• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

When Bulbapedia's wiki pages are viewed in a half-window (e.g. using windows-left or windows-right or aero snap functionality in general), the right-most part of the wiki page is uninteractible. Example:

Eevee (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

In the infobox on the right, right under EEVEE where it says Evolution Pokemon, the left half of the word 'evolution' functions as a hyperlink, but anywhere to the right of the letter i (anywhere on the page, not just the infobox) is uninteractible. If I expand the size of the window, more of the page on the right becomes interactible until eventually the ad frame reappears, and everything works again.

It definitely seems to be an issue with that ad frame on the right of the page interfering with clicking on stuff on the page when the webpage isn't viewed near full resolution.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080
This issue was noticed first in Chrome (version doesn't seem to matter), but the issue can be replicated in Edge and Firefox.

Eyyyy this issue's fixed now, I think! Thank you!

The issue that Rhorbarius pointed out with Bulbapedia's right side ad frame also is affecting the Archives as well.

The issue that Rhorbarius pointed out with Bulbapedia's right side ad frame also is affecting the Archives as well.

Code has been added to our CSS files to remedy this issue. You may need to do a cache-bypassing refresh in order for the code to apply on your browser(s)

Firefox / Safari: Hold Shift while clicking Reload, or press either Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-R (⌘-R on a Mac)
Google Chrome: Press Ctrl-Shift-R (⌘-Shift-R on a Mac)
Internet Explorer: Hold Ctrl while clicking Refresh, or press Ctrl-F5
Opera: Clear the cache in Tools → Preferences

It should have been fixed on the Archives and BN at the same time. If you haven't, you may want to try the refresh methods mentioned above or clearing your cache.
I've tried both in different browsers and it didn't fix it. Specifically, I'm talking about pages like this one.

I'm wondering if Bulbapedia would be interested to do a Pokemon Go section trying to track "research" on locations and frequency of pokemon?

I realize this would be a massive and ongoing undertaking (akin to a real research endeavor) with a lot of logistics to work out, but I can't be the only one with a taste for research!

So, 2 questions:
1. Is the community interested in trying to do something like this?
2. If so, admins: what can I do to get involved?

The latest Pokémon figures from ARTFX have included some pretty neat character artwork such as these ones.
I see no one has uploaded them despite being out for a while, so I gotta ask, is there any reason for not doing so?
I want to upload them but I want to be sure first.

There seems to be a problem with the Archive's cache. I've tried using the purge function but nothing improves. The issue is that categories aren't updating. An example would be this: File:Spr b 5b 557 s.png - Bulbagarden Archives . It is included in the Category:Images needing to be animated despite the template which puts it in that category being removed almost a month ago. Another would be this one: File:OPJ01 error 1.png - Bulbagarden Archives . The file was moved from the name "Fang.png" about a week ago, but it still is in the files that need to be moved-- in the position where Fang.png was before being moved.

In order to become autoconfirmed, you need to edit a certain amount of files. There are no files that need to be edited. It is currently impossible to become autoconfirmed.

In order to become autoconfirmed, you need to edit a certain amount of files. There are no files that need to be edited. It is currently impossible to become autoconfirmed.

I am not sure what you are referring to, there's always something that could be improved, and autoconfirming does indeed happen after making a specific number of edits.

I notice that Gen 6-7 Global Link artworks is in the Dream World category.
Rename "XXX*Pokemon* Dream" into "XXX*Pokemon* GL", and move any Gen 6-7, as well as the Megas, Pikachu forms, and Alola forms, to Global Link artworks category which is not the part of the Dream World.

Hey. Umm. I don't mean to be mean, but you don't really have a massive list of Emojis there. I was disheartened to find you don't have the Devil Emoji. can we get one?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom