• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Summer Awards 2017 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
Hello!

I am here today to once again tease the upcoming awards. Things will be kicking off on June 12, giving you all a few weeks to get some writing and editing in before the judges cast their judgy eyes over you all.

The main reason I am doing an announcement is that there is a big change this time. For the first time in a few years, we are removing the voting round from the competition. We realised that most of the stories and characters that got nominated ended up in the judging round anyway, so having an extra week to dilly-dally about just didn’t make sense anymore.

This will mean that once the nomination round has closed, any chapters posted after then won’t be in consideration. So you have two weeks to edit your old chapters and post the new ones you want us to judge! There will be some other tweaks as well, but I’ll save those for the main thread.

The other change this round is that we are doing away with the word requirements for past winners, as it proved a bit fiddly. Instead, anyone who won an award in the last round or has more than three badges and wants to compete will have to sign up to judge in order for their work to qualify. If you fall into this category and I do not hear from you before nominations open, your stories will be ineligible. This rule does not apply to new users, so if that's you, don't worry about it!

I just wanted to clarify those two things before nominations begin. Look out for the main event to kick off on June 12th, and until then, keep reading and writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom