• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #8: Which type will have the most/least new Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. There won't be physical prizes for this particular series, but we'll be sure to put the winner of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. We'll have future contests with real prizes at a later date.

This week we're gonna talk about the amount of Pokémon introduced for each type:

Contest #8: Which type do you think will have the most new Pokémon and which type the least? (Alola Forms included)

Please submit your answer in the following format:
Most Pokémon: [type]
Least Pokémon: [type]

Note that we're only asking for one type, not dual types. A Fairy/Electric Pokémon counts as a new Pokémon for both the Fairy and the Electric type, for example.

The rules/terms of these contests:
  • Please only make ONE guess for each question.
  • You can guess the same as someone else if you had the same/similar idea
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread - contest threads aren't for discussions
  • No cheating - going back and changing your answer after news has been revealed for example
  • Delete your old post if you want to make a new one for predictions
Previous contests:

Last edited:
Most Pokemon: Electric
Least Pokemon: Normal

Will Alolan Forms count toward this total, or just purely new Pokémon? Not that it really matters but I'm just curious.

Most: Water
Least: Dark (sadly)

Will Alolan Forms count toward this total, or just purely new Pokémon? Not that it really matters but I'm just curious.

Yes, the question states "Alola Pokémon included" but I guess I should change that into "Alola forms".

Most Pokémon: Electric
Least Pokémon: Water

Most pokemon: Water
Least pokemon: Bug (tragically)

Alolan forms are included? That's kinda funky; I'd prefer to guess just new actual pokemon for future contests

Most Pokemon: Fairy
Least Pokemon: Psychic

Alolan forms are included? That's kinda funky; I'd prefer to guess just new actual pokemon for future contests

Well so far, we have only focussed on the new mons. But because the Alola forms can bring new type combinations, we thought it would be a good idea to include them this time. Also, if a lot of Alola forms get the Ice type for example, I think the chance of getting new Ice type mons is smaller. No matter if we count them as new Pokémon or not, I'm pretty sure GameFreak does when deciding the type distribution of the new mons. So I think it's easier to guess what the overall type distribution shall be among all the new creatures introduced.

Well so far, we have only focussed on the new mons. But because the Alola forms can bring new type combinations, we thought it would be a good idea to include them this time. Also, if a lot of Alola forms get the Ice type for example, I think the chance of getting new Ice type mons is smaller. No matter if we count them as new Pokémon or not, I'm pretty sure GameFreak does when deciding the type distribution of the new mons. So I think it's easier to guess what the overall type distribution shall be among all the new creatures introduced.

I'd have preferred if there was an option to guess for completely new pokemon and have alolan Pokemon be separate though. I think I'll do that anyway regardless of whether I'm breaking a rule or not. It's still a prediction even if it's disqualified. :p

Just New Pokemon: Most - Fairy, Least - Ice
Just Alolan Forms: Most - Ice, Least - Poison
Both Included: Most - Fairy, Least - Poison

I don't want Poison to have the least amount of Pokemon since I nearly always end up having one on my first team, but I'm not feeling very optimistic about it.

Since alola forme is counted,

Most Pokemon: Fairy
Least Pokemon: Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom