• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #18: Battle Tree Cameos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. There won't be physical prizes for this particular series, but we'll be sure to put the winner(s) of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. We'll have future contests with real prizes at a later date.

Contest #18: Name a maximum of five famous/significant trainers from the Pokémon video games who you think could make an (re)appearance at the Battle Tree in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Currently we know Cynthia, Wally, and (most likely) Red and Blue will be returning characters for the Battle Tree. What other friendly (or not-so-friendly) faces do you anticipate seeing at this new battling location?

Good luck and have fun!

The rules/terms of this contest:
  • You can guess the same as someone else if you had the same/similar idea
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread - contest threads aren't for discussions
  • No cheating - going back and changing your answer after news has been revealed for example
  • Delete your old post if you want to make a new one for predictions
Previous contests:

Diantha
Lance
N
Caitlin
Malva

Anabel
Lance
Steven
Can't think 2 more. Doubt that there will be really much to be honest

This is a weird contest because you can just name four (main) Champions and probably be right: Lance, Steven, Alder and Diantha.

I'll add Silver even though I'm less sure about all rivals returning.

Lance
Steven
Zinnia
Iris
N

I'll play it somewhat safe. As much as I'd like for some lesser characters to be included, I think it will only be the bigger ones.

I'll give you one better and explain my choices.

Zinnia - Why not? It would be nice to know what she did with her life after ORAS, and Z-Moves are just a different way a Pokémon can unleash their potential similar to Mega Evolution. I'd like to see her thoughts on Z-Moves and how she uses them.
Steven - Z-Crystals seems like the kind of thing he'd be into given how he is evolutionary stones an Mega Stones, so taking on the Battle Tree would give him a chance to see it in action.
Juan - This is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if we saw him here since he was absent from ORAS aside from Wallace making a passing reference. Maybe we'll even learn what he was doing during that time form pre-battle or post-battle dialog.
Alder - Since Unova is Pokémon's version of New York and Alola is the Pokémon version of Hawaii, it wouldn't surprise me of they were part of the same country, or at the very least connected in some fashion. This makes Alder's appearance a bit more credible than the others on this list.
Colress - He was mentioned in XY, and his research about bringing out the potential in Pokémon fits right in line with the concept of Z-Moves.

Steven
Colress
Alder
Lance
Giovanni

Zinnia
AZ
Lance
N
And I feel like a gen 7 character will be there too. Im thinking Gladion.

Lance
Steven
Wallace
Iris
Alder

If I could add more ill say Dianthia Colress and AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom