• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon starters, release dates revealed: To be released this November

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Sun and Moon starters, release dates revealed: To be released this November

The starter Pokémon for Pokémon Sun and Moon, as well as its release dates, have been revealed.

Continue reading...

A kitten fire type starter?! What more could you ask for?! Also the presumed legendary for Moon looks great IMO. I can't wait for these games. Nothing like a game based on Hawaii to warm up a long cold winter.

Hmmm...a region based on a island group, eh?

Sounds like a good time for Groudon & Kyogre cameos! ;)

Also, Most Chill Professor ever!

The designs of the Pokémon and the general aesthetics of this game look so different! The trailer makes the game look a lot more "open", like they might be slowly moving away from grid-based movement.

The rounded speech bubbles look nice...

Also, looks like they've finally done away with the "spotlight" rings in battles. I was never a fan of those...

Those two box-legendaries definitely look reminiscent of Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters. I like that they're heading for more complex and distinctive designs in the legendaries, perhaps feeling more free to do so with true 3D models to work with.

Last edited:
For the first time, the water starter is the one that I liked the least. Litten looks pretty awesome! I hope he evolves into a Fire/Dark tiger Pokémon. Also, Rowlet is pretty cute, I Always loved barn owls.

I love both of these legendaries almost equally, I just think the bat one is a little cooler, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
As usual, I'm waiting until I hear of the first Gym Leader before I decide. Don't want it to be a case of picking Charmander before fighting Brock, now do I? Nope.

And so it begins! That fire kitty's gonna be mine.

PikachuColoredPichu.....Starting in firered and leafgreen charmander was given metal claw as a level up move. It was believed that it was done as a way to help out charmander against Brock since steel is super effective against rock. Unfortunately it didn't help much at all unless charmander was over leveled by a fair amount. I just always found it to be quite humorous.

I really like the Sun Box Legendary as it look so divine and cool. The Moon Box Legendary is also not bad, look femininely evil like a sorceress, that is also good in its own way.

Though, this gen is really the one I don't like all of its starters. Yes, all three of them. I don't like every one of their design because it looks too much like some SD mascot plushie doll. I personally prefer pokemons with a sense of natural animal-like touch, not something look so artistically over-simplified to the point of feels like some LINE characters.
I'll have to see their evolutions in order to have a change of my feelings.

Where was Hala's name confirmed?

At 1:45 in the Japanese trailer it shows a text box with "Hala" asking which starter will you choose. I think it's just assumed that old guy is Hala because of the other trailer where he releases the starters for you to pick from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom