• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sugimori Artwork

SkarmoryKid

Reaction score
When is the Sugimori artwork going to appear for Gen V Pokemon? Will that only be around the American and European release or something? There are a few on Bulbapedia but they are all for Pokemon that were released right at the beginning when the games were announced, and for the majority we still only have their sprites to go on. I really want to see what they properly look like, as sprites often don't do a Pokemon's design justice.

I was told that sugi artwork will be on the next Coro coro issue.

You mean they'll all be in Coro-Coro or they'll just be released with it? That seem like a lot of pictures in one magazine.

I sincerely believe that the clearer Sugimori art would be seen on a strategy guide, but I suppose the Corocoro scans would provide some more of this, just not everything in the same issue.

I sincerely believe that the clearer Sugimori art would be seen on a strategy guide, but I suppose the Corocoro scans would provide some more of this, just not everything in the same issue.

Thats what ive been thinking too

I heard something about said guide being released late November, so we'll probably have them all by then.
If it's true, at least.

I heard something about said guide being released late November, so we'll probably have them all by then.
If it's true, at least.

I also heard about the guides coming out in November. I'm sure Corocoro will have some more art, but until the guides come out, I highly doubt Corocoro will print ALL of the art. I'm looking forward to it though, I judge the appearance of a Pokemon on the art more than the sprites *nod nod*

Yeah, it seems weird that a guide wouldn't be out upon the game's release. Then again I remember back for DP it just kinda would trickle out every few days.

To be fair, the Kanto part of the English HGSS guide was released some months after release...although, we did have the Johto guide on launch.

Those are sprites. Bulbapedia already has them all.

I believe it's normal for videogame guides in Japan to be released several months after the games' initial release, but I could be wrong. Anyway I think the Japanese Pokemon site will update with high quality artwork once we get most from Coro Coro's monthly issues; we just have to wait.

The only new ones out of that lot are covered up T_T (Shinpora and Zebraika)

Once the guide comes out, we can have more Sugimori art then our bodies can handle. Until then, just wait patiently.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom