• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAGARDEN ARCHIVES suggestion/idea/problem thread

Alright, so, I need helpers for the Archives. I'm planning to unlock editing for a little bit, because I want those freaking Gen V sprites uploaded, and I cannot do it alone. So, if you guys can focus on that for now (leave anything non-BW related out for now, sprites first) that would be great.

Spr 5b ###.png and Spr 5b ### s.png for the frontal sprites
and Spr b g5 ###.png and Spr b g5 ### s.png for the back sprites.

==Summary==
{{gamesprite|###|name|all|Black and White|s}}
==Licensing:==
{{i-Fairuse-sprite-game}}

and

==Summary==
{{backsprite|###|name|all|V}}
==Licensing:==
{{i-Fairuse-sprite-game}}

The sprites should be 96x96 and transparent. Stick this to format and you're good to go.

Edit: Keep it up guys. Make sure you get it right the first time to save us any hassle from deleting or moving to the correct names. Also, make sure you copy and paste the summaries above, it's much neater.
And remember, focus on the sprites first! That's the only reason I unlocked the Archives.

Just to make things easier for everyone, ALL the sprites are at veekun! There should be no excuses for the wrong size or non-transparent sprites anymore.

Last edited:

You know I can do them \o/

I can help for sure.

Instructions are pretty simple guys. If you can't even follow these, then please don't upload. I've seen people upload sprite with green and white backgrounds, the wrong size, no summary or proper licensing or anything. Do I really need to lock the archives again?

If we were to use hyphens, I would say only for Arceus because it uses the entire word... I'd imgaine we'd use the same system for the deer in Gen V although the oveworld Arceus sprites would still have to be moved.

Although hyphens may not be necessary even for Arceus
[bp=File:Spr 4h 249-Shadow.png]Shadow Lugia does it too[/bp]

Instructions are pretty simple guys. If you can't even follow these, then please don't upload. I've seen people upload sprite with green and white backgrounds, the wrong size, no summary or proper licensing or anything. Do I really need to lock the archives again?

You locked it! :bawl:

I don't seem to understand what I did wrong. Am I not supposed to use the updated pictures from the Current Game Sprites category?

You didn't do anything wrong, Chosen. Most people though, were doing it wrong. It was too much of a hassle so I was forced to lock it again. All I can say is, please read my above post properly and with care. I can't babysit people who upload the incorrect way, despite there being proper instructions here. Anyways, I've asked Nate to grant you temp. JA so you can upload now.

I have the full set of 5th generation sprites and wish to upload them to Bulbapedia.

Well I did do something wrong... not adding the summary thing. :banghead:
But I remember now!
(and the answer will be a no!)

You didn't do anything wrong, Chosen. Most people though, were doing it wrong. It was too much of a hassle so I was forced to lock it again. All I can say is, please read my above post properly and with care. I can't babysit people who upload the incorrect way, despite there being proper instructions here. Anyways, I've asked Nate to grant you temp. JA so you can upload now.
Although I uploaded very few at the time, did I do anything wrong? The current game sprite template seemed to auto-update with BW, so I figured no changing was needed to be done.

can i upload a screenshot from dp opening "High Touch!"? I don't know how to post images not hosted on this site.

here's the pic i want to upload, and i want to post it on the nevermetshippings page

r1naky.jpg

Whenever we deem that doofus users aren't as much of an issue.

The other bag sprites aren't really important, but we need the Beautiful Scale (きれいなウロコ) for Feebas's evobox.

I see that it has now been [bp=File:Bag Clean Scale Sprite.png]uploaded[/bp], but did we have to use Serebii's translation? I know that きれい can translate to both clean and beautiful, but in the situation of Feebas, beauty is clearly the intended meaning. I also know that "Beautiful Scale" is too long for an item name, so I expect it to become "Beauty Scale", "Pretty Scale" or even "Blue Scale"; the first two would be better translations in this case. Pretty much, I would prefer if any name to refers to beauty was used.

Beauty Scale makes sense given that Feebas evolves when Beauty is maxed. I'm the first to admit I have no knowledge of Japanese, but I think this translation can be taken as an educated guess.

Whenever we deem that doofus users aren't as much of an issue.

Wrong. It will be unlocked whenever we get the move images straight. So that we can move the current ones from "File:Move.png" to "File:Move IV.png" and be able to upload gen v images in their place.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom