• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun & Moon opening theme - Alola!!

I like the opening. It's cute and the song is catchy. But is Ash really gonna catch a Grubbin? Cuz I didn't see one walking with everyone, even when Litten and Rowlet were there...

I like the opening. It's cute and the song is catchy. But is Ash really gonna catch a Grubbin? Cuz I didn't see one walking with everyone, even when Litten and Rowlet were there...
a bit racist, maybe they won't put minor pokemon with Ash co.

Am I wrong in thinking this is the first opening that doesn't contain the "The mysterious creatures of this planet, Pocket Monsters... Pokemon for short" text drawl?
Good spot but I'm pretty sure that Mezase Pokemon Master didn't have this either :p

Ah ha! So there's the opening title video!
That certainly is a bouncy, catchy song.
I see our non-rhythm lead has picked up some dance moves from somewhere. Interesting.
You know what that procession reminded me of for some reason? Winnie-the-Pooh when Christopher Robin would line everyone up and they'd go marching through the Hundred Acre Wood. I seem to recall that Christopher had a stick he carried as well.
Yeah, I know, that's a weird comparison to make..... :p

Really so awesome opening, I said before about I am waiting it, and now I become wait the entire this song

You know what that procession reminded me of for some reason? Winnie-the-Pooh when Christopher Robin would line everyone up and they'd go marching through the Hundred Acre Wood. I seem to recall that Christopher had a stick he carried as well.
:ROFLMAO:

I hated the opening when I first heard it because Gen 6 had some pretty damn openings that likely would make my "Top 300 anime openings of all time" list, but eventually grew to like it! I wouldn't call it epic, but catchy and enjoyable. It gets a pass from me!

I just noticed something interesting regarding the opening. In the first few verses Satoshi mentions a non-descriptive girl referred as "ano ko" (that girl), just like in the first opening in the series. Furthermore, there's a part in the full version where he says "battoru shiyo ze!" just like at the beginning of the second opening. I don't know if these are direct references or just coincidences (and whether there are more I didn't notice), but I thought it was interesting.

I just noticed something interesting regarding the opening. In the first few verses Satoshi mentions a non-descriptive girl referred as "ano ko" (that girl), just like in the first opening in the series. Furthermore, there's a part in the full version where he says "battoru shiyo ze!" just like at the beginning of the second opening. I don't know if these are direct references or just coincidences (and whether there are more I didn't notice), but I thought it was interesting.
I noticed the "ano ko" and I thought it was just a nice little Easter egg so it's awesome that "battoru shiyoze" has also made it in!!! There's "golden sun and silver moon" in OK but it's more like that was foreseeing SM trololol :p

How did I miss this!? I'm going to have to watch back and investigate :cautious: I am usually fairly quick on catching onto easter eggs and the sort so I am really dissapointed in myself here. I bet that's all it is though, an easter egg.

I really like this opening. I was going to mention something I liked about it but I forgot it when I read @Syrinaris' comment. :LOL: I'll try again later.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom