• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun & Moon opening theme - Alola!!

Contradiction much lol?

Not a reboot. Same Ash, same Pokemon lover as always. Same competence, love for battles etc.ž

And as you said, more continuity in a single episode than in whole of XY.

I would say it's more of Ben 10 Omniverse contradiction rather than my own (except Ash is treated much better than Ben Tennyson). Technically, Omniverse is continuity with the previous series (and has a lot more references to the past), but the art style and Ben's personality reset (as well as a few others) puts it at odds with the other series.

It's not even a lament of losing XYZ Ash anymore (as his story ended just fine). I just find it easier to view this Ash as a new incarnation. The same character yet at the same time different. That might change should they acknowledge his recent achievements in Kalos (bonus if they go beyond that) and remind us that this is indeed the very same Ash who stood up against Lysandre at Kalos darkest hour.

Oh, I thought he referred to Dark-type there, which only Rattata is, of those three.
I can see why'd you think that. He/she must have meant evil as in they are probably the Pokemon that belong Team Skull members.

Could be, though I didn't see any Team Skull grunts in the opening.
Did they ever use Salandit?
They did use it, yet, three of them. They could belong to Team Skull members, or maybe they're just like that random Trainer that Ash battled in the first XY Opening, meaning that Pikachu battling them isn't referencing anything that happens in the series.

That shot from Kameda Yoshimichi (Pikachuu fighting the evil-type Pokemon trio and then running racing the lion) is the most incredible six seconds of my life.

Kanada-style ftw!

I really like the dancing bit, so 70s.

I'm not sure if I'm still alive after watching those amazing visuals alongside the peppiest Rica song in so many years... Divine!

Am I wrong in thinking this is the first opening that doesn't contain the "The mysterious creatures of this planet, Pocket Monsters... Pokemon for short" text drawl?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom