• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sugimori Artwork

I figured some of them were drawn by a different artist, but the Sanyou brothers, Aloe, Cheren, and Bianca as well?

Sugimori has a Twitter!?!?

Aside from that, we knew for sure of Cheren a while ago, nice to have some official confirmation; Sugimori wouldn't want to be credited for things he didn't do, would he?

Sugimori has a Twitter!?!?

Aside from that, we knew for sure of Cheren a while ago, nice to have some official confirmation; Sugimori wouldn't want to be credited for things he didn't do, would he?

Right, I forgot about the card. It's amazing though how some of them blend in quite nicely, though none of the artwork is that jarringly different.

Right, I forgot about the card. It's amazing though how some of them blend in quite nicely, though none of the artwork is that jarringly different.
Yeah, there are some that I can't differentiate.

Therefore, I sent Sugimori a message over Twitter. It probably sounds very choppy, but it's the best I could do.

あなたが「ライブキャスター」アートワークを担当しています? 「マコモ」、「N」、「ゲーチス」、「サブウェイマスターノボリ」と「サブウェイマスタークダリ」どう?

I also added a bit about how online translators suck; this is what it should read:

Are you responsible for the Live Caster artwork? What about Makomo, N, Geechisu, Subway Master Nobori, and Subway Master Kudari?

Anything else I should ask about?

I'd like to know about the Pokémon species artwork as well. Some of them like the ant eater and the chandelier gives me the same feeling the GL art did.

OH MY GOD SUGIMORI RESPONDED TO ME!!!!!!!!

*squeal*

He responded:

ああ、ごめんなさい。マコモとサブウェイマスターも大村担当でした。

Translated:

Oh, sorry. Omura was also in charge of Makomo and the Subway Masters.

Outrage: I'm pretty sure that he drew all of the Pokémon, but I could ask.

To be honest, I prefer Omura's style when it comes to drawing humans. Nice to have that clarity.

Also wow, someone responded to you on twitter? I gave up, because people kept on ignoring me.

There's a thing I'm trying to find... The Eevee that appears on this pic: Green (Yellow)
Anyone have it or know where to find it?

And by the way, I edited this from one of the Nintendo Player's Guide (Don't mind the name, it's my doing) [See Attachment]

Edit: By what I've read on Serebii Forum, that art of Green with Eevee is unique, none of them having appeared separate...
Then, is anyone here capable of editing Eevee alone from that image? I don't know how to do it nicely...

Also, Sugimori retweeted a tweet from a @_shuto_ with an interesting image...
Does anyone know if somewhere around there's a bigger sized version of this small but awesome image?

Attachments

• 025...Ash's Pikachu.png
    025...Ash's Pikachu.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 3,214
Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom