• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #16: The Alola Dex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. There won't be physical prizes for this particular series, but we'll be sure to put the winner(s) of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. We'll have future contests with real prizes at a later date.

In a previous contest we've asked how many new Pokémon there will be. However, some of the old Pokémon will be present in Alola too. So this time our question is:

Contest #16: How many Pokémon will be in the Alola Dex?

So: How many different Pokémon will we be able to catch in Alola, including the old Pokémon that will be present in the region?

Good luck and have fun!

The rules/terms of this contest:
  • Please only make one guess and name an exact number. The answer "about a 100" will count as 100 and "between 150 and 200" will count as 150.
  • You can guess the same as someone else if you had the same/similar idea
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread - contest threads aren't for discussions
  • No cheating - going back and changing your answer after news has been revealed for example
  • Delete your old post if you want to make a new one for predictions
Previous contests:

Due to leaks no more guesses for this contest will be allowed. Any guesses that were posted after the leak will also be disqualified. Winners will be announced when information is officially revealed/found when the games release.

Last edited:
440. Each island gets a seperate dex with 100 different Pokemon and adding 40 just to get it closer to XY's Pokedex.

100 melele
110 akala
120 ula ula
130 poni
= 460, that's my guess.

480 (including old pokemon).

Friendly remainder that at least one island dex is confirmed to have more than 130 Pokemon, it was in a video with Eevee.

My prediction is 430.

Iirc the Poképelago video with Pinsir shows one of the Dex having Pinsir as #170! Unless it's the overall Alola Dex seeing as Poképelago technically isn't any of the four islands.

But I'm going for 550. Gotta go all out '='

Aw man, I thought this thread would list Pokémon in dex order. :(

Anyway, I predict that Pokémon are separated by which island they come from, so each island could have 100-150 different Pokémon, meaning the Dex as a whole could have 400-600 Pokémon in it.

360, with each island having a cool 90 Pokemon.

Due to leaks no more guesses for this contest will be allowed. Any guesses that were posted after the leak will also be disqualified. Winners will be announced when information is officially revealed/found when the games release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom