• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Sun or Moon?

Are you leaning towards one version already?

• Sun, obviously

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Moon, definitely

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Maybe both

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Undecided / need more info

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
Petals For Armor
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'll likely get both eventually, but Moon first.

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting both versions, can't say which I'll be playing first until I have more information.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Moon, for sure. But maybe both.

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
I'll definitely be getting both, but I don't know which I'll play first. I want to know more first.

I'm a funny bug.
Reaction score
My tradition: I pick just one game according to the box art. Though so often lately, beautiful, deep blue designs have captivated me... :oops:

Reaction score
I'm getting both, but I'm waiting for them to reveal the box mascots so I'll know which one is going to be my main file.

Reaction score
Am leaning toward moon, but need more info before deciding. Considered getting both, but the last time I did that (xy) I played through one then lost interest about a quarter of the way into the second.

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
Interesting to see how big a lead Moon seems to have even this early on.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Like almost everyone, at this moment I'm more interested in the Moon version, simply because the logo's prettier heh.

However, I first really want to know the version exclusives and potential other differences between the versions before I make a real decision.

Almost always on Tapatalk.
Reaction score
For now. I will buy both. But Moon for me and Sun for my brother. XD

But I may change my mind.

Fluffy!
Reaction score
I love the Moon and everything that goes with it (concepts, myths etc.) so Moon it is! Unless Sun has something I really want, like a cooler box Legendary.

I liked buying both versions, but I dont have that luxury anymore. I've been saving for this next Pokemon game since after I bought AlphaSapphire. XD

average pokemon trainer
Reaction score
I think I will choose moon, because the other game that have it isn't blue so I don't repeat the color. that's simple :D

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
For now, I'll be leaning towards Sun, keeping a trend that I started with Pokémon Black - get the left side version first. Only twice have I broken this trend, and those times were SoulSilver and Generation VI (in which I eventually got all four of them).

For reference, the only reason it was different in SoulSilver was because this is how me and my friend decided what version we would get - the box mascots. He's a big fan of Ho-Oh, but also prefers Zekrom, Yveltal and Kyogre in design (and then there's B2W2 which gave us the opposite version legendary anyway). What a coincidence that I've gotten the ones that have typically been more competitively viable, or at least more common, in VGC2016's current meta (save Black Kyurem).

Reaction score
I'm considering getting both at the same time. but if not, I'm picking Sun. I've always chosen the ''red'' version somehow.

#TeamSword
Reaction score
Moon seems more interesting rn but it will depend on the exclusives and the box legendaries.

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Reaction score
Obviously it all depends, but at this moment, I will be purchasing Moon.

My brother and I have, since I can remember, each purchased one of the two games for each generation. Most recently he purchased Y and Omega Ruby, and I the opposite, so if the trend continues he'll likely purchase the red box, Sun, and I'll purchase the blue box, Moon. At the end of the day, though, I'm indifferent.

Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see what the version exclusives are before making a decision. I never did buy it but from Gen 6 my preferred version was Y. I liked Yveltal more plus it had Skrelp, but the store that I got the game from had no copies of Y in stock so I settled for X.

Reaction score
It really comes down to what the Mascot Legendaries look like and which version my sister chooses (as I'm letting her choose first this time round). At the moment though she likes Sun more and I'm leaning more towards Moon, mostly due to the cooler colours and whatnot.

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
I always buy both, but I'll play Moon first unless Sun has some mons that give me a reason to play it first. xD