• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #3- Kiteruguma and Mimitsukiyu

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Crow

Alola :v /
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. Unfortunately we don't have the means to offer physical prizes as we have done in the past, but we'll be sure to put the winner of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon.

For the third week of this weekly guessing contest we have a question from yesterday's news regarding the new revealed pokémon.

But first! Please remember there are a few general rules:
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread. This thread is NOT for discussion purposes and any posts that are made to discuss predictions will be moved to the appropriate thread or deleted.
  • Please be respectful of everyone's predictions when discussing them outside of this thread.
  • Please do not go back and change your predictions after news related to them has been announced. We want to have good sportsmanship in these contests. Besides, we'll know ;)
  • If for any reason you would like to change your predictions prior to any relevant news, please delete the original post and make a new post with your new prediction. This is to make it easier on the staff when it comes time to review predictions.
  • We reserve the right to adjust the rules as needed based on observations or feedback. Standard forum rules apply.
  • As there are no real "prizes" (other than bragging rights!) you can make the same guess as someone else. Just remember that if they posted it first they are more likely to be named the winner (or there will be multiple winners).

CONTEST #3 : What will be the localized names of Kiteruguma and Mimitsukiyu

250px-Kiteruguma.png

Kiteruguma:
    Types: Normal/Fighting
    Abilities: Fluffy/Klutz

adowzm.png

Mimitsukiyu:
    Types: Ghost/Fairy
    Abilities: Disguise

So time to post your predictions~ The names can be in any language so don't hesitate to be use any you'd like!.

Last edited:
Mimichu as many others have guessed for the Pikachu imposter.

I'd like the panda to be "Hugbear", but I think people would assume its a stupid name and not get the "Bugbear" pun.

For Kiteruguma I'll guess Pulvursa (Pulverize+Ursa) and for Mimitsukiyu I'll say Mimispirit (Mimic+Spirit).

I'm really bad at these.

I have a feeling Mimikyu's name will remain the same in English localizations. It gives of the unofficial Pikaclone vibe, like Marill, and we know they rarely get renamed, or respelled at most. I vote for Mimikyu or Mimicue or even Mimicute.

Hugbear is the most fitting name for that bugbear pedobear (pardon me, I really don't have love for it). It follows the Rockruff name trend.

Kiteruguma: Squeetedd (squeeze + teddy, also Terrible Ted, a wrestler who was famous for using bear hugs)

Mimikkyu: I feel like its name will be really out there. Maybe something like Crayket (crayon + blanket) or Claddoo (cladding + boo + doom).

Mimikkyu - Mimicyu (tried to avoid saying Mimichu or Pikaboo so literally changing the Japanese name over)
Kiteruguma - Unabear (Unaware of its strength + bear even though I don't think it's a bear? :p )

Huganda or Bearhug (haha, get it? In a similar vain to Abra, Kadabra, etc.) for Kiteruguma (Hug and Panda respectively for the former).
Mimixie for Mimikkyu (Mimic and Pixie respectively). But I also like the Pikaboo fandom name for it too.

Huggings and Pikacry.

Basically Hugs+Rings(for the tail) and Pikachu+Mimicry.

How about "Mascloth" for Mimikkyu? (Mascot+Cloth)

This is assuming it was able to disguise itself as other mascot Pokemon like other Pikaclones or Charizard/Lucario.

Pikaboo (Pikachu + boo) for Mimitsukiyu and Usrtrict (Ursine + Constrict) for Kiteruguma. The Pikaboo seems obvious if it's the default or only form for our meta-commentary on Pikaclones, and Urstrict just sounds cool and really brings out the feeling that this cute and cuddly creature will crush you to death.

Kiteruguma: Pancare (Panda + care), Panbrace (Panda + embrace), Hubig (Hug + big).
Mimikkyu: Imiket (Imitation + blanket), Ragpit (Rag + spirit).

Mimikyu: Probably going to remain unchanged in localization like many are saying.

Kiteruguma: Teddly (Teddy + Cuddly)

Kiteruguma- Huguma this is a three way pun of Hug+ Kuma ( the Japanese word for bear) but also Akuma ( The Japanese word for Demon)
Mimikyu- Emuchu from Emulate ( match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation) plus Pikachu

Kiteruguma: Pancrush (Panda + crush) or Huggypan (Huggybear + panda) since that's sounds closer to the simpler names they're going for like how cutiefly is just a pun on "cutie pie".

Mimikkyu: won't change since the pun still works. If it does change it will probably be something like mimikyu or mimicu. If it does change mimichu (mimic + pikachu) and mimiwraith (mimic + wraith) are always options. I don't see them dropping the mimi part.

Kiteruguma: Kumanda Kuma ~ Jap. for "bear" + Panda. Also sounds like "commander", idk seems fitting for a fighting type.

Mimikkyu: No ideas for this one since I'm also of the opinion that this won't change, or just get anglicized into Mimichu. Pikaboo as many others have called it is great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom