• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

On the main page it is difficult to keep up with the Twitter messages since there is no longer a scroll option for me to scroll down with.

I'm not really a wiz when it comes to image extraction or else I'd do it myself, so I figure I'll at least mention it here.

I was looking through Bulbagarden Archives in the game artwork section for SwSh, and like, you know how some Pokémon/forms have secondary pieces of art, depicting the use of a move or some other action? Here's an example:

003Venusaur-Gigantamax_2.png

Well, there are a few of those missing from the Archives, for Pokémon/forms that came out prior to the Expansion Pass. Near as I can tell, the pieces of art that are missing are for G-Max Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth, Butterfree, and Snorlax, as well as Rolycoly, Obstagoon, Cramorant, and Sirfetch'd.

I've got a suggestion: could we have a page (or pages) for NPC dialogue (like for regular trainers on routes, Gym Trainers, Battle Chateau trainers, etc.) It would take a long time, but there have been several points where I've had to spend hours looking at Let's Plays or booting up my game just to see a certain NPC's dialogue and what their name is.

Working on compiling a list of all Pokemon games by sales figures (and obviously it would be noted where the figures came from as well as how current the figures are). Is this something that would be allowed as a page on Bulbapedia? I think it would be cool to see at a glance how each of the games stack up to each other sales-wise. Obviously, if a game doesn't have any official sales data, it would not be included. Would VGChartz sales data be acceptable?

I have seen that there are pages of the types and the Pokemon who are a part of these types were listed there. I could not find a Generation specific list. Would be nice if for example you go to fire type and could filter to only see the Pokemon who are fire type in Gen 3 or something.

I have a suggestion. I really liked when, a couple years ago I think, Bulbapedia had the region & # of the pokemon in the regions it appeared in. Now I have to go to the pokedex and look the pokemon up to see which region it appeared in. Can the owner or mods add that feature back into the info boxes on every pokemon?

This is an odd thing to bring up, and is very minor, but I noticed something about a note on Tapu Bulu's name in Japanese. Bulu is not Hawaiian for bull, and is furthermore not possible in Hawaiian, since it doesn't have a "b" sound. (and neither is fini, because no "f" sound") If I were to speculate, it is rendered this way because it "looks" Hawaiian. The statement that it is based on the English "bull" that is already on the page should suffice.

Is there a better way to present each card's Bulbapedia entry? The paragraph listing each release/date/artist/set is not an optimal presentation of the information when it could just be listed in a table format. In fact, there are 4 different areas they could seemingly be consolidated into a singular, albeit long, table.

Much easier to match the card art with set & artist & relevant information if they were all connected as opposed to being separate. The table on the right is especially bad at presenting information.

Who manages the team? Doesn't seem like there is any way to check who is in charge of editing pages or projects? And most queries and suggestions seem to be ignored.

New guy who only just stumbled upon these forums here, hoping this is the right thread for this question. Any estimate on when the new Legends Arceus Pokemon and Hisuian Forms (excluding those officially revealed before the game came out, like Kleavor, Hisuian Growlithe, etc.) will receive official artwork at the tops of their Bulbapedia pages instead of game sprites? Like, how right now Sneasel's page has official art for standard/"Johtoan" Sneasel but an extracted game sprite for Hisuian Sneasel, Wyrdeer has official art on its Bulbapedia page but Sneasler and Ursaluna have extracted sprites, etc.

On the Pokemon with form differences page, Dialga and Palkia's comparison templates have two different sizes, which looks really weird IMO.

It's really easy to make the same size- just remove the line break after "using" and include a form name for the current form.

But that gets into the issue of what to name this original form- is there anything in canon that gives it?

On the Pokemon with form differences page, Dialga and Palkia's comparison templates have two different sizes, which looks really weird IMO.

It's really easy to make the same size- just remove the line break after "using" and include a form name for the current form.

But that gets into the issue of what to name this original form- is there anything in canon that gives it?
I don't think there's any official name for them yet. Rather than putting an unofficial name, though, could just put a "-" in that spot?

(Not sure if it belongs here or in the Edit Request thread, so feel free to move it if necessary)

I found two mistakes in the ranking table of the World Coronation Series article:
1) Leon: Rank carried over from past season, Monarch.
--> It was in the battle against Lance that Leon become "monarch". This was confirmed in the Japanese episode while his status/rank before that battle was not explicitly stated.

2) Lance: Ranking 2
--> While people might assume that Lance must have been second place because he battled with Leon for the title of champion, Lance's rank wasn't officially confirmed in the original episode.

I think the Pokemon stats template is broken on Chrome. If you use the template with a 0 in a certain stat, it just expands to infinity (from what I gather it's probably because the border attribute is dividing by 0 in the CSS). It's not really a problem with Bulbapedia itself since Firefox handles this just fine and Chrome might change how it handles this, but I thought someone might want to know. Example here: 4 h.

I think the Pokemon stats template is broken on Chrome. If you use the template with a 0 in a certain stat, it just expands to infinity (from what I gather it's probably because the border attribute is dividing by 0 in the CSS). It's not really a problem with Bulbapedia itself since Firefox handles this just fine and Chrome might change how it handles this, but I thought someone might want to know. Example here: 4 h.
I'm viewing on Chrome and it looks fine?
1646812487587.png

Someone on Discord wanted Bulbapedia to have HotCat. However, I think it should just be a gadget to be enabled in the user preferences.

To make sure the MediaWiki software treats it as a gadget, a staff member should create a page called MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js with the following content:
JavaScript:
window.hotcat_translations_from_commons = true;

/*
 This imports the latest version of HotCat from Commons.
 HotCat is a gadget to make changes to categories much easier.
 Full documentation can be found at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Gadget-HotCat
*/
mw.loader.load( '//commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript' );

And because we don't like empty gadget descriptions, the following pages should also be created:

TitleContent
MediaWiki:Gadget-LegacyToolbar2006Enable the legacy (2006) editing toolbar
MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat[[wp:WP:HOTCAT|HotCat]]: easy category manipulation

Would really like if our quote pages included context on the conversation, like on Poképédia. It looks like this:

Quotes [for X]

X: Bladibladibladi.
Y: Replyiplyiplyi.

Back
Top Bottom