• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVENT: Summer 2019 Oneshot Comp Public Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! It's been an exciting month as people have striven to finish their short stories for this season's themed competition. Well done to the ten participants who managed to make it in time. Some of you cut it pretty close!

To any newcomers, the submission period may have ended, but you're still able to get involved by voting for your favourite story. Before you vote, you are strongly encouraged to read every entry. There are ten short story submissions this time, and the total wordcount of all of them together is only about 65,000 words. Voting closes on Sunday 22nd, 12:00 noon GMT.

A reminder: there are three categories, each with one winner. Best Use of Theme, picked by our judging panel, Best-Written Entry, also picked by the judges, and Best Overall Entry, picked by everyone. The judge-picked awards are mutually exclusive. Runners-up will be announced.

A small change: when I wrote the rules for this competition, I stipulated that we'd use a straw poll to collect votes, and that I would tally them, but also take my own story off the list. The new plan is that votes are collected through a Google Form, which protects against fraudulent voting and can be checked by our votecounting volunteers, @kintsugi and @canisaries. Many thanks to them for keeping me honest.

The Competition Entries:
Our Panel of Judges:
Get hype for our prospective winners! And of course, feel free to go ahead and review the entries, and/or discuss them here. (Dedicated private messaging discussions will be set up for the judges to discuss each entry shortly.) Remember that any review for a competition entry receives 4 extra points in the review league!

Thanks to everyone who gets involved!

And lastly, if you missed the link above: Click Here to Vote!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom