• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #4 - How many new Pokemon total?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess for the 20th anniversary they would do some insane amount they've never released at one time before and do something like 200, because that would be hilarious.

A little high, but I'll go ahead and guess 172 Pokémon.

I'll go with 121 new pokemon
to make the total 842

Exactly 28 Pokémons.
Pure guesswork, trust me. Someone or something inside me says it is going to be 28 new pokés with their evos.

Actually I think about 100-120. They seem to have gotten rid of Mega Evolution which means there might be more new Pokemon. Also Alola seems bigger than Kalos as well.

Also Alola seems bigger than Kalos as well.
The region size is pretty irrelevant, but the Pokedex size does seem to be bigger (four sections with apparently around 150 Pokemon each), and one would think that the proportion of new Pokemon would at least be maintained. That would give us around 96 new Pokemon.

I want to guess 93-105 new Mons. No idea why, but I feel like Alola is going to give us more to work with. I hope.

Since we didn't got so much new Pokémon in Gen 6, I'm guessing it will be between 100 and 140
Tbh, I really hope that we're gonna get a lot of new Pokémon

I'm gonna hope for at least 100. My guess would be for 120-130.

So far they released over 20 pokemon and its still like 4 months before the release! I think because of this there's a good chance there's gonna be a lot! Also becuz its their 20th anniversarryy! (HAPPY ANIVERSARRYYY GURLL!!!) yaah so maybe im guessing about like uhm 120 or so ^u^

In light of recent events, I'm altering my guess to:
93 Brand-New Pokemon
30 Alolan Regional Variant Pokemon
10 New Mega Evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom