• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #4 - How many new Pokemon total?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna guess, maybe, just over 100? Assuming a lot of the Pokémon revealed so far evolve once or twice and some of them are single stage, we could take it up to like 42, let's say we double the amount of evolutionary families we've seen so far and that's just under 100, then that leaves nonspecific free space

My Guess will be 129 new Pokemon, for a total of 850 existing in the game.

I'm going to go with 90 "announced" Pokemon, and 2 Pokemon that will be mythical and only announced when new movies arrive.

85. I doubt we're getting over a 100.

If I go by past quantities I get this:
# of new Pokemon excluding cross-generational evolutions (because sadly they seem to have abandoned that concept), babies and legendaries:
Kanto - 146
Jotho - 72
Hoenn - 125
Sinnoh - 64
Unova - 143
Kalos - 64

The square sum of these would be approximately 102 new species. Then we have 4 island guardians, Lunala, Solgaleo and probably Marshadow and an estimated 3 event legendaries.

So I am predicting that we'll get 112 new Pokemon species.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that the contest threads are for guesses only, not for discussions. Thanks, guys :D

Also @Tensho there's no actual prizes other than bragging rights. They're just meant to be a bit of guessing fun!

I think 105-115 new pokemon and 25 or 30 mega evolutions.
Or they will make as many like in gen 5, but hope not, better less and better really original ones.

103 New Standard Pokemon
15 New Formes For old Pokemon (Including Mega Evolutions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom