• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I've brought up my proposed changes to the generation articles to cover more than just main series games several times, but I've never gotten any responses. Do I need to come up with a more convincing argument?

PokéToons
We need a page on this short, hell Mimikyu and Scraggy's galleries have screenshots and and concept art from their appearances in the short.

Howcome when translating episode titles and the like, the site's policy is to keep the franchise-specific terminology as-is and put the equivalent English terms as a tooltip? Translating hadou as "wave-guiding" sounds clunky, for example.

Greetings!
I'm asking for clarifications on following issue:
In Fire Red [Emulator (U)(Independent)] my lvl 27 Poliwrath (nature: jolly, item: quick claw) by using Hypnosis puts the several Ponytas [different trainer battles at Cinnabar Gym] to sleep. While it said the sleep is to lasts 2-5 turns in Gen III, and Ponytas not having early bird as their possible special abillities – issued Ponytas was able to awaken even on same turn. Hadn't yet checked any other Ponytas or properly researched others pokemons.
Why such thing may happens?

Greetings!
I'm asking for clarifications on following issue:
In Fire Red [Emulator (U)(Independent)] my lvl 27 Poliwrath (nature: jolly, item: quick claw) by using Hypnosis puts the several Ponytas [different trainer battles at Cinnabar Gym] to sleep. While it said the sleep is to lasts 2-5 turns in Gen III, and Ponytas not having early bird as their possible special abillities – issued Ponytas was able to awaken even on same turn. Hadn't yet checked any other Ponytas or properly researched others pokemons.
Why such thing may happens?
Bad luck, sincerely.

I am unable to access the history and talk pages for many different pages because the tabs for them aren't appearing (see image below). I've even tried clicking in the spaces where they're supposed to be, but nothing happens.

Last edited:
There might be something wrong with the whole page coding system, so some maintenance is needed to fix it as the only way to keep up on edits for the time being is Recent Changes.

There might be something wrong with the whole page coding system, so some maintenance is needed to fix it as the only way to keep up on edits for the time being is Recent Changes.
I've seen some suggestions to switch to vector view for the time being because that displays as normal.

On "Fantasy in my pocket" should we mention on the page it was used in the teaser trailer for the 1st movie, I can't edit because I CAN'T LOG IN.

Something that's been bothering me for years is the usage of the CELAC flag to represent Latin America in language infoboxes and the like. As much as it is an IGO that attempts to streamline relationships between most Latin American governments, it barely represents either the Latin American territory or the people per se, let alone the commercial distribution of Pokémon merchandise.

It's only used in Bulbapedia because it's the closest to a flag you can attribute to us (it's not even an official flag, it's the logo placed over a rectangular background with an arbitrarily chosen color). But the truth is that CELAC is not our "European Union", barely anyone working outside of politics even knows that such an organization exists.

There's also the fact that Brazil suspended their participation and thus can't be placed within the flag, meaning it can't even represent Latin America in a political context either. The CELAC websites haven't been updated with this information even though the suspension happened 17 months ago, which further proves not even them are a trustworthy source of information on the matter. It appears their online presence has been entirely abandoned since 2011.

I strongly suggest the CELAC flag to be disregarded in Bulbapedia. Even though I wish we had a flag or a symbol to represent us, I'm afraid the only alternative is a map with the Latin American territory highlighted, similar to what Wikipedia does.

One suggestion I have might be a tricky one to implement, but extremely unnecessary, but I think it would be cool if you could press a button that toggles the sprite between the 2d and 3d sprite for pokemon on the list of pokemon by national pokedex. I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I think it would be very cool to see that.

Here is an example of what it would look like with Bulbasaur. Perhaps it could even be implemented for each generation? That would be pretty sick, but would probably be very hard.

1626560299287.png

Tweets have problems loading on threads (the ones in the sidebar from official bulbagarden accounts load just fine) for me.
I am using Chrome with the ORAS style, and I have made sure that any extension that might be problematic has whitelisted the site.

EDIT: after surfing Bulbapedia a bit, I have noticed that outside of its page, Pokèmon UNITE isn't mentioned anywhere else. That includes the pages of playable Pokèmon. Though it's likely due to the game's recent release.

Last edited:
Has there been an intentional slash to the Bulbapedia shipping pages?

@TRNatalie and I spent ages carefully moderating the contents of the Rocketshipping one to produce a concise but comprehensive list of 'hints' by episode to make it easy for fans to cherry pick episodes to watch. This entire work has been wiped (hilariously, I note, on my wedding day when I was too distracted to pay heed LOL) and I notice for example the Pokeshipping article has had the same treatment, whilst many others have been culled altogether?! The only exception appears to be the Amourshipping page which remains as bloated and unusable as ever...

Last I spoke to Luna (.aka. ArcToraphim .aka. the named Bulbapedia Head of Shipping) in 2020, these pages were held under significantly looser rules compared to the rest of the 'pedia due to the inherently subjective nature of shipping. So... has this viewpoint now officially shifted, or are these massive changes the actions of one rogue editor?

Mine and Nat's version of the Rocketshipping entry got great feedback from other fans about how useful it was. I would be gunning to have it restored.

Has there been an intentional slash to the Bulbapedia shipping pages?

@TRNatalie and I spent ages carefully moderating the contents of the Rocketshipping one to produce a concise but comprehensive list of 'hints' by episode to make it easy for fans to cherry pick episodes to watch. This entire work has been wiped (hilariously, I note, on my wedding day when I was too distracted to pay heed LOL) and I notice for example the Pokeshipping article has had the same treatment, whilst many others have been culled altogether?! The only exception appears to be the Amourshipping page which remains as bloated and unusable as ever...

Last I spoke to Luna (.aka. ArcToraphim .aka. the named Bulbapedia Head of Shipping) in 2020, these pages were held under significantly looser rules compared to the rest of the 'pedia due to the inherently subjective nature of shipping. So... has this viewpoint now officially shifted, or are these massive changes the actions of one rogue editor?

Mine and Nat's version of the Rocketshipping entry got great feedback from other fans about how useful it was. I would be gunning to have it restored.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbapedia_talk:Project_Shipping#Bulbapedia_and_Shipping

Hello, I had been going through some of the character pages pertaining to Pokemon Masters and had noticed on https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ethan_(Masters), specifically the trivia section, that it was not mentioned that Ethan is based on the player character of the Johto games, which I thought would be established as the case since he's not the daycare couple's grandchild and was said to have been involved in Silver's development. Is there something preventing that from being added?

Back
Top Bottom