• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun & Moon opening theme - Alola!!

You know, I have very mixed feelings with the fact that the region, hello and goodbye is all "Alola". I don't imagine an actual country would last without everyone going insane.

Even the first OP is called Alola, my goodness.
I actually believe it's like that in Hawaii.

Will they release a video at some point showing us the opening title credit for the new show?

I recall that there was a video for the opening title credit of XY's start with Pikachu pawing at a Pokeball & shoving his face in the tv screen before he jumped off the porch & ran to Ash.

Or am I remembering wrong?

Will they release a video at some point showing us the opening title credit for the new show?

I recall that there was a video for the opening title credit of XY's start with Pikachu pawing at a Pokeball & shoving his face in the tv screen before he jumped off the porch & ran to Ash.

Or am I remembering wrong?
That sounds like the first few seconds of Volt (the first opening for XY)

So upbeat! So excited to see the opening in full!!! Can we expect it this week?

Personally, I'm hoping the TV version has more of those "Dan Dan" (Go to 1:00 into the performance) verses in the second half, but it's pretty good overall. I can't wait to see the accompanied animation.

Alola!! aghh I'm really liking this ubpeat opening, can't wait to see the footage (and spoilers! XD)

Well, I'm convinced that this is a brand new Ash despite hearing that there is more continuity reference than XYZ. The opening really does sell the point that Ash is a 10 year old kid considering how he's interacting with everyone despite having 19 years of experience. In fact, I feel it's better to see this as brand new standalone series in the same vein as the various Scooby Doo/DC/Mickey Mouse-esque shows. It's nice and well animated, just feels... like a reboot of Pokémon (moreso than Best Wishes).

Well, I'm convinced that this is a brand new Ash despite hearing that there is more continuity reference than XYZ.
Contradiction much lol?

Not a reboot. Same Ash, same Pokemon lover as always. Same competence, love for battles etc.ž

And as you said, more continuity in a single episode than in whole of XY.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom