• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

The main picture of Fushide that is connecting the Venipede page on Bulbapedia seems to still be active and it's name is still at the top of that page. I think the picture will go down if someone tries to change it. Just want to give the heads up.

The main picture of Fushide that is connecting the Venipede page on Bulbapedia seems to still be active and it's name is still at the top of that page. I think the picture will go down if someone tries to change it. Just want to give the heads up.

We're aware and we're doing our best, but we're swamped with so much moving and so little admins on to help move.

How to get those pristine-looking maps and stuff from the games

You know... for, like, all the maps and stuff from the versions... on the Archives...? How does everyone manage to get them from the games onto the Archives? If I could somehow get knowledge of this... my upload count on the archives would definitely go up, so if anyone knows how to get all the map stuff up (or even just a screenshot), that would be most certainly helpful.

What I can work with:
I have a DS Lite and DSi and am hoping for a 3DS in a bit. Also I have a Mac [highlight]that has an app that can run most EXE programs[/highlight] if need be.

Re: Official BULBAGARDEN ARCHIVES suggestion/idea/problem thread

Does anybody know where this image came from?

It's Mystery Dungeon, or Pokemon ranger art for sure. Just can't figure out from which one. But it could also be a pointless file, it's got no licensing either.

When ever I upload a new version of a file, oh say... this It becomes squashed and blurry. Even though It usually fixes on its own it's still anoying.

It's Mystery Dungeon, or Pokemon ranger art for sure. Just can't figure out from which one. But it could also be a pointless file, it's got no licensing either.

When ever I upload a new version of a file, oh say... this It becomes squashed and blurry. Even though It usually fixes on its own it's still anoying.
The squashed and blurry is your browser caching the old image, but using the new image's size for it. You could possibly set your browser to never cache images and see if that works, but that will probably slow down loading times for all webpages.

Hmm. Doesn't look like Dream World art, but doesn't exactly look like Sugimori art either.

It's cute, though.

Maybe it's from a promotion?

So it's ranger 1 (Well...MD1 isn't it, and R2 artwork is way off), but it's hard to prove, anyone talked to the guy?

So it's ranger 1 (Well...MD1 isn't it, and R2 artwork is way off), but it's hard to prove, anyone talked to the guy?

The uploader hasn't made any edits for a while, so you're unlikely to get a response, but it worth a try (I know you've already asked the user on their talk page).

We're still on this discussion? I'm 90% sure it's fanart, and if not, Ranger 1. I can't find it on any official sources, though, so I'm calling fanart.

If it's fan art, then who is the original artist? (as in, do they have deviantArt account or some other place where they posted this?)

Well, on the file's talk page, Pika3323 found a Pokécommunity page that used it, via imageshack. Other than that, I found it on neoseeker, but other than that, there is only this.

Chances are that it's very well done fan art. However, on that Pokécommunity page, there is art of a few other Pokémon, all of which are in a similar style (besides Tyranitar - it is just GS art). Mamoswine and Starmie's artworks are both very similar (but not the same as) their Dream World artworks.

Well, on the file's talk page, Pika3323 found a Pokécommunity page that used it, via imageshack. Other than that, I found it on neoseeker, but other than that, there is only this.

Chances are that it's very well done fan art. However, on that Pokécommunity page, there is art of a few other Pokémon, all of which are in a similar style (besides Tyranitar - it is just GS art). Mamoswine and Starmie's artworks are both very similar (but not the same as) their Dream World artworks.

Fanart it is!
And if it isn't...
Who cares, no one's using it.

Could someone upload the sprites for Shadow Lugia and Bonsly from Pokemon XD?

Since no other website seems to have them, they may need to be ripped from the game. How you would go about doing that, I dont know.

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: The Archives is locked for some reason (server stress apparently), I was wanting to upload these images, the cover and the back of the Neo 2 Premium File:

card-neopremiumfile2.jpg

s01.jpg

They may need to be shrunk first, if neccessary

Last edited:
Just to throw this out there, the BG color for .noticebar on the page MediaWiki:Common.css should be #F9F9F9 not #efe. If you look at it on a screen with a massive resolution the green shows, which looks weird.

How do you go about uploading animated PNGs? I've been having problems with them, Ive asked more experienced users, but it wont hurt to ask here too:

Do you know if animated PNG images need to be uploaded in a specific way? I've tried uploading one in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, and it doesnt seem to work in either browser. It just keeps returning me to the Upload Media page, with no error messsage.

How do you go about uploading animated PNGs? I've been having problems with them, Ive asked more experienced users, but it wont hurt to ask here too:
I've uploaded some just by doing it normally. Are you waiting for the page to load fully before you tell it to upload?

Although both Bulbapedia and Bulbaews are now open for editing, the Archives remain locked. Is there a reason for this, and will this be for long?

No, we just like to lock everyone, including staff, out of it every now and then for the hell of it. /sarcasm.

The archives require more work than the other two wikis. It's not as simple as changing gear in a car to make it go faster. Yes, it's still locked. No, staff can't edit it either at the moment. Any changes will be announced in the Message from the Editor, as usual.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom