• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Bulbagarden Archives suggestion/idea/problem thread

I'm still trying to determine what art are from what games, but our old art (e.g. File:001Bulbasaur RG.png) has some issues. For example, the Bulbasaur is in fact not from Red and Green. Scroll down to the bottom of this page. It's not the same. It seems that Ken Sugimori drew new art for RB or something.

Or, is that even Sugimori art at all? Close up, it doesn't look Sugimori. However, that may just have been his old style.

Which ever way it is, there's something wrong with the categorization and/or naming.

So what was decided about back sprites? Are we using the sprite from the latest game of the generation?

Edit: On an unrelated note, sometimes the apng's I upload that are bigger than 80x80, are scaled down to 80x80 on the pokemon's page, creating an ugly blur. Though this happens rarely, its still a problem. I can see it on Pidgeot's platinum sprite and on Arbok's shiny platinum sprite.

Last edited:

Good idea for a MediaWiki extension: GlobalUsage.

Makes moving/deleting images so much better.

Re: Official Bulbagarden Archives suggestion/idea/problem thread

Made it official, just so they match. :O

Good idea for a MediaWiki extension: GlobalUsage.

Makes moving/deleting images so much better.

This is what I was looking for a few days back. I agree, that this would come in real handy and make our work much easier.

If TTE, Nate or Zhen are reading this, then I'm in support. As long as installing it won't crash the servers for too long.

I don't like how they say "wiki farm". It could work just as well on a four-way link on specialized wikis like we have, with DeadRPGwiki, BP, and BN.

Though... hmmm... While NIWA isn't exactly a wiki farm, and we definitely don't wanna be... but this may be a useful thing for us there.

They said that it is useful for wiki farms. Not that it has to be used for them.

Useful for wiki farms implies enough.

WIKIA SUCKS.

It's still useful for our conglomerate of wikis.

Yeah...

So, I just noticed something weird... I never saw this until recently, but on the top of every Archives page, it says No image is to be uploaded over the maximum resolution size of 1080 by 1080 pixels. What about existing images, though? There are some actual size game maps that are larger than this. Is this a problem? Here's an example of one that's 1280x1280 pixels, uploaded by none other than TTEchidna himself:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Route_124.png

So... yeah. Does this rule apply only to future images, or will it be applied retroactively to existing ones as well? (I personally hope the former, or at least raise the limit to 1280x1280, as maps lose detail, look ugly, and actually have their filesize increased (due to a lot more colors from filtering) if they're reduced in size.)

So, I just noticed something weird... I never saw this until recently, but on the top of every Archives page, it says No image is to be uploaded over the maximum resolution size of 1080 by 1080 pixels. What about existing images, though? There are some actual size game maps that are larger than this. Is this a problem? Here's an example of one that's 1280x1280 pixels, uploaded by none other than TTEchidna himself:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Route_124.png

So... yeah. Does this rule apply only to future images, or will it be applied retroactively to existing ones as well? (I personally hope the former, or at least raise the limit to 1280x1280, as maps lose detail, look ugly, and actually have their filesize increased (due to a lot more colors from filtering) if they're reduced in size.)

Right now we're discussing raising the limits, but for now and all your future uploads I would say you should try to stay below that limit.

Except in the case of area maps and the like. Those are completely fine. Do not resize maps.

Except in the case of area maps and the like. Those are completely fine. Do not resize maps.
See, there are always exceptions.

Someone please tell me: what are the reasons for the image resizing?

Our HGSS overworld sprites all contain the letter "D", I'm assuming that this is an initial for "Down". On the other hand, our PMD images contain the initial "F", for front... I'm planning a revamp af PMD categorization anyways but while I'm doing that it was suggested I get consensus on whether all the F's should become D's.

Ugh... side games...

I personally don't mind if there's F's for MD and D's for HGSS... but if the other three letters are consistent...

I'd assume that "B" and "U" have the same problem.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom