• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Summer Awards 2016 - Official Nominees and User Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
Hello all!

After some feverish voting in the last few days, we have our full list of official nominees. These are the 25 stories that will be moving on to the next round of judging. So here they all are:

Best Journey:
The Long Walk by @Beth Pavell
How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps by @AceTrainer14
Love and Other Nightmares by @diamondpearl876
More Than Ribbons by @TwinklingCupcake
Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey by @Juliko
Pokemon: Accelia Heroes by @JayGaymes

Best Dark:
Survival Project by @diamondpearl876
Beautiful Minds by @Treble Tech
The Cult of Pleasure by @Edmund Daltonic

Best Expansion:
Pokemon: The Power Inside by @Legacy
Look by @RaccoonGoon

Best Non-Pokemon:
A Chocolate Apple and a Rock by @Lyrebird
Madness by @Lugion
Psychic Duelist Django by @CynthiaLover

Best Poetry and Short Prose:
Black Dog by @Beth Pavell
Star Mariner by @Beth Pavell
Fear is for Winter by @Jabberwocky
Bubble Buddies by @Juliko

Best Alternate:
Communication by @Sike Saner
Ranger School by @Hanzo in Plain Sight
The Story of Fritz Westmyn: The Turning World by @System Error
PMD: Ghosts of the Past by @GenjiGibus
Storm Island by @Kimberly Prescott
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Destruction by @0bs1d1an_kn1ght

Best Protagonist:
Alaska Acevedo from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
Joshua Cook from The Long Walk
Daniela Harris from A Chocolate Apple and a Rock
Solonn from Communication
Sai Luart from Survival Project
Sylvia from Sylvia the Sylveon by @Juliko

Best Antagonist:
Amara from Pokémon: A Marvelous Journey
Hazel Avalon from More Than Ribbons
Janine from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps

Best Supporting Character:
Sandy Samson from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
Kimberly Fairbrooke from Storm Island
Michael Johnson from Ranger School

Best Pokémon Character:
Darwin the Primeape from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
Meowth from The Long Walk
Atis from Survival Project
Popplio from Bubble Buddies

Congratulations to all the authors and best of luck over the coming judging period. I will remind you all that any chapters posted after this are not counted in the judging round. We also ask that you do not edit older chapters during the judging period – you may edit your first post for table of contents, but any editing of recommend reading chapters or a large number of chapters may result in disqualification.

Speaking of, for all those who have stories that have moved on, you are now welcome to submit to us your recommended reading.

All of those people who have moved on, you now have the option to submit your recommend chapters. For those not in the know, these chapters help the judges with reading the longer stories on offer. The judges will read the first few and most recent chapters, but they cannot possibly read every chapter as they are volunteers, so your chapter submissions will help make it easier for us to read your work. In order to submit, simply PM me the links to your chosen chapters. Here is how to link them properly, the formatting is up to you in this case.
Step One: Highlight the name of the story
stepone_zpsncwqjoea.png

Step Two: Click this icon
steptwo_zpsl7mf5fu9.png

Step Three: Paste the link in the red box
stepthree_zpsuu0skcga.png

Step Four: You’re done! It should look like this
stepfour_zpsohic9mq8.png
Since I have made it so easy to do it this way, if links are not submitted this way your nominations will be ignored.

- You can submit four chapters if these chapters are of a reasonable length, and no more than two if your chapters are over 10,000 words. You have freedom with how many you can submit, but use your common sense: look at the length of the chapters in comparison to the length of the story and how many chapters there. Submitting four novella-length chapters will not win you any favours with the judges.

- You do not need to submit any chapters if your story is a one shot or has a small amount of chapters of a reasonable length. If you had eight or less chapters of a reasonable length (ie they don't total more than 20,000 words), you should not and do not have to submit all four chapters. If your story has over fifty chapters, you should use all four available.

- DO NOT submit your first chapter/prologue or your latest/last chapter as judges will read these regardless. If you have so view chapters that these are your best two, it likely means you don’t need

- Please message these to me within 72 hours (so Wednesday 8:30PM NZT), even if the chapters are the same as last time. Chapters not in by then will risk judging beginning and being done without them.

When it comes to choosing your chapters, you should find the ones that best convey the things that make your story shine rather than the chapters with the funniest lines. If you excel at plot, character or style the most, highlight those areas with the chapters you select. Try your best to find the chapters that will make the judges want to read more, to learn more about your story and why it deserves an award. It may seem a given, but you will be surprised by what some people submit. If a character moved on, I would recommend submitting at least one that specifically highlights them.

Please note that if you do not submit recommend chapters and win your category, your story cannot be taken into consideration for Best Story. This is because when our judges come to deliberate on the winner they need the option to read the recommended chapters of the other stories outside their category.

While we judges are working, the rest of you can vote for the three User Voted awards. You may vote for one user per category. I will let you know closer to the conclusion of judging how long you have left, but there are at least three weeks in which you can cast your votes. Good luck to these users as well!

Best Newcomer: @Dark Terminator 2901,[USER=85711]@TwinklingCupcake, @Treble Tech
Best Contributor: @diamondpearl876, @AetherX, @Athena, @0bs1d1an_kn1ght
Best Reviewer: @AetherX, @Crobatman, @kintsugi, @Beth Pavell

Thanks to all that nominated and voted. Best of luck to everyone involved - may the votes be ever in your favour.[/USER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder both to people that voting is open for Reviewer, Newcomer and Contributor, and also that there is 27 hours left to get your recommended reading in. If you do not submit judging by this time, the judging of you story may begin and finish before those chapters are submitted. Not submitting any chapters at all will also mean your story/characters will be ineligible for Best Story and Best Character.

I am putting a five day countdown on this. So this will end in five days exactly. I am extremely disappointed to see only three people have voted so far, and surely hope that at least a couple more of you will come out and support your fellow writers.

I don't normally vote, but since it's early, why not?
Best Reviewer: AetherX
Best Newcomer: Dark Terminator 2091
Best Contributor: Athena

Best Newcomer: Treble Tech
Best Contributor: AetherX
Best Reviewer: Beth Pavell

hey y'all

Best Newcomer: Dark Terminator 2901
Best Contributor: Athena

I thought that we could not vote anymore, since the other topic was closed long ago. But if there's more time, then I'll choose...
Best Newcomer: Treble Tech
Best Contributor: AetherX
Best Reviewer: Crobatman

Best Newcomer: TrebleTech
Best Reviewer: kintsugi
Best Contributor: diamondpearl876

Last edited by a moderator:
Still deliberating on the awards, so will add another 24 hours to this so we can get a few more votes in :)

Thought I'd voted on this already? Never mind, sorry, seems not. Anyways, let's see here.

Can't really vote on Best Newcomer, I've not read anything from any of them, so all I can say is: good luck, you three.
Best Contributer: diamondpearl876

Completely forgot about this until now. Haven't created much fanfics lately, so I can't really say anything about best reviewer, but best of luck to everyone.

Best newcomer: Treble Tech
Best Contributor: diamondpearl876

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom