• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

There is an oddity that occurs every now and then with redirects and uploads. I don't know if it's my browser doing it or something else. (I'm just using a random example for this) -

[h=1]File:Spr b 4p 088.png[/h]Redirect page

redirectltr.png
File:Spr b 4d 088.png

Normally after a redirect is saved, it looks like this ^

Sometimes however, after saving it looks like this -

[h=1]File:Spr b 4p 088 .png[/h]

No file by this name exists, but you can upload it.

[h=2]File usage[/h]There are no pages that link to this file.

------

The same thing happens sometimes with image uploads, and clearing cookies/cache doesn't fix it.

Bit late, but I'm guessing it's just a caching issue. Not sure whether it's browserside or serverside.

So, lockout, huh? Guess I should have remembered. Can't blame you guys, of course. Leaves me in a predicament, though.

I'm not exactly certain about how to ask this normally and this looks like the best place for it but is there any chance any of the staff can upload this image? It's a 5th gen game animation (Drill Run) that I... apparently completely forgot about! I'd do it myself but... yeah. And I've been pretty preoccupied lately so chances are I'd completely forget by the time the lockout lifts.

So, lockout, huh? Guess I should have remembered. Can't blame you guys, of course. Leaves me in a predicament, though.

I'm not exactly certain about how to ask this normally and this looks like the best place for it but is there any chance any of the staff can upload this image? It's a 5th gen game animation (Drill Run) that I... apparently completely forgot about! I'd do it myself but... yeah. And I've been pretty preoccupied lately so chances are I'd completely forget by the time the lockout lifts.
Uploaded and added to the page

I'm pleased that Bulbapedia has been unlocked, but is there any timeframe on when the Archives will be unlocked?

I would like to upload all the Gym Leader, Champion and Trainer Sprites in Animated PNG images from Black 2....

I ripped the leaders and champions.. but I edited and got the trainer sprites from Pokecheck.org..

1st things first.. when exactly will the Archives be unlocked? I've been waiting for ages!

2nd.. Since B2W2s release I've been doing the APNGs for the maps. An example is here:

http://s8.postimage.org/7fatscqwj/Yamaji.png

I just wondered (when I can actually upload again) whether or not I should upload them over the current maps? Including the areas in BW1 that are still in B2W2 (So not Unity Tower and all the rest)

Last edited:
@gaspershut; Those sprites you posted aren't correctly sized. The minimum dimensions for Gen V animated Trainer sprites are 80px width and 80px height. If you fix up the dimensional issues, we can look into uploading the animations.

@s2daam; APNG for the B2W2 minimaps isn't much of a concern at the moment, it's more important just to get a highlighted map up even if it's static. Areas that changed location in B2W2 compared to BW will be getting new filenames, but the convention hasn't been decided. Areas from BW that are still in the same spot of the map should be uploaded over the BW version of the town map. Additionally, the URL in your post isn't a direct image URL and needs to be used with the URL BBCode tag rather than the IMG tag.

For both: Like I noted a few days ago, we don't have an opening date at the moment and apologize for the delay in comparison to the Bulbapedia lock. A lot of the work that required the Archives lock is still in progress, which is slowing down opening the Archives up. When the work is complete, we will open the Archives up for normal business and announce that the lock has been rescinded. Until such announcement is made, please be patient. If you have anything needing immediate upload, you can contact and request and upload from any active Archives staff member via Bulbapedia, Forums PM, or any additional contact formats they may offer for Archives related inquiries.

Last edited:
Marlon.png
Bianca.png
Cynthia.png

I've already edited all of their dimensions... but some like Marlon can't be put into 80x80 dimension due to their sprite animations including Bianca in which her arms causes it to exceed...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom