• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Reposting from another thread:

I knew about the animated pngs, I meant that the pages for 5th gen sprites like this and 4th gen backsprites like this doesn't have the Barry template for some reason.
I see. I'll go ahead and put Barry on those pages. If there are any others, please list them.
So I don't think any of the Gen IV or V back sprites have the {{animated}} template (except for the D/P Duskull I just did), so that's 1142 image files (1-473 in Gen IV and 1-649 in Gen V) I don't plan to tackle.
As for front sprites, not too many are animated png's. That's another 1142 image files needing review.

So I just did the two you requested, Gen IV Duskull back and Gen V Duskull front.

Does this page needs to be update with those information? Which site does we get the 5th gen sprites, Pokecheck or Armaina? Can a bot convert all the animated sprites from GIF format to PNG format and replace all the unanimated sprites?

List of things need to be added:

- animated Gen 3 backsprites and shiny?
- animated Gen 4 backsprites and shiny
- animated Gen 5 frontsprites, backsprites and shiny (Have a difference between BW and BW2)

Last edited:
Woops ! I'll remember that for next time x)

Are there any plans to use the Gen I and Gen II menu sprites? I found a series of Japanese blogs that detail which Pokémon correspond to each menu sprite.

つれづれな日 手持ちアイコン調査 初代編
つれづれな日 手持ちアイコン調査 金銀クリスタル編 -前-
つれづれな日 手持ちアイコン調査 金銀クリスタル編 -後-

If we can confirm the accuracy of these blogs, we could possibly revamp the menu sprites to resemble a format similar to the footprint sprites.

So...
1)Silcoon and Dustox don't have a notifier when they are available in Bug-Catching Contest in their own pages(it's Thursday). They also state their encounter rate is unknown even though it is present in the Bug-Catching Contest page.
2)The total encounter rate in Route 222 for Pearl is %120. This error was also present on Serebii but it is fixed now.
3)A lot of movesets need to be checked for errors and some of the forgotten moves from the TCG, manga and animé they can't learn legally. One of these on my head is Mr. Mime having Dig in its Gen III learnset(though I haven't checked it myself in a cartridge, it is not mentioned in other websites' dexes and the Dig's own page) and Trapinch using Bind in EX Dragon 79 not being mentioned by the TCG errors or the Trapinch's page.
4)Azumarill's page states that it can be found in both rustling grass and rippling water in Abundant Shrine. This is only true for White 2 according to Abundant Shrine's page, as Audino has an increased encounter rate in Black 2 instead.
5)A lot of Pokémon that appear through phenomenons have very inconsistent mentions in their game locations. Some just say they are rare and some say they can be found in rippling water without mentioning it is through surfing or fishing and so on.
6)A lot of Pokémon that can learn Defog don't have DPPt notifier in their Gen IV learnsets, such as Fearow.
7)It seems that there are inaccuracies in the Dual-slot page, for example in Route 205 it states that Seedot appears in Platinum instead of Lotad in Diamond/Pearl, but Lotad is mentioned for Route 205 for all of the D/P/Pt and Seedot is mentioned for neither.
8)Though version exclusives page mention wild exclusives for B/W/B2/W2, the other games' wild exclusives such as Banette/Dusclops are not noted for.
9)Matutinal, nocturnal and diurnal Pokémon pages are already described as stubs, but they really need a major cleanup, especially a distinction between Pokémon that are only active in a specific time of day and the ones that are also active in another time of day, as oppossed to having this confusing set-up that features Pokémon that are active in one time only and the ones that are active in two different periods in the same section.
10)Metronome's page states that Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff can learn Metronome even though other websites dexes and their own page state the opposite, but again I haven't checked this in the games.
11)Hidden grotto page and routes that contain them just use Rare, Uncommon etc. instead of proper percantages. Event-only encounters such as the Eeveelutions and the new pack of Pokémon that contain Dragonair, Magneton etc. are not noted for either. Is there a specific reason why this is the case?
12)List of Pokémon with unique type combinations don't have options to order the list according to dex number, types etc. It is completely static.

I've not been here for a few days, but why is all the artwork being made square? I don't see how I missed it happening haha!

Last edited:
I've not been here for a few days, but why is all the artwork being made square? I don't see how I missed it happening haha!

To make the Pokémon artwork more compatible with future templates.

I had a feeling that was the reason but just wanted to fufill my curiosity haha!

Does all the old RBY/GS artwork want making square also? Just want to be sure before I start.

To make the Pokémon artwork more compatible with future templates.

I had a feeling that was the reason but just wanted to fufill my curiosity haha!

Does all the old RBY/GS artwork want making square also? Just want to be sure before I start.

Work has already started on the old artwork, though they're not a high priority. Current artwork was the main focus, since they're the ones that desperately needed the compatibility update before the release of XY.

Excuse me if I'm asking this in the wrong place, but is there any date or approximation to when will the Archives be available for editing and uploading again?

Excuse me if I'm asking this in the wrong place, but is there any date or approximation to when will the Archives be available for editing and uploading again?

I hope to have the Archives open for regular business this week, and we're currently working out some final details in order to have this done as quickly as possible.

I had a battle at Psychic Inverse House, going up against a level 65 Marowak, level 65 Altaria and level 65 Gourgeist.
I'm not sure if you're still updating that page or not, haha. :3

I had a battle at Psychic Inverse House, going up against a level 65 Marowak, level 65 Altaria and level 65 Gourgeist.
I'm not sure if you're still updating that page or not, haha. :3
Thanks for the info! I'll see to it that the article in question gets updated. However, for future reference, Bulbapedia related topics should be posted in the "BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems" thread, as this is the one for Archive related problems.

Thanks for the info! I'll see to it that the article in question gets updated. However, for future reference, Bulbapedia related topics should be posted in the "BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems" thread, as this is the one for Archive related problems.

I am so sorry, I was finding it a little difficult to navigate! ^^;
Thank you, I'll definitely make sure to do that next time.

All newly uploaded images starting from about two hours ago from now (starting with this upload) fail to show any image in either Archives or Bulbapedia, with this in place of the thumbnails:
Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-(random letters and numbers)' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_(random hexadecimal hash)-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.

Is this normal and will it go away or do those images need to be reuploaded later?

Last edited:
All newly uploaded images starting from about two hours ago from now (starting with this upload) fail to show any image in either Archives or Bulbapedia, with this in place of the thumbnails:
Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-(random letters and numbers)' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_(random hexadecimal hash)-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.

Is this normal and will it go away or do those images need to be reuploaded later?

This is not a normal problem and requires some rather major upgrades to remedy, so the Archives are currently locked. The broken images will need to be re-uploaded when the Archives are re-open.

I don't suppose the broken thumbnails of existing images is part of that problem too? All images that had to be re-sized on [bp=Rhyhorn (Pokémon)]Rhyhorn's page[/bp] are resulting in errors for me, but not on [bp=Rhydon (Pokémon)]Rhydon's page[/bp].

I don't suppose the broken thumbnails of existing images is part of that problem too? All images that had to be re-sized on [bp=Rhyhorn (Pokémon)]Rhyhorn's page[/bp] are resulting in errors for me, but not on [bp=Rhydon (Pokémon)]Rhydon's page[/bp].
Both of those pages displayed errors for me, but they went away by using the purge link. Hmm.

Seeing that the site notice was reverted at Archives, I assume it's safe to try to reupload the images now?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom