• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Summer Awards 2016: Winner's List

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
Hello all!

The judging has been done for about a week now, but we wanted to bring you the banners at the same time as the winners for once, so apologies for the delay. Without any further ado, here we go!

Best Journey: @AetherX, @Lugion, @System Error, @Life, @GenjiGibus
S16BestJourney_zps9fpdfvyl.png

Best Dark: @kintsugi, @Athena, @Hanzo in Plain Sight
S16BestDark_zpsh2ozmcib.png

@diamondpearl876

Best Expansion: @Hanzo in Plain Sight, @Kimberly Prescott
S16BestExpansion_zpsvg4bajtm.png

@Legacy

Best Non-Pokemon: @LightningTopaz, @Athena
S16BestNonPoke_zpsc7kzzbnd.png

@Lugion

Best Poetry and Short Prose: @AceTrainer14, @AetherX
S16BestPoetryorShort_zpsaqqziuft.png

@Juliko

Best Alternate: @AceTrainer14, @LightningTopaz, @Crobatman, @kintsugi, @Lord Kyuubi, @diamondpearl876
S16BestAlternate_zpsy4nbznm5.png

@Sike Saner

Best Protagonist:
S16BestProtagonist_zpsniqkxre5.png

@diamondpearl876

Best Antagonist:
S16BestAntagonist_zpshlvndybo.png

@Juliko

Best Supporting Character:
S16BestSupport_zpsrwttievg.png

@Kimberly Prescott

Best Pokémon Character:
S16BestPoke_zpsde8hchrq.png

@diamondpearl876

Best Newcomer

S16BestNewbie_zpsdt0yow3z.png

@Treble Tech

Best Reviewer
S16BestReviewer1_zpshif5flf2.png
S16BestReviewer2_zpsm7pvagvz.png

@Crobatman / @Beth Pavell

Best Contributor
S16BestContributor_zpszieqfmnk.png

@AetherX

And now we get to the big two awards!

Best Character:
S16BestChar_zpsjzwhx0vs.png

Best Story:
BestStory.png

@diamondpearl876

Congratulations to the winners! It was tight in certain categories, but a lot of good stories and characters walked away with prizes, and some very deserving users as well! A big congrats to diamondpearl876 in particular: only the second time that has happened with the two big prizes, so a huge congrats! Look out for the FOTM interview in a few days.

And let us not forget the judges, who did a fantastic job this time around, some who went the extra mile to make up for our shortfall so thank you all so much for dedicating your time. They will be posting their reviews over the next few weeks. If you have not received feedback in the next two weeks, either let me know or contact them yourselves: the judges for each category are listed next to the category name.
Also, a big thanks to @AetherX for turning my vague suggestions into beautiful banners!

Thank you to everyone who took part, either through nominating or voting, or even just reading the stories our section has to offer. These awards wouldn't happen without the support and interest from all of you, so I hope we see more quality work over the next few months and more reviews and commentary from the fantastic people that make up this section.

Congratulations once more to all the winners!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, this is a very nice surprise to wake up to! :D Thanks so, so much, and congrats all around!

I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible...

Hahaha, no, this is honestly a pleasant surprise and I am so grateful to the judges of the non-Pokémon category for deeming my story the winner.

Congratulations to all the other winners!

Oh, whoops. I guess now is a bad time to have changed my name...

Congratulations to all involved! Some of us have to work harder, it seems!

It was well earned, DP ;)

I was a bit surprised myself to see 8ES win, I really wasn't expecting it. Now that I've won a few times though, I am going to retire the story the next awards season, Alaska as well. I may enter a few characters but would rather let my other storie shave a chance. Thank you though to everyone who has read it and especially those who voted for it to move on. Given that the recent arcs have been a lot calmer compared to the rest of the story, it is very reassuring to see that people still like the story even when nothing's blowing up. Cheers all!

The leaderboard has been updated once more. Very pleased to have two new names on the board (hopefully next time we can get a few more newbies on board). We are also seeing an increasing number of people near the top, with Aether and DP both on 6 now alongside Beth and Athena. One of them (or kintsugi on 7) could easily be our next Workshop Champion, so keep writing folks!

AceTrainer14: 8
kintsugi: 7
AetherX: 6
Beth Pavell: 6
diamondpearl876: 6
Rediamond/Athena: 6
Flaze: 5
Legacy: 5
AC-Prescott/Kimberly Prescott: 4
apenpaap: 4
Dai: 4
Misheard Whisper: 4
System Error: 4
unrepentantAuthor: 4
Gama: 3
Feliciano: 3
Kyuuketsuki: 3
Sike Saner: 4
Tophat Dragoneye: 3
Caprizant/Kurloz Makara: 2
GastlyGibus: 2
Gotpika: 2
Juliko: 2
Lugion: 2
SuperTrainStationH: 2
Ahnyo: 1
Arkadelphiak: 1
BlinkVallen: 1
Blue Nostalgia: 1
The Booty Warrior: 1
Caite-chan: 1
Caitlin: 1
chaos_Leader: 1
CynthiaLover: 1
FullMoon: 1
Kelleo: 1
LightningTopaz: 1
Lyrebird: 1
matt0044: 1
nicolem_animefan: 1
0bs1d1an_kn1ght: 1
Silverwynde: 1
That Guy: 1
Th!nkPi: 1
Treble Tech: 1

Also thought it was worth noting that not only have BP and CroFlazeman tied this time for Best Reviewer, they are also both tied with the most wins in that category!

Congrats to all the winners.

Ugh. Must start writing again to beat Ely to Champion 2...

I...I have no idea what to say. I never thought I even had a sliver of a chance of winning. I don't even think I deserve these awards. But...thank you all! You're all so awesome! You have no idea how happy this has made me!!! *hugs everyone*

is the background the opening scene from the lion king? It looks so similar to it and gave me a good chuckle regardless of it it is or not. ^^ (banners look great btw Aether!)

But to be more on topic, congrats all you winners! Though I only read 2 stories this season had such a high volume of well-written stories and it was exciting to see who was going to take home which award. All very deserved however!

Congrats to all the winners!
And for the rest of us, let's work harder for the next awards season!

Wow I'm dumb I thought I responded to this ages ago.

Congratulations all around! I'm not sure what I contributed to the Written Word over the last few months, but I guess it was pretty neat. Thanks for the votes!

is the background the opening scene from the lion king? It looks so similar to it and gave me a good chuckle regardless of it it is or not. ^^ (banners look great btw Aether!)

Nah, just a random mountain-y sunrise. Thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom