move is really beneficial imo.

I just wanted to say this so that people would know it is not only one person upset with this change. I agree with EVERYTHING this person has said and suggested.

The main benefit of typing is already communicated by our STAB formatting: if a Pokemon gets STAB from a move, their name is bolded. For any Pokemon that doesn't get STAB, the typings are kind of useless.

Egg Groups are good because they allow people to use all of the information that's already on the rest of the page to look for breeding matchups themselves, instead of us having to bloat the By breeding section with a list of parents (which is always a pain to make/maintain, as well).

The main benefit of typing is already communicated by our STAB formatting: if a Pokemon gets STAB from a move, their name is bolded. For any Pokemon that doesn't get STAB, the typings are kind of useless.

Egg Groups are good because they allow people to use all of the information that's already on the rest of the page to look for breeding matchups themselves, instead of us having to bloat the By breeding section with a list of parents (which is always a pain to make/maintain, as well).
Agreed, that breeding section is hard to maintain. But another (small) thing I'd like to ask is whether the columns can be slightly widened. For example, in Quick Attack, for Grovyle, it learns Quick Attack at level 1 and 9 in ORAS, but this gets split into two rows. I'm not sure if it's just my browser/computer, but if the column width could be widened slightly, the 1, 9 ORAS would fit in one line.
And by the way, do you when the edit lock will be removed? My fingers are itching to edit :)

Last edited:
Agreed, that breeding section is hard to maintain. But another (small) thing I'd like to ask is whether the columns can be slightly widened. For example, in Quick Attack, for Grovyle, it learns Quick Attack at level 1 and 9 in ORAS, but this gets split into two rows. I'm not sure if it's just my browser/computer, but if the column width could be widened slightly, the 1, 9 ORAS would fit in one line.
And by the way, do you when the edit lock will be removed? My fingers are itching to edit :)
No, I'm not entirely sure, but a decent gauge may be how many Alolan locations have their pages created. I imagine we'll at least have to have pages for all the routes and cities (and likely the rest as well).

Core Enforcer
Dragon Type
Special
100 Power
100 Accuracy
Description:
If the Pokémon the user has inflicted damage on have already used their moves, this move eliminates the effect of the target's Ability.

Hey, so I have a possible description for Dhelmise to go on its page, and I was wondering how to get it noticed by someone who could edit it in. Any help or feedback appreciated!

Dhelmise is a Pokémon made up of an anchor and ship's wheel, held together by a mass of green seaweed. The anchor is a rusty brown color and mottled with blackish spots. The seaweed, which is Dhelmise's true body, partially envelops the thick, curved bottom of the anchor in a zigzag fashion, leaving empty spaces that look like sharp teeth. The seaweed continues upward to cover the anchor's entire thin shank, as well as what appears to be a round, nose-like hub on the top. The ship's wheel, colored lavender with yellow details, is affixed to the back of this hub by its center and able to rotate freely. The noticably damaged wheel features six spokes and four yellow handles, as well as two lavender stubs where the other handles should be. A simple compass, resembling an eye, is set into a disc-shaped component on one side of the wheel; mirroring this is an identical disc on the opposite side, though nothing is set into it.

Nvm, it got accepted.

Last edited:
I don't have the Sun & Moon games, but I am curious as to whether it has the "Pokemon by body shape" search function, and if so, if anyone could compile a list for the new Pokemon, since the Pedia doesn't have these yet (and since X & Y had this function, I think Sun & Moon should too).

I was also wondering if the Alolan forms are classified as different colors as their regular counterparts, e.g. Alolan Vulpix being white or blue instead of brown. If they do, I would also appreciate a list of these.

That's all, thank you. :)

EDIT: I see this is being worked at now, thanks again!

Last edited:
All the pointless banners at the top of the articles are severely limiting the usability of this site.
"...currently locked..."
"Check BNN..."
"...words, words, words..."
"Visit our brand new section for..."
"Visit our new Sun & Moon section..."

I'm just trying to build a spreadsheet of Pokemon I own, but thanks to all that pap, I need to scroll down every time I view a new species to see any relevant information. And as you know, there's a lot of species to check.

Back
Top Bottom