• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I feel like a lot of the notes on game move errors should be removed, because most of them are variations of "this Pokémon cannot legitimately learn that move", and the other move errors pages don't have that much redundancy.

Is there any interest in expanding on the Pokegods page? I've been doing a worldbuilding project and I've been doing research into Pokegods for it, and have noticed things such as the GameShark codes and glitch Pokemon they were tied to and some methods of obtaining, and there's currently only one source used on the Pokegods page anyway. If there's an interest I could edit the page but it may be too niche.

Peeps, we need to do something about the featured article system. It appears to have been deprecated, with the latest nomination being from the 7th July, 2011. Our policies and standards have changed since then, and as the system is supposed to highlight the articles that exemplify our goals, we need to brush some dust of it.

I think there should be a different category classification of Pokémon ownership status regarding to the anime ever since Goh's Suicune turned the whole "release" concept on its head. By all accounts, Suicune would be considered a released Pokémon since it left Cerise Park to continue purifying the water and hasn't really returned save for a recent episode. But the only reason Suicune is not considered released is because it went back to its Poke Ball to show that it desires Goh to be its trainer and partner.

But if Suicune is still considered Goh's Pokémon because Goh still has the Poke Ball, then it raises a lot of questions regarding the other "released" Pokémon, especially in recent series. Starting in DP, the anime introduced a new visual mechanism of releasing Pokémon, which is a blue light beam. DP also shows that a Pokémon already registered by a Poke Ball cannot be caught even if said Pokémon is far away from its trainer. So already, there's a modern way when it comes to releasing Pokémon.

And then you have evidence that Ash didn't release his Pokémon in XY. He could call upon Goodra just by contacting the old man monitoring the marshlands and while the guy doesn't personally train or care Goodra, he's still acts like Liza in that he will deliver Goodra as Ash would request. It's pretty much like Charizard minus the whole training aspect. There's no indication that Ash has to recatch Goodra, which would indicate that he actually released it. And then Sun and Moon reveal that Ash deposited 5 Poke Balls before going to Alola. There's no reason to believe that Ash would dump five Poke Balls to Oak if he released two of them and only had three Pokémon to deposit. But then again, did he really release them?

Of course, you can argue it's all speculations, but I feel that Released is no longer as certain as it once was, with DP introducing a new method of release (which is forsaking ownership and allowing another trainer to catch the formerly owned Pokémon) and Journeys showing that caught Pokémon can still venture into the wilds as far as they like, as seen with Ash's Infernape and Goh's Suicune.

Helping hand is missing on Togekiss's Gen 7 moveset. It can be obtained by transfer from XD. That is all.

cheers.

Maybe adding an article on Hayashi Yuuki would be good? It seems that he's worked on the soundtrack for a few Pokemon games, and the anime as well.

Additionally, I can't make a page about this yet, but under Project Music, there needs to be a page for the new Journeys soundtrack, Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Vol.2. I have info about it, but don't have the privileges to make it quite yet~

I've been thinking about how generation pages such cover more than just the main series again, and this part of Generation 8's trivia bothers me:
The first one applies to SwSh and PLA. The second applies to SwSh. The third and its sub-bullet applies to BDSP and a spinoff, which is the first time I've seen one acknowledged on a generation page. The last two refer to the Pokémon introduced rather than any specific games, but the fossil one is also on the Galar article. I think it'd be better if we moved the first two to SwSh's article and changed "only" to "first".

Please make your top menu bar sticky so i dont have to scroll up to search:
.bg-bulbapedia-menu.bg-global-menu {
  1. width: 100%;
  2. z-index: 5;
  3. top: 0px;
  4. position: sticky !important;
}

Similar to the List of Pokemon by Natdex page or List of Pokemon by Name, would it be alright to create a page which lists which generation/game a design debuted in? So something like Alolan Rattata would be under Gen VII/ Sun Moon. It would mostly affect forms. Not sure if the better approach would be by generation or by game. I'm thinking the former, else there would be oddballs like Bonsly, Munchlax, and Meltan that would make the ordering complex. Yet the latter would have the advantage of listing ORAS, USUM, and Swsh DLC as later additions, clarifying which designs came as later batches, which is part of the reasoning for why I think a list like this would be useful. It's useful to look at a list and immediately know which batch of pokemon it came out with chronologically.

Last edited:
Similar to the List of Pokemon by Natdex page or List of Pokemon by Name, would it be alright to create a page which lists which generation/game a design debuted in? So something like Alolan Rattata would be under Gen VII/ Sun Moon. It would mostly affect forms. Not sure if the better approach would be by generation or by game. I'm thinking the former, else there would be oddballs like Bonsly, Munchlax, and Meltan that would the ordering complex. Yet the latter would have the advantage of listing ORAS, USUM, and Swsh DLC as later additions, clarifying which designs came as later batches, which is part of the reasoning for why I think a list like this would be useful. It's useful to look at a list and immediately know which batch of pokemon it came out with chronologically.
Well, this feels redundant and very needed at the same time lol

This idea stems from the discussion over here: Talk:Johto Route 36 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Basically, turns out there were missing possibilities for the available wild pokémon on this route in generation 2 (specifically Pokémon gold, but presumably Silver as well). Further investigation revealed an error in the corresponding data for route 37, where it stated growlithe was available during the day at levels 14 through 16, but in reality is was levels 14 and 16 (so not 15).

When looking even further into this, I noticed there were a number of routes with this issue, i.e. where it stated a certain pokémon was available at levels x through y, when it fact is was only available at levels x and y (and nothing in between). Another example of this is pidgey on kanto route 2.

This can mean two things:
  1. I fundamentally misunderstand how the wild pokémon encounter tables work (i.e. when levels x and y are included in the table, the game can actually generate the levels in between).
  2. The generation 2 wild pokémon data needs a recheck on all routes
I'm willing, if I find the time, to do (or at least take part in) this recheck, but only if someone can confirm it is definitely not the first option, in order to avoid spreading more misinformation.

P.S.: At the moment I only understand how to check which pokémon are available on a route, and not their percentage chance of spawning. If someone could enlighten me on that front, these percentages could be included in the recheck as well.

Back
Top Bottom