• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #14: How many Ultra Beasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. There won't be physical prizes for this particular series, but we'll be sure to put the winner(s) of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. We'll have future contests with real prizes at a later date.

Contest #14: How many Ultra Beasts will there be?

With Ultra Beasts being such an unknown entity in various regards, how many do you think there will be? So far we know UB01, and the two UB02, Beauty and Absorption making three.

Have fun!

The rules/terms of this contest:
  • You can guess the same as someone else if you had the same/similar idea
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread - contest threads aren't for discussions
  • No cheating - going back and changing your answer after news has been revealed for example
  • Delete your old post if you want to make a new one for predictions
Previous contests:

Due to leaks no more guesses for this contest will be allowed. Any guesses that were posted after the leak will also be disqualified. Winners will be announced when information is officially revealed/found when the games release.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 more antagonist big bad UBs will be introduced. 1 for each game version. They will be the mastermind behind everything in the plot.

Or not. I kinda expect we will only have these 3 more, but this is a more interesting guess and the one I'm going with.

I expect 5 designations (as in, UB-01, UB-02, UB-03 and so on), but since Beauty and Absorption are both counted as UB-02, that makes for 6 total Beasts (I don't anticipate any more version-exclusive Beasts).

10, UB-variations are counted separately

Hmm... I'm going to go with a total of 7.

Going to go with 10 unique Ultra Beasts:

UB-01 (only ???)
UB-02 (Absorption and Beauty)
UB-03 (3 species)
UB-04 (4 species)

UB-04 count as the grunt class of the Ultra Beasts and there are multiple of them. UB-03 will act as admins, and the UB-02 will act as the main boss of the Ultra Beasts for Sun and Moon, respectively. While UB-01 is technically their leader, something happened to it and its body separated from its "consciousness"--that's why the main site states that UB-01 only seems to have a survival instinct.

7, because I feel like it's a perfect number.

I'll guess 3. Meaning we've already seen them all.

I'll guess 8 since it's the number of gyms that appeared in the previous games before Sun and Moon and while four due to the number of islands and likely Kahunas and Totem Pokémon but I think that there are more Ultra Beasts than we've seen and I doubt that we've seen most of them yet.

hmmm? maybe the same as legendaries? 4 tapus, 3 legedaries, Type:Null , magerna, I will say 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom