• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon: The Final Stretch

Reaction score
Starting next week, we will officially be in the Alola League, and that means the end is near. We are just under 21 weeks away from the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield, with the Sword and Shield series likely starting the first Sunday after the games come out. This leaves us with a few questions. What is left for Ash and his friends? How many more episodes remain in the SM series? How will they set up for Sword and Shield?

Whoa, SuMo is ending soon?

Image result for hello let's celebrate that

I guess we'll get a Mohn episode and a few episodes dealing with closure for Ash's other friends. I won't even entertain the thought of a Rainbow Team Rocket plot because that would be pointless.

Last big arc I can see is the search for Mohn and him eventually reuniting with his wife and kids. We still have to wrap things up at the school and say goodbye to the Alola cast. I think we'll also get an episode in Kanto again before setting up for Ash's departure to Galar.

In fact, there is no "post-game" that is so appealing to SM. But since I'm an anime fan, I hope Lusamine and his kids find Mohn again. I miss the Ultra Recon Squad, but I know that Necrozma's story has already been told (at least until now). I do not know, but I feel it would be interesting for the anime to mention, or at least remember, Nebby, Lunala, Necrozma and Poipole. I'd like to see Ash with Naganadel, but I'm pretty sure that after Meltan evolves (who knows during the league), he'll be abandoned. In addition, I wondered if, in an outburst of scriptwriting, in the same episode, Torracat evolved into Incinerate and Rowlet, taking a fright from Meltan, dropped the everstone and evolved into Dartrix. It may sound crazy, but I'm curious to see how you're going to sort things out. I think the fact that there were no movies in Alola helped the anime to focus on the legendary ones of the region and to return mythical of other regions (although I was frustrated by Ash not remember Magearna), making an organic adaptation of the games - although I do not find any season has made an adaptation as close to the games as SM. Sorry for the "outburst", is my opinion.

I don't think anyone cares about Ash's friends at this point. I actually don't think anyone cares about this league as well. The sooner they get through this and have Ash return to pallet town, the better.
The sooner that we get out of Alola and put as many miles between it and Ash, the better.

Melmetal will appear for sure. It will go mad of power or brainwashed by Team Rocket or Skull, and Rowlet's friendship song will calm it.

I see Shaymin's release having its own episode too, with Skull or Viren as the villains.

Mohn will be found (you don't say...) and we will cry.

Also, Ash and Tapu Koko will likely have a final battle. I was hoping this would happen before the league so Ash could use Pikashunium legally there, but whatever.

The main cast will hopefully graduate from the school. The classmates continuing studying while Ash leaves would get me mad on so many levels, so I pray it doesn't happen. As for the characters' destinies:

-Lana will surely move with the Seafolk.
-Mallow will stay at the restaurant, but her going to another region to learn about their cuisine isn't Farfetch'd.
-Lillie will either become an Aether Foundation volunteer or start a journey.
-Kiawe will stay at home, but he could go on a journey too.
-Sophocles will start a journey, or just go to the space center in Hoenn.
-I have heard about the idea of them becoming capitains and...I don't really think there has been enough foreshadowing for it. The writers don't care about normal trials at all.
-Ash will go to Galar (what a twist!) but if the writers feel generous he could go home first. He could not only visit some of his old Pokemon but also say goodbye to Brock and Misty before they're put on a bus again.

Interesting to think about the fate of colleagues and rivals of Ash. Imagine how insane Lillie traveled to Kanto, Mallow to Johto, Sophocles to Hoeen, Kiawe to Sinnoh, Lana to Unova and Gladion to Kalos. Well, and Hau would stay ... for Alola herself! Ash will obviously arrive in Galar - but this time I expect something more creative than Mr. Mime simply to win free tickets in a draw!

Interesting to think about the fate of colleagues and rivals of Ash. Imagine how insane Lillie traveled to Kanto, Mallow to Johto, Sophocles to Hoeen, Kiawe to Sinnoh, Lana to Unova and Gladion to Kalos. Well, and Hau would stay ... for Alola herself!

I wouldn't really view that as anything special since the odds of us seeing any of those characters again are probably incredibly low. They could all go to space and I wouldn't care.

Ash will obviously arrive in Galar - but this time I expect something more creative than Mr. Mime simply to win free tickets in a draw!

Ash will board a train to Galar after receiving his PokeHogwarts acceptance letter via Hoothoot post.

I'd like to see Ash with Naganadel, but I'm pretty sure that after Meltan evolves (who knows during the league), he'll be abandoned. In addition, I wondered if, in an outburst of scriptwriting, in the same episode, Torracat evolved into Incinerate and Rowlet, taking a fright from Meltan, dropped the everstone and evolved into Dartrix.
That seems unlikely. I think Ash will not bring his Rowlet to the league, but for the others...

Some episodes are about Mohn are all but guaranteed. (though I'm scared they'll just make it one :()

We also have Melmetal, Shaymin's Sky Forme, and maybe the return of Necrozma to show off its Z-Move. Not to mention maybe DO something with Nagendal (hell, they didn't even say its name last time).

We've still got a couple of months after the League to kill.

...though most of it will probably just be Melemele nonsense. :cautious:

-Mallow will stay at the restaurant, but her going to another region to learn about their cuisine isn't Farfetch'd.

She could have a special where she has a cook-off with Cilan ;)

Last edited:
An realistic idea for the final episode: Ash and the gang graduate from Pokemon School, and we see their lives following the graduation. However, Ash is prepared to start his journey in Galar.

(although I was frustrated by Ash not remember Magearna)

People honestly have high expectations on Ash remembering Pokémon he once stumbled upon, and so they keep on disappointing themselves.

Piplup is a special case. Dawn must've left a very good impression on Ash unlike Serena and it's my canonical thought.

End of SM: Ash loses the league, Mohn is found, Shaymin becomes Sky Forme and flies away, the Meltan merge into Melmetal (and Ash technically releases his Meltan), Magearna is given a Soul-Heart, and Team Skull is shut down and arrested.

Next series: Ash and Pikachu fly to Galar with Oak, is informed that no Pokémon from previous regions live there, ala, Best Wishes (which does contradict SwSh having some older Pokémon), and challenges the Galar League and loses. Team Rocket follows them, though whether Wobbuffet joins depends on if the line is programmed or not.

is informed that no Pokémon from previous regions live there, ala, Best Wishes (which does contradict SwSh having some older Pokémon)

There are many Kanto and Johto Pokémon that can't be found in Hoenn, but that didn't stop the writers from featuring those unobtainable Pokémon in the Advanced Series, even before FRLG came out. If anything SwSh's situation is much more similar to that of AG rather than BW. It's very unlikely that it will be like BW again.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom