• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVENT: Summer 2018 Awards Winners!

AetherX

make plove not warble
Reaction score
18LlLUU.png

It's been a long and arduous judging period, but the results are finally in! It was a tough round of discussion, with some close calls. Thanks to everyone who voted and judged, without you this would not have been possible.

For those who aren't familiar with our system, one fic or character from each category is chosen. When there's an exceptionally close choice, we sometimes give out a second place prize.

Without further ado, the final winners:

STORY CATEGORIES

Best Journey Fic:

Best Speculative Fic:

Best Character-Driven Fic:

Best Expansion Fic:

Best Crossover/Non-Pokémon Fic:

Best Alternate Fic:

CHARACTER CATEGORIES

Best Protagonist:

Best Deuteragonist:
EFoIXux.png

Wren from spectra by @kintsugi

Best Antagonist:
mnfsQd0.png

The Monster from The Deprogramming by @Arkadelphiak

Best Character Interaction:

USER CATEGORIES

Best Newcomer:

Best Reviewer:

Best Written Word Contributor:

Congrats to all of you! Special thanks to @diamondpearl876 for the banners.
____________________​

All of the banners are available in the Hall of Fame. This includes the Honorable Mentions, so go check 'em out!

All nominees, regardless of whether or not you won, should be receiving two reviews from the people who judged your work. If you don't get those in the next couple weeks then let me know and I'll go hunt 'em down.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out along the way and a big congratulations to our winners! Be proud of what you've accomplished, you are all really quite amazing. Until next time~

Last edited:
1*BbB3vQm3yddKFcCLdAEWQA.gif

realistically, I don't say this enough, but I wanted to get two things off my chest:

1) lmfao aether thank you for herding cats for two months this year + putting up with my lackadaisical reading schedule for the trillionth time <3

2) thank you WW for once again being a lovely place of competition + community + growth alliteration what's that. my excitement, pride, and love to all of you! Reading for this season was a genuine pleasure, and I'm so very thankful for all the new and old faces I got to find along the way.

I am honoured and a little flummoxed by the wins - I've long thought my winning days were behind me, so this is a nice surprise. The win for Pua is especially nice given how close I feel to the character, so thank you all who judged and debated.

It's been amazing reading the sheer quality of work on the site at the moment, and even if it was a little stressful, I am glad I took on multiple categories so I could sample it all. The perfect encouragement to be more active around here again! Thanks mod team for putting together another great season!

My thanks to everyone involved in this. I'm sincerely glad to be part of a community like this one.

In particular, thanks to @canisaries, @Beth Pavell, @diamondpearl876, @Ambyssin, and @kintsugi for being so kind as to honour me with their votes for Best Written Word Contributor. I always put in a genuine effort and it warms my heart to feel acknowledged for it. It means a lot to me. All the best to all of you. x

cDgRCuD.gif

I'm... really not what sure what to say here, to be honest. I had no real idea of what to expect going into this, both as a judge and an entrant. There was only one category where I was familiar with most of the stories and I... didn't get put on that one. And then, against better judgment (heh) I volunteered for a second category. I was expecting to get brushed off given I've never judged anything before. But that didn't end up happening. I thought the judging conversations I took part in went well and I'm grateful to @AetherX and @diamondpearl876 for being so willing to address all my questions and concerns. I don't think I'll be able to commit to quite the same volume next time unless life circumstances change drastically, but thanks for trusting me to do this in my first go around.

To say nothing of the results. This is... really unexpected. I was dealing with a health insurance crisis today, so I didn't really have time to process things until now. It really took me by surprise. Since, prior to today, dp had been my lone source of feedback here for, like, the last three months. (@LightningTopaz I promise I'll get to your feedback once I post all of mine and am not totally beat from work.) All I can say is that I'm honestly shocked. Congrats to all the category winners, but also to all the entrants because I definitely experienced some very unique writing and it was great seeing what you all had to offer. ^^

All banners have now been added to the Hall of Fame! There were quite a lot of Honorable Mentions, so uploading them here would cause some technical difficulties. Go check them out in the Hall of Fame!

@AetherX, has the leaderboard been updated?

We're still working on integrating awards changes into the badge system. And given that there's a good chance the awards are going to change again, we're probably not going to update the leaderboard until after post-awards discussion, which is coming soon(tm).

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom