• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Why are the head images for the Best Wishes series protected? On the summary section for them starting with the eleventh episode (excluding the ones that didn't get dubbed), the codename is listed instead of their dub name.

An example would be the head image of BW013. On the summary section, it says BW013 instead of Minccino-Neat and Tidy! (the mistake didn't occur under the licensing).

What is going on here?

Tried to upload a new version of the file, which looks like this, and all it did was stretch out the old file. Any ideas? I've always had issues with the Archives, and I'm never sure if it's something I'm doing or if the system just lags because it's really, really slow and out-of-date.

Yes, by the way, I do have permission to use that logo from the site's owner.

What is going on here?

Tried to upload a new version of the file, which looks like this, and all it did was stretch out the old file. Any ideas? I've always had issues with the Archives, and I'm never sure if it's something I'm doing or if the system just lags because it's really, really slow and out-of-date.

Yes, by the way, I do have permission to use that logo from the site's owner.
Looks fine to me now.

Normally that's just a caching issue, where it loads the old image from the cache but displays it with the new image dimensions. It should clear up if you purge the image cache. And if that doesn't work, try purging your browser's cache. One of the two should fix it.

On the recent changes, more than five users in a row were creating spam advertisements (they got blocked afterwards and those pages were deleted afterwards). Why was this constantly happening and where did they come from?

Please I need help my stupid windows live family safety is blocking all images from bulbapedia and bulbagarden
please i can't control my family safety but could you fix this problem????
thanks a lot bulbapedia is doing a great job

Please I need help my stupid windows live family safety is blocking all images from bulbapedia and bulbagarden
please i can't control my family safety but could you fix this problem????
thanks a lot bulbapedia is doing a great job
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that from our end - the images are being blocked by your browser, after they get to your computer. You'll need to talk to whoever has the administrator password for your computer and see if they'll add these sites to the allowed list.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that from our end - the images are being blocked by your browser, after they get to your computer. You'll need to talk to whoever has the administrator password for your computer and see if they'll add these sites to the allowed list.
Ok thanks a lot

Metafruit said:
Is this the right place to ask why I cannot login to the archives using my bulbapedia login?
You can't?
It should work just fine, although your userspace content does not carry over from Bulbapedia.
Aside from that, if you can't upload over other images, you have to upload some pictures of your own first.
That's as far as I can help, maybe one of the admins can chip in.

Hello all I just wanted to clarify something for all the TCG sections on bulbapedia. For all of the new foil cards please use the official terms... It isn't "pinstripe foil" it's actually called tinsel foil. The foil with all of the little triangles on it is called cracked ice.

Hello all I just wanted to clarify something for all the TCG sections on bulbapedia. For all of the new foil cards please use the official terms... It isn't "pinstripe foil" it's actually called tinsel foil. The foil with all of the little triangles on it is called cracked ice.

I am fully aware that the Shatter foil was confirmed to be "Cracked Ice". However, can you provide a source for the "Tinsel foil"? I do want to change them eventually, but it currently isn't a priority. There are bigger, impending problems with the TCG right now that need fixed before we tackle this large editing project. (I'd also like to personally get official names for the 2 other main holofoils-Star foil used from Base to Team Rocket, and Galaxy used from Base Set 2-Call of Legends+some BW promos-as well as the reverse foils before we start going around editing every Card page for the fifth time...I'm still not even done with time 4).

If you haven't noticed this as well, we still refer to them as Holographic instead of Holofoil. It is just that there have been more important issues facing the TCG that need dealt with first. This is just a mislabel. We need to fix the things that are downright wrong first.

I am fully aware that the Shatter foil was confirmed to be "Cracked Ice". However, can you provide a source for the "Tinsel foil"? I do want to change them eventually, but it currently isn't a priority. There are bigger, impending problems with the TCG right now that need fixed before we tackle this large editing project. (I'd also like to personally get official names for the 2 other main holofoils-Star foil used from Base to Team Rocket, and Galaxy used from Base Set 2-Call of Legends+some BW promos-as well as the reverse foils before we start going around editing every Card page for the fifth time...I'm still not even done with time 4).

If you haven't noticed this as well, we still refer to them as Holographic instead of Holofoil. It is just that there have been more important issues facing the TCG that need dealt with first. This is just a mislabel. We need to fix the things that are downright wrong first.

I'm getting tinsel off of the TCG Online site. If you turn off foil effects and merge all similar cards together when you click on something like Emboar from B&W it shows on the side all of the different versions of the card with logos. When you hover over the logo it gives you the name of the foil. The N button is simply for Non-Foil, the button with a square gradient inside is for Reverse Foil, the button with all the triangles in it is labeled as cracked ice, and the one with all the stripes is tinsel.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can help you with the original foil name... However I believe the one you referred to as Galaxy is actually not to far off. The TCG Online refers to that foil as Cosmos. Also, if you want to point me in the right direction I would be more than happy to help revamp the TCG sections. Also I'm pretty sure the original "Star" foil you referred to is just, because it's the original, called simply Holofoil. Oh and I forgot, there aren't different names for the reverse foils. It's just simply reverse foil.

Our set of Crystal sprites are currently in gif format, while most other animated images are png. Will they eventually be replaced with png versions? I've got a folder with png versions of our gifs, but its revealed that a number of our gifs have the wrong first frame, as seen by this drunk looking Slowking, (you'll need to view this on IE to see what I mean)

View attachment 62357

Attachments

• Spr_2c_199.png
    Spr_2c_199.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 72
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom