• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #4 - How many new Pokemon total?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. Unfortunately we don't have the means to offer physical prizes as we have done in the past, but we'll be sure to put the winner of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon.

This week’s question is:

How many new Pokemon will be added?

Generation I introduced the original 151, while the latest Generation, VI, only introduced 72. But how many will VII add?

And remember the rules:
  • Please only post ONE prediction for each question. If you make more than one prediction in your post, only the first one will count.
  • As there are no real "prizes" (other than bragging rights!) you can make the same guess as someone else. Just remember that if they posted it first they are more likely to be named the winner (or there will be multiple winners).
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread. This thread is NOT for discussion purposes and any posts that are made to discuss predictions will be moved to the appropriate thread or deleted.
  • Please do not go back and change your predictions after news related to them has been announced. We want to have good sportsmanship in these contests. Besides, we'll know ;)
  • If for any reason you would like to change your predictions prior to any relevant news, please delete the original post and make a new post with your new prediction. This is to make it easier on the staff when it comes time to review predictions.
  • Please be respectful of everyone's predictions when discussing them outside of this thread.
  • We reserve the right to adjust the rules as needed based on observations or feedback. Standard forum rules apply.
Previous contests:

I reckon we will see a similar number to Gens 2 and 4, so I am going to guess 112, including secret Legendary Pokemon :)

I'm going to guess something like 96. Not only do we have a large cast, but with games becoming more detailed, Pokemon will have to become more detailed to accompany them which will mean that there will be less time to design brand new ones.

However, I do think there will be more than generation 6. This time, they don't have to update the entire cast from scratch.

I'm going to guess 88.

I think we'll get more Pokemon than Gen 6 but still less than other generations so something like 98?

I would guess about 95.

I'll say 110.

RIP this prediction too.

Last edited:
About ~115. But frankly, i just hope that we're going to have (much) more new pokemon than gen 6.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with a wild guess and say 113 new Pokemon

120. Is there a prize for these comtests or is it just a "rub in your face" right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom