• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
Have a good idea for Bulbapedia? See some content that needs added or needs fixing? Say it here!

I've noticed that there are far too many individual threads saying "Hey Pedia dudes I can has good idea." Let's make it simple for both the people who post the ideas and the people who look at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I'm surprised I didn't see anything about the Team Rocket members' names. Most (at least of the teams) are named after famous outlaws/criminals/etc. Jessie and James = Jesse James, Butch and Cassidy = Butch Cassidy, and Atilla and Hun = Attila the Hun.

Uh...that's been on their articles forever.

Would you mind showing me where it is then? Because I've looked at the Team Rocket members article, Jessie and James' article, and the trio article, and there's nothing about it, even in the trivia section.

It's possible I missed it, but the obvious section would be the trivia section, and I was unable to find it there.

Last edited:

Content? Ok, good. We should have a page for Pokémon-X, the webcomic. It has been running since 2003, and is fairly popular.

I brought it up with the Echidna, but he said to take it to the forums and ask here. The only qualm he seemed to have was that the last comic is dated February 20th. However, Recon has been updating daily, or twice daily, after falling behind in December, and is catching up.

I'm probably going to spam this thread slightly until user registration comes back...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Um, anyway, the EV page doesn't actually say who gets the EVs - i.e. the pokémon that lands the final blow, or any pokémon that gets experience. And that really is kind of important. I know it probably seems obvious to you guys but the page really is rather ambiguous.

That's it for now.

Every Pokemon involved in the battle gets full EVs.

size comparison...you know
Yeah, that's not a bad idea, actually

Content? Ok, good. We should have a page for Pokémon-X, the webcomic. It has been running since 2003, and is fairly popular.
Maybe we should do for fanfics and fancomics what we did for hack games -- have one article on the subject in general, with a list of the most notable examples.

On a less serious note, some other wikis hold popularity polls where two characters/places/items/etc go head-to-head. Maybe we could try something similar?
Examples:
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zeldapedia:Temple_of_Courage
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Wiki:Dragon's_Neck_Colosseum

Maybe we should do for fanfics and fancomics what we did for hack games -- have one article on the subject in general, with a list of the most notable examples.

I like that idea. It solves the problem of having useless stubs everywhere.

But then we get everyone and their mom adding their things in; there's alot more fanfics and fancomics than hacks.

We'd need a stricter policy on why fanfic/comic a is notable, but b isn't than what we have for the hacks.

At least, probably.

I'd like to suggest some technical changes to improve performance/decrease bandwidth use:
* Use transparent HTTP compression (gzip) on Javascript and CSS files, and (on this forum) the HTML - you'd save 50kb for wiki visitors, and 200kb for forum visitors plus ~60-100kb for each forum page - and they'd load much faster. "AddOutputHandler DEFLATE text/plain text/html text/css text/javascript text/xml" should do it in Apache if the deflate module is loaded, else see link above.
* Add a very long cache time to site images/js/css that are not likely to change (or which can be easily changed by changing the path to them). /w/skins/ is a prime example - the images don't change, and the css/js is accessed with a version parameter so that when it does change when upgrading, the browser will redownload it. The favicon.ico, too.
* (minor) Upload a manually-sized and compressed copy of EPBase.png for the front page (at the bottom) and use it rather than the auto-thumbnail that's there. It could be 7k (perhaps less if you converted it to 256-color indexed mode) rather than 17k. :)

Last edited:

But then we get everyone and their mom adding their things in; there's alot more fanfics and fancomics than hacks.

We'd need a stricter policy on why fanfic/comic a is notable, but b isn't than what we have for the hacks.

At least, probably.

Or none of that stuff at all. Because we really have no way to assess notability.

It's not completely accurate, but I think having a certain pagerank/alexa rating might be some sort of standard, if one is applied.

Would the same go for websites then, too? Because I notice there are some websites like Serebii.net, but then other popular ones like GTS+ aren't mentioned.

Also, this is an extremely minor detail, but on http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Great_Marsh#Items under Area 2, shouldn't it be "Hidden 3 trees WEST from the rock in the top corner" instead of "Hidden 3 trees from the rock in the top corner"? I say this because generally on that page (and others) the locations seem to be a bit more specific.

Also also, under Area 3, the Ultra Ball is "Hidden WEST of the train stop"

Last edited:

*tries not to seethe*

Um, can we please mention somewhere, anywhere, that EVs don't exist in the mystery dungeon games? I just wasted a ton of time trying to EV-train tyrogues and I'd like to spare other people similar pain. Or worse pain for trying to EV-train their whole party.

mmkay, that's it for now. :spam:

Oh, and add the fact that you can encounter Grimer in Celadon City in FireRed/Leafgreen in Grimer's article. Or at least it says so on Celadon's article and Grimer's dex data.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Galactic_HQ#Items

In Diamond anyway, the scientist with the lvl. 37 Kadabra gives you 1776 Pokemon Dollars. And if you battle the last two on that list (the grunts) (as a double battle, but I guess you can do them individually; I don't have that info though) you get 2840.

I wish I'd seen sooner that you guys needed that stuff, 'cause I'd have paid more attention. (I also wish I had an account so I could add it and stop posting, but I'll wait. =D)

Back
Top Bottom