• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sugimori Artwork

I can't access the site, the link automatically sends me to installing WordPress.

EDIT: Works now.

Last edited:
They're supposed to look like boots..or so I've heard

Well Landlos is the boss for a reason..

Well ya, that's why I dislike them..Why can't it have normal hooves?

I can't access the site, the link automatically sends me to installing WordPress.

Sorry..I think I killed the site when I linked it here..unfortunately, I did not get the chance to save the image. The website will probably be up later.

My tribute to Fuuro and Kamitsure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

I actually don't care at all. But I just decided to freak out about them like a lot of other people.

Anyway. The new artwork is doing some crazy justice to the Pokémon. But I still think Daikenki was redeemed the most out of all Pokémon. I am impressed so far, but nothing surprisingly awesome.

Kyurem & Virizion look amazing.

Nice to finally see them (all) as more than just Sprites!

And at the end of the day, look at it this way; they're certainly no lake trio.
The Lake Trio might have had a similar body shape and the same Type, but their heads were completely different, as well as their Stats, expressions and poses. Not to mention they had an arguably more interesting "realm". They weren't just the same creature colored differently with a few very minor differences, as the Genies strike me as. Tornelos and Voltolos even have the exact same Stat distribution.

Sad to say, their art didn't help them one bit, either. It's still the same damn pose, only from different angles. It might be way better than the Sprites, but it still feels too samey. They do have a design with potential. Unfortunately, they just sit there, floating with their arms crossed.

Just my opinion, though. On the other hand, the Musketeers look pretty awesome. Terrakion has won more points, and Virijion looks not as girly now. Cobalon needs a close-up, he still looks too difficult to discern.

All the people look great too. Iris is so dynamic, and the Dark guy looks better in his art. Fuuro's meat is also more outstanding. Shaga looks awesome, and Shikimi is adorable, as is Caitlin. Adeku looks older than I expected too, but they gave him a great pose. All of them, really.

I dunno, have to go with the Djinns here. They just look like cool dudes you can have a beer with,

Anyway, here's Shibirudon!
vlgame028245.jpg

Interesting the guide is showing EV spreads.

(Hopes for Riguree's and Oobemu's art to leak up soon).

Gobitto and Goruggu look amazing in the artwork.

And shikimi looks really cute with that expression (I just love the Meganeko type of girl).

*insert major fangasm here*

Is it me, or did Ken's style change drastically from DPPt to BW? Iris, Shaga, and the E4 members all look much more dynamic and detailed. Not that it's a bad thing. Art evolution does wonders! Iris and Shikimi are adorable! *Needs to draw fanart*

And OMIGOD Gobitto, Goruggo, and Vaivanilla!!! DO WANT!!!

*Ahem* That being said, I think the official artwork definitely did the Musketeer and Djinn Trio justice. I love Terrakion and Virizion, but Cobalon is still hard to make out. The Djinns may have been drawn the same albeit in different angles, but I really like Tornelos.

Is it me, or do they love using the pose Shibirudon does in it's artwork? Usually for the birds, but over pocket men do it too.

Love all the artwork revealed so far. Still can't tell if Kirikizan is supposed to have pupils or not though xD

I love this new art. Iris makes me want to hug her and all the others are bad-ass Adeku is hairy :p. Seriously, this art gives a new sense to the Pokémon and characters than the sprites.

vlgame028245.jpg

Interesting the guide is showing EV spreads.

Is that a log scale, or what? Because that looks more like a 248/248/20 spread than a 252/252/4.

Also, the 85 line (I'm assuming that's 85 and not 100) is way more than 1/3 of the way up. Either they failed at making the scale, or were just counting on people's competitive battling intuition to kick in (the only people who would really care about EV spreads are competitive battlers in the first place).

Or, perhaps I'm overanalyzing it. Take your pick.

At any rate, I'm disappointed that they're still displaying base stats using the "star" system. Even the North American guides used numbers for the Johto guides. And that was in 2000. (Also, I don't understand some of these things. Why, exactly, is it a good idea for Shibirudon to maximize HP and Special Attack?)

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, but it does look cooler with more detail.

I'll note that the eyes are now fully visible, and they don't take up the entire socket like the sprite seems to imply.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom